• R_U_Guys_From_British - August 8, 2013 4:01 p.m.

Damn I'm in the early 20's. Times be a changin'
  • Fireninjastar - August 8, 2013 9:11 a.m.

Note to self: don't get a child, get a cat.
  • Foodperson - August 8, 2013 11:08 a.m.

Note to self: don't get a partner. Lol!
  • Fireninjastar - August 9, 2013 7:16 a.m.

Shopping list: -condoms
  • Rhymenocerous - August 7, 2013 9:21 a.m.

I'm 24 and life is getting in the way. I really wish I could retire so GTA 5 can get the attention it will undoubtedly deserve.
  • db1331 - August 7, 2013 8:44 a.m.

"Still, every now and then you have the occasional weekend binge session where you don't shower or change out of the clothes you slept in--these are the days you will treasure above all others." My God, I miss those weekends. For years, the best part of my week was sitting down in front of my PC with a huge mug of coffee on a Saturday morning and just getting lost in a game for 3 hours or so. About 80% of my gaming nowadays is done while holding a sleeping baby, which means no PC games (unless I can play them on the TV with a controller). The PS3 has been getting more use lately. I was able to put probably 4-5 hours into Ni No Kuni last weekend while he slept. Anyhow, I can't wait to get to those later years where we are able to play co-op games together. I'm looking forward to playing all my childhood favorites with him. We'll probably start with the original DKC.
  • PatHan-bHai - August 7, 2013 4:58 a.m.

Well, I just entered my late teens and now, I can proudly say that I'm being criticized for my love of the greatest hobby ever (screw da haterz!1!!). At Toddler, I could understand most of games like DKC, NFS and most fighting games (nods at KOF, which is a hell lot better than Street Fighters). At Early Teens, I played games and watched movies that no one should play/watch at that age. Silent Hill, GOW, Catherine and lots of other games/movies with 'steamy' stuff in there. And, don't get me started on anime, manga, and comics. :P
  • TheMcFinder - August 7, 2013 4:52 a.m.

besides the crushing depression this is pretty spot on haha
  • CitizenWolfie - August 7, 2013 4:46 a.m.

It's pretty much entirely accurate for me up until late 20s. I seemed to condense early and late twenties into 5 years and I've warp zoned into the 30s. Which sucks because I'm still 27 and that means 13 years of minimal gaming at a time when gaming is reaching its technological stride. And what's worse is that I mostly work nights so I have all day to play games yet still no time to do it after all the other crap I have to sort out. Whenever gaming sites like this or facebook pages ask "What will you be playing this weekend?" it makes me sad because I know that I wont be. So yeah, excuuuuse me Princess if I prefer playing games that I can finish in 5-10 hours or play in 10 minute blasts instead of trying to book a week off work to spend 100 hours on Skyrim or JRPGs while accomplishing precisely 0.5% towards completion. Good to know gaming becomes awesome at 50 though. Hopefully the PS7/Xbox Infinity will have a back catalogue so I can catch up on finishing Fallout New Vegas.
  • Riska - August 7, 2013 2:56 a.m.

It's crazy how accurate 10-15 and 15-20 are. I'm entering 26-30 and it makes me sad. So very, very sad.
  • samirbvr - August 6, 2013 10:51 p.m.

Just entered 30, I guess then I have a tight decade of gaming ahead of me. :)
  • Moondoggie1157 - August 6, 2013 7:56 p.m.

Wow, it's actually really fucking depressing that at the age of 23 I feel like an "early 30's gamer"... I've pulled the whole "sorry, late class tonight" and "yea shit, they asked me to work this saturday night" just to get in a few hours. I've been without a job for about 3 weeks now, so at least I got a bit of gaming in, but the girlfriend and I just got an apartment together, so starting this September I feel like I'm gonna lose what's left of my favourite pastime. Game on, friends. I'll be thinking of you all.
  • Moondoggie1157 - August 6, 2013 7:58 p.m.

On the upside, at least she is a pokemon trainer and I do plan on turning my future kids into gamers... so, at least there's that.
  • CitizenWolfie - August 7, 2013 4:47 a.m.

Dude, I've been out of daytime work for longer than that and STILL don't have time to game. I'm 4 years older than you but I feel your pain *bro hugs*
  • Moondoggie1157 - August 7, 2013 7:56 a.m.

i know it's gonna be 'aight, it's gonna be 'aight. It's just hord.
  • Fox_Mulder - August 7, 2013 12:36 p.m.

But I need scrilla now you know what im sayin'? I need scrilla for high chairs, baby formula for the mahfukas once they born, once they drop.
  • GOD - August 6, 2013 6:55 p.m.

Come here grandkids! Now who wants to play games on plastic cartridges and then watch some cartoons with the VCR?..... or is that too old.... ok we'll dust off the Laserdisc player!
  • Sovtek - August 7, 2013 1:43 a.m.

I can't wait to tell the grandkids that when I was a kid, there was no such thing as online multiplayer, because when I was a kid, there WAS no internet. They might shit bricks, or worse, not even be able to comprehend that.
  • Clovin64 - August 6, 2013 5:35 p.m.

Holy shit, the 50's sound awesome! Currently I'm in my early 20's and I'm at Uni, so basically I just have to cram in as much gaming as I can before I have to go to classes or work on essays and reports. I also have to feign ignorance when my flatmates complain that our flat's electricity meter has run out way quicker than it should have :P
  • ncurry2 - August 6, 2013 8:59 p.m.

Enjoy it while you can. Trust me, the amount of time you'll have for video games only drops after graduation. Unless you're lucky enough to not get a job. Wait...