Topics

Week of Hate

• Redeater - May 8, 2013 12:29 a.m.

Can I just say that it was fucking stupid of you guys to "spoil" that Tomb Raider bit? Most people probably won't care but one of my favorite things about the newest TR was that they kept the whole "is this island supernatural or not" right up until the end. They specifically go out of their way to keep you guessing. Swing and a miss GR........
  • RayPaw - May 8, 2013 2 p.m.

Aw man! I just got the notification that GameFly shipped a copy of Tomb Raider to me. I was really looking forward to it! I managed to somehow miss the significance of this in the slideshow — then I read your comment. Swing and a miss Redeater! Oh well, at least it's supernatural and not space aliens.
  • Redeater - May 8, 2013 4:43 p.m.

You missed the significance of a self explanatory four word sentence? ......You are going to be screwed when you graduate to Hop On Pop my friend.
  • Swedish_Chef - May 7, 2013 11:34 p.m.

Me playing Metal Gear Rising: "ALRIGHT WHO WANT"S TO DIE FIRST?!? I PLAYED 3RD STRIKE SON COME AT ME I'LL PARRY ALL DAT S***!!!" *Proceed to perfectly parry and zandatsu large group of enemies* "OH YEAH WHO'S NEXT COME ON!!!" *Get's hit in the back of the head by a gorrila robot performing an ublockable dropkick removing half my health.* "...Dammit." ... ;_;
  • n00b - May 7, 2013 10:23 p.m.

DmC got exactly what it deserves, parrying works perfectly fine and is op once you get used to it and so what if Yumi has daddy issues.
  • Jacko415 - May 7, 2013 10:09 p.m.

Thinking of what could've been if given the time and effort it deserved (Mass Effect 3) Yes im still sore about it. And fuck your dead horse i'll beat it as much as i want.
  • winner2 - May 8, 2013 4:42 a.m.

Beat that horse, beat it GOOD
  • gadjo - May 9, 2013 11:54 p.m.

Yeah, I don't care what people say about entitled gamers and the like, The entire ending of ME3 was terrible. It made no sense, went against all the moral and philosophical views the games had been going by, and introduced a deus ex machina where they didn't need one. The obvious, simple ending was right there in front of them, and they just decided "fuck it, let's make a nonsensical twist ending". ME3 deserves all the hate it gets.
  • Jacko415 - May 10, 2013 4:31 p.m.

what pissed me off the most was that almost all your choices throughout the series didn't mean JACK SHIT. Even the biggest descision of ME2 (Keep or Destroy the collector base) MEANT ABSOLUTLY NOTHING.
  • Xtapolapopotamus - May 7, 2013 10:07 p.m.

That Tomb Raider slide is kinda mean, but I agree with it nonetheless. Ugh, and Yumi... I regret joining Drama Club in P4G for her alone. Stupid drama queen! ...wait.
  • Wavy Ranchero - May 7, 2013 10:02 p.m.

I hated Ben from "The Walking Dead" so very much. *Spoilers ahead* Dropping him off the bell tower was the easiest decision ever.
  • Shinn - May 7, 2013 10 p.m.

I'm about 2 hours into Tomb Raider, so thanks for that informative screenshot.
  • WrathLord03 - May 7, 2013 5:22 p.m.

I just hated God of War: Ascension full stop. It added nothing to the overall story, nothing much new in terms of gameplay, and it didn't even make me want to revisit the past games. You'd think that when the devs came up with the list of mythical personalities to put in there, they'd realise they were really scraping the barrel, but they released it anyway. There really are two things I want from Santa Monica Studios right now: If they really want to milk the original franchise, remake the original God of War with actual, current gen graphics. And then the second one. I'd buy it. It'd look amazing. But only as long as they don't change a thing. Nope, not even the outdated puzzle/platforming segments. Maybe the gameplay elements, that's it. Release the multiplayer as a standalone thing and focus on adding more maps/weapons as free DLC, à la Mass Effect 3. I'd even pay for the multiplayer, but there was no way I was keeping my copy of GoWA because I was also paying for a boring story. It seemed pretty dead in the few days I played it, but it was still playable, and I think they should support it. Not everyone likes it, but it was and still is a reasonably untapped market, and the different allegiances have enough variety to warrant long-term play. And speaking of multiplayer, everyone's saying that Spec Ops: The Line's story was impacted negatively by the presence of multiplayer. Well, there's no one on it now, so it didn't affect my playthrough. There's no such thing as bad luck when I play XCOM, the Siren battles really were the only challenging thing in BioShock: Infinite and so they were a welcome addition, because suddenly I needed a tactic, and DmC really did get less sales than it deserved. Other than that, Ben's a real horrible person. There's my Week of Hate done.
  • darkrider105 - May 7, 2013 5:19 p.m.

Cortana does not have distracting teeth!
  • Bloodstorm - May 7, 2013 5:45 p.m.

No, just a distracting loss of what made her a good character.
  • alex-roy-bristol - May 7, 2013 5:54 p.m.

My brother just kept making jokes about them the ENTIRE playthrough! I was all like "No no, Cortana's pretty!" and he would keep saying "Naahh naahh! Dem teeth Bro! Dem teeth!!"
  • darkrider105 - May 7, 2013 6:17 p.m.

I find that her teeth (I can't believe i'm typing this) make her extremely pretty. More so than before. I'm also not sure if she was ever a good character but that up to debate :)
  • alex-roy-bristol - May 8, 2013 6:35 a.m.

I agree, they make her less perfect and more "real" feeling. (Man, who just had a totally legitimate, totally non-ironic conversation about a female-looking AI's (who' a video-game character) teeth and how they maker her extremely pretty and more attractive...)
  • Rowdie - May 7, 2013 5:05 p.m.

That I've lost it, again... Herzogs Zwei.
  • shawksta - May 7, 2013 5:05 p.m.

Great article. I personally never had a problem with the Fetch quests in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, but the Wiggler segments in Sticker Star was an annoying piece of shit, they always add that annoying Backtracking in every Paper Mario and this is no different but the Jazzy music throughout World 3 and that Spaghetti Western Boss made up for it. But it was still annoying as hell. Dissapointed with Cole as well, especially with his upbeat and "GO FUCK YOURSELF" personality he was known for in the other games. They couldve atleast shown a reason he's like that.Same goes with Kratos, sure, they removed his anger but replacing it with nothing at all was even more annoying. COME ON HENRY, I didnt play the game and it was too predictable you would complain about the Parrying. #WeekofHate
  • taokaka - May 7, 2013 4:42 p.m.

what about the most obvious one, half life 2 (half life 2). Seriously all the half life 2 in half life 2 made the game such an exemplary example of how to literally bore your viewers to death. That game would have been much more enjoyable if they hadn't made it in the first place. Also what idiocy led you to write kratos' near silence for god of war ass, the biggest problem with that game was Kratos' lack of a penis hence no sex mini game.