Topics

Week of Hate

• machupikachu - April 29, 2011 11 a.m.

Is the starcraft player on page 2 a young Tyler Wilde?
  • CitizenWolfie - April 29, 2011 11 a.m.

I will happily admit that I'm not as good as I'd like to be online, I'm usually in the last 3 on my team in Black Ops/MW2 with a sort of 1/1 K/D ratio (didn't get many kills, but kept myself alive enough). Sometimes though I just get a horrendous round of bad luck and seem to spawn in front of the enemy or right near a hot zone and will just get annihilated. Cases like that it's hard not to go "Oh FFS this game sucks."
  • Voltaire - April 29, 2011 10:51 a.m.

This describes my brother perfectly
  • booogly - April 29, 2011 10:42 a.m.

OH DEAR GOD! My friend and I used to be really good at Mario Smash football, so much so we were always the striker of the day back when there were lots of people playing it. It's been well over a year since either of us played until yesterday, when I thrashed him, and the instant reply was 'No way could you beat me, the game isn't doing what I tell it to. How come you get all the luck? This is baloney.'
  • ChickenFillet5140 - April 29, 2011 9:29 a.m.

I absolutely could not agree more with your point about bringing the whole team down. I'm not amazing in online shooters but on BFBC2, I am pretty good... or am I? Anyway, I always see some dumfuck charging headfirst into a room full of enemies only to get creamed, respawn and do it again. WHY?!
  • litaljohn - April 29, 2011 9:19 a.m.

i have to say i think people would hate me and my brood more so than the kids who can't admit they suck. I fully accept and embrace the fact in many games, as a result i use that as my scapegoat for going out of my way to just completely screw around. capture the flag? more like let me run in a circle for as long as possible never actually leaving the enemy base once i get it. most of those shooter games? perfect time to run through an open area refusing to try anything but melee punches. that idiot that follows you to your sniping spot in call of duty, the one making all the noise shooting random pieces of the environment, giving your position away?.... that would be me again
  • quincytheodore - April 29, 2011 8:45 a.m.

Wow, this is really "hate". I mean the other hate articles are sarcastic, but this one has animosity oozing out of it. I used to bad, when in Counter Strike, most of the guys play without flashbang, smoke or sniper. Just because they are annoying and because a lot of people compromise, it kinda stuck on me. I had this type of thinking when I was a kid. That "You better not use sniper" thing kinda hit home. But ironically, as I grow older and have less time to play, I got better. I play more type of games, not being a fanboy anymore, more open-minded. I think your type of thinking actually makes you better at games. Aside for racing or sport, I am fairly decent. At least hard diff on single, and not getting rape on multi, and have occasional winning streak. Because I never dwell much on one game, I've never been super awesome at one particular game. But there is actually people who hold grudge over game, like in Dota. When my classmates first played, I was one of the better. If I won, I never trash talk, ever. In fact, they were the ones who were loud, "You only won coz you hit me from side/back/other direction other than front, I wasn't ready, you got help, I didn't see you, you camp, you use imbalance/broken char/weapon/item, your teammate is better, my teammate is dumb, if only I had I woulda won... etc." I stopped playing because college, and some other stuffs. A few months later, we played again. Little did I know, a couple of my friends had been training, like ditching class and living in inet cafe just to join a clan or something. I kinda suck then. When they won, a stream of "Yeah, boyy!!!1" or "I owwnneedd u mothafucka".. I was like, "O.o.... seriously guys...?" Well at least they didn't suck anymore, but still annoying and offensive. There are also a few who played SF or some other fightings, when we traded ultra /special move and I won, I got the "You cheat!! The game hates me" remarks. Wow, it's long. Sorry for the rant.
  • SpikroddNG - April 29, 2011 7:28 a.m.

This really rings true to me now that I got into MW2 recently. I ran into all those things in one hour, and half of them in ONE GAME. Plus I'm not a good player in the least bit. Getting better, yes, but not great yet. That mindset also goes into my music.
  • Zeb364 - April 29, 2011 7:22 a.m.

Fantastic article. Dead on the money on every account. One friend of mine in particular is incredibly guilty of doing pretty much all of these to the point that he stopped gaming (with the rare exception of specific single player only experiences) because he couldn't take losing. Also, I love the pictures. They depict the types of douchebags who typically guilt of this.
  • MikeT - April 29, 2011 6:58 a.m.

Ahhhh that was just the dose of hate I needed. So true guys, painfully true...
  • DryvBy - April 29, 2011 6:30 a.m.

I think the trash talking in games is what makes multiplayer fun. My brother and me are big trash talkers, ESPECIALLY if we're losing. We have a two-man clan called "TWB", or "The Wet Bandits". We like to say "Wii win. TWB forever!" after rounds of anything we play and lose at. I think there's an overkill to it though, and you have to realize what type of gamer you're playing with. There's some that like to join in the "fake angry" trash talking in a game, and some that just want to play the game.
  • linksawakening - April 29, 2011 5:23 a.m.

I'm close to being terribad in gears multiplayer. But then I'm always carrying the team in halo so I guess I can see both sides. As a kid playing goldeneye I always used to scream cheap and when local was a bigger thing "SCREENCHEATING!!!!" But now I can realize when someones better than me and I usually try to examine what they do so I can improve on my weaknesses. I think most terribads try to focus on weird strategies and things like blocking an energy sword lunge with a melee instead of like idk not running towards the guy who just killed you twice with the energy sword. They need to figure out the main mechanics like headshots and weapon locations and awareness first.
  • Yeager1122 - April 29, 2011 5:14 a.m.

Mw playing good or bad doesnt depend on the game im usally in the middle for most games but its more just the matches sometimes ill have a really good match where ill do amazing and sometimes ill have a match where i do absolutley terrible but i always know when i am sucking.
  • Teh_Ty - April 29, 2011 5:03 a.m.

As an avid Fighting game player, scrubs are all over the place, and they ALWAYS complain about any character that has an unblockable setup, or or just power characters or whatever. then Sentinel was nerfed way too much. Way to go.
  • mackshizzle - April 29, 2011 4:53 a.m.

I hate rage quits.
  • SparkleDevon - April 29, 2011 4:26 a.m.

Honestly, I dislike the Metroid games for the Gamecube because I have a fair bit of difficulty remembering all of the controls, and controlling it, but even I can tell that they're both rather incredible games, you just have to spend the time to get better at it. Also, it would help if I didn't keep getting "Disk Read Errors" On all the Metroid Games I've tried in my Wii, so I could have actually gotten to get a decent amount of gameplay in. D:
  • Jacko415 - April 29, 2011 4:05 a.m.

Gears of War 2 was incredible tailored to complaints by bad players, so the multiplayer wasnt nearly as fun and balanced as the original IMO.
  • darksongbird - April 29, 2011 3:41 a.m.

@ ichigoame: Funny shit!
  • TheVeteran13 - April 29, 2011 3:31 a.m.

He speaks the truth! Gears of war shotgun = balanced, stop complaining
  • P0LARCLAW - April 29, 2011 3:07 a.m.

This is one of the best articles I've ever seen. I hate those people sooooo much.