Topics

Jagex RuneScape

• EnragedTortoise1 - May 29, 2010 3:55 a.m.

Runescape never caught on for me... tried it, didn't like it.
  • WickedSid - May 29, 2010 3:38 a.m.

A lot of MMO's are quite the same. Grind, grind, sell, grind? I'm not a skater, so why so much grinding?... Puns, What can I say they're my signature. If you were to choose an MMO, I would recommend Allods online, although I have not played it myself, I've heard some pretty good things about it and its free. But, if you are lucky enough to get an APB beta key, I'd say this is more for the alternative player/3rd-person Shooter Fan and is definitely worth checking out, am I right?
  • CH3BURASHKA - May 29, 2010 2:46 a.m.

I now hate Runescape with a burning white hot passion (mostly because it's an MMO), but this interview is strangely nostalgic. Thanks for this opportunity for closure, GR. reCaptcha: but bretz (Bretz, for fuck's sake!)
  • Necromaster6 - May 29, 2010 2:35 a.m.

I second that Falconbuster, I think it'd be more efficient for them to simply monitor chat and then wave the banhammer around. As for wrathlord, people play WoW because it is much more in-depth than the mushroom slaying paradise that is Maplestory, or the hours of stealing coal ores from people in the Dwarven mine in Runescape. Another thing is, WoW really isn't that expensive. 15 dollars for 30 days adds up to 50 cents a day. Chump change, considering most people spend more on their phone bill. But anyways, WoW has a storyline that stretches 15 years full of RTS games, RPGs, books and hell, even a few Board games.
  • FalconMbuster - May 29, 2010 2:30 a.m.

Runescape is a pretty good game, but one thing ruined it for me. The clusterfuck they did to their economy. MMO's need a free market. You can't add an auction house, then add price controls! They even made trades almost impossible. And all to stop gold farmers? Uck.
  • WrathLord03 - May 29, 2010 12:41 a.m.

I gotta say I keep playing because of the quests. I gave up my membership when I got a Quest cape and realised I wasn't gonna pay $8 for a day of questing and 29 days of killing dust devils. At the moment, I'm an on and off player who plays dungeoneering for the people I get to meet and just to be part of a team, often going for a 5 player, huge sized dungeon and get lost in the game for hours. Why people choose WoW, I have no idea, but if a person is willing to admit the positives of RuneScape, JaGex would have a much bigger market.
  • speno93 - May 29, 2010 12:33 a.m.

i never played it but some of my friends have clocked over 60 Days worth of runescape. That's almost 2 months straight of runescape.
  • WillisTron - May 29, 2010 12:31 a.m.

I admit I was addicted like 2 years ago. That time has passed