• Lovelost - June 3, 2010 3:31 p.m.

I dont use my WII and HD wouldn't make me start using it so I personally dont care.
  • xXzamarXx - June 3, 2010 3:28 p.m.

wouldn't matter to me, the big N lost me with their dismal gamecube, RE4 the ONLY good game on the entire console.
  • TheVoid - June 3, 2010 3:13 p.m.

@cindylei96 We would appreciate it greatly if you took your bullshit marketing and rode it straight out of town. You clearly didn't do your research properly - this site doesn't take kindly to posts that hawk their own wares and have nothing to do with the topic at hand.
  • OnyxOblivion - June 3, 2010 2:45 p.m.

At the same time...I think they should make sure that HD games are readable on SDTV. One of my friends is still using an SDTV, and can't read the text on most newer 360 games.
  • AuthorityFigure - June 3, 2010 1:57 p.m.

If you're comparing Nintendo to Da Vinci, do you wanna' go down in history as they guy bugging the artist to do what YOU want him to do?
  • Grif - June 3, 2010 1:37 p.m.

As the owner of 72" 1080p tv, I would love to see an HD Nintendo system. I can't put me Wii on that tv because it looks so awful.
  • markshell - June 3, 2010 12:52 p.m.

Since I have a 20 inch tv in my bedroom, I could care less for an HD Wii. The lack for HD support is probably why the Wii was so unexpensive when it launched, and now it's probably time to move on to a new console altogether. I think Nintendo is going to announce a new home console soon, maybe by the end of the year or in 2011.
  • HaVoK308 - June 3, 2010 12:30 p.m.

won = own...lol. I wish I won them!
  • HaVoK308 - June 3, 2010 12:29 p.m.

I won a 360, PS3, and Wii. I could really care less if Nintendo puts out a HD model. I really do not see what the fuss is all about. I suppose if you only own a Wii it would be a valid point. Like the rest of my consoles my Wii is hooked up to my Samsung 40" HDLCDTV. Personally I think Galaxy 1&2, New Super Mario Bros, and other titles I own look terrific as is. I do not play Wii games for the graphics. Actually I do not play any game for the visuals alone. I suppose if I want high end visuals I would purchase the games for my high end PC. What is wrong with SMG2's visuals? Nothing...I say.
  • RawkyRoo - June 3, 2010 12:09 p.m.

I'm not bothered by a lack of HD, sure it would be nice but my component cable bumps up the visuals enough for my liking. I'd rather Nintendo focused on a better online service, something similar to XBOX LIVE, now that would be mega awesome!
  • Imgema - June 3, 2010 11:46 a.m.

Bah, Nintendo doesn't need this, when Sony and Microsoft release Move and Natal, Nintendo will probably announce something completely new and revolutionary again (like they always do) and the whole motion control trend will start to fade away. And of course after Nintendo releases this new tech, Sony and Microsoft will probably rush to copy them. Same old story, again and again...
  • bluscorp - June 3, 2010 11:23 a.m.

I'm lucky enough to have all 3 consoles, but i wouldn't get a Wii HD, there would be no point. And if it wasn't for the fact that i got my Wii for Christmas, I'd be selling it when the moves released. But in saying that, i would buy a N64 HD. I mean really, who doesn't want another N64, if i had one now I'd play it, actually i might get one off eBay. Or even a HDNES. People who's bought a Wii wouldn't get another, there would be no point. So in my opinion, they should scrap the Wii and start making the new N64.
  • BigTuna - June 3, 2010 11:07 a.m.

I've given up on Nintendo, I was one of the people who waited outside my local Target for hours on launch day. I now regret that decision, I barely play my Wii anymore, save for games like SSBB and Super Mario Galaxy. A HD console would not redeem Nintendo in my mind, I already have a 360 with beautiful graphics and no convoluted 'friend codes' for my gaming needs.
  • Gene - June 3, 2010 11:07 a.m.

I think one of the main reasons why the Wii's games haven't reached their potential is because the hardware simply can't cope with the kind of motion sensing necessary to make a genuinely convincing game. The two best games on the Wii - the two Mario Galaxys - both use the remote as a side tool, unnecessary for the bigger picture. Were the Wii better equipped to process motion control, perhaps more could be done. Then again, power isn't everything. The two greatest games of all time - Zelda: Majora's Mask and ICO - are both a decade old. HD would be nice, but I'm still firmly in the "make the writing better, then everything else" camp.
  • Felixthecat - June 3, 2010 11:05 a.m.

Thank Gawd I have my Wii in my bedroom, and that my TV in my bedroom isn't HD.