• hardcore_gamer1990 - April 21, 2010 11:37 p.m.

Invasion sounds a lot like one of HAZE's online modes...
  • slimjim441 - April 21, 2010 10:58 p.m.

I wonder if it will suck like 2, 3, and ODST. It does also look alot like it's trying to be cool like Half-Life and Battlefront, which it can never be as great as Half-Life, but this one actually looks pretty creative and could even be entertaining. I've always wanted to see what a good Halo multiplayer would look like. I'm sure as hell not holding my breath though. Being short on money, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is by far more important in my eyes. It will probably beat Other M though, which looks to be the first disappointing Metroid game ever.
  • D0CCON - April 21, 2010 10:22 p.m.

I'm still a bit concerned about jetpacks and invisibility. They can be cool to use, but when everybody is using them against you, it can easily get very annoying (invisible [spawn] campers, anyone?) Besides that, I like a lot of the things that were said here. I love strategic first person shooters and the new game modes sound awesome, so hopefully the potentially good will overcome the potentially bad.
  • Shrimpandwhitewine - April 21, 2010 9:58 p.m.

Oh shittttt, I hope the class-mods (jetpack/sprinting/tank/etc...) stay balanced, and this is my only concern; that some of the classes are ignored or take back-seat to only jetpacking and invisibility. While Halo has been the same formula, it did work. But, that being said, it is time for some change, but not a complete overhaul I trust! I think Bungie would be the only company I trust to do so much new improvement on a franchise like Halo, and still be true to its' 'Halo-feel' roots. Also, this looks like its' going to have some Tribes-style strategy to it- and bring back the teamwork that has seemed to cease in online Halo multiplayer. Hopefully it will inspire working and cooperating as a team more often (even if they are randomly assigned). Fantastic article Charlie, and I cannot wait for this game (or the footage that is coming out soon from GR).
  • lovinmyps3 - April 21, 2010 9:46 p.m.

I hope Firefight makes it's return. That was the third best thing about ODST, second to the atmosphere (when you're the Rookie) and the music.
  • InstantTitKill - April 21, 2010 9:01 p.m.

Looks awesome. Graphic vise, it looks more like a current generation game than Halo 3 did. It's a greater leap from halo 3 to this than from halo 2 to 3.
  • Skykid - April 21, 2010 8:41 p.m.

@ColonelKc Because you had no idea of the epicness to come. And also, you're a complete and total nimrod.
  • ColonelKc - April 21, 2010 8:30 p.m.

Why did I sell odst...
  • Felixthecat - April 21, 2010 7:55 p.m.

Awwww yeah, look's awesome. I am excite. captcha: Castro cruiser. Lol.
  • raygillies - April 21, 2010 7:17 p.m.

wow, might have to get an xbox. for this and gears 3.
  • GoldenMe - April 21, 2010 7:09 p.m.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 uuuuuuuuuuuuuu Charlie!
  • RebornKusabi - April 21, 2010 6:59 p.m.

I really loved Halo 2 and I was one of those people that hated Halo 3. It's not one of the usual dumbass reasons, I just literally played the **** out of Halo 2 and Halo 3 really didn't change as much as I wanted it to... thank God for this game! I was excited when I saw the trailer, and now I'm extremely pumped to jump back into the Halo series with this one for sure.
  • KrubKrum - April 21, 2010 6:16 p.m.

I can't wait! It sounds amazing! I already knew almost everything in this aticle but I love reading it from different takes. I cant wait!
  • GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - April 21, 2010 5:06 p.m.

@thegeddi1351 @Bloodstorm Ack, I knew that! Can't believe I wrote an entire entry without realizing such an elementary mistake. Thanks for the catch - it's been corrected. But yes, the multiplayer definitely feels more violent than before.
  • FreekinIdiot - April 21, 2010 4:18 p.m.

You had me at - 'you can fly'.
  • FilthyKillz - April 21, 2010 3:40 p.m.

I'm giddy with excitement!
  • Bloodstorm - April 21, 2010 3:16 p.m.

Halo is rated Mature. Always has been. I'm surprised they have added so many new gadgets as it is being Halo Reach is a prequel. I can't wait for May 3rd.
  • Tygerclaws - April 21, 2010 2:59 p.m.

Anyone else reminded of Battlefront? 'Cause I am.
  • speedfreekk - April 21, 2010 2:54 p.m.

I really can't wait to get my hands on this. Also, those who are questioning the number of options etc that we can have, remember that there is lots of unannounced information that will not be in the beta, and will be available in the full game.
  • TheHalfanese - April 21, 2010 2:25 p.m.

@TheCleip Elites also have use of the Jetpack and Invisibility AA, but whatever else they have (if anything) is unannounced.