• D0CCON - May 4, 2011 10 p.m.

I'm all for 4 and 6, you can keep the rest.
  • 2cute2Bcruel - May 4, 2011 9:59 p.m.

IV and III are just kinda meh for me.
  • 2cute2Bcruel - May 4, 2011 9:56 p.m.

I hope you do a Silent Hill version of this. But what would you say in favor of Silent Hill: Homecoming? MY personal take: VI was my first ever FF, so I wasn't terribly kind to VII and VIII. But when I went back and played them? They're actually kinda fun. VII's translation sucks chocobits, though. I think that XIII is kinda bullied. Yet, I can't really say anything in favor of its linearity. It's so rigid.
  • Kilburn474 - May 4, 2011 9:55 p.m.

4 is my all time favorite, followed closely by 8. 13 I LIKED for what it was, but with my PS3 dying on me and being 25+ hours into the game without completing it, I dont think i'll be going back to finish it. As for what 13 changed, I for one welcomed the linearity. IT may have been a bit too much, but I was happy that i didn't have to hang on to what every NPC said to find my next objective, a problem which is only amplified if you put the game down for a while and come back with NO FUCKING CLUE on what to do.
  • juicenpancakes - May 4, 2011 9:55 p.m.

Fantastic. This was one hell of an article. Slow clap for Miss Kemps.
  • ThatsWhatSheSaid - May 4, 2011 9:55 p.m.

IMO... I think 4 & 8 are good, 7 & 10 are Great, 6, 12 & 13 are Excellent and 9 is The Best. Online doesn't count.
  • wolfep15 - May 4, 2011 9:55 p.m.

that was an awesome MST3K reference at the beginning
  • polarp - May 4, 2011 9:51 p.m.

My favorite is VIII, for many of its merits. I especially love how the story is presented in a subtle and intimate way. Sure it's flawed at times(GF making them amnesic makes no sense at all), but the overall formula has the right balance.
  • boonattack - May 4, 2011 9:51 p.m.

oh and X-2. what a load of **** that was. who thought the music in that game was the way to go deserves shooting. awful doesnt even start to describe it.
  • Asmodean - May 4, 2011 9:49 p.m.

While I understand why people don't like FF VIII. I still love it too death, for me it was the first FF title I purchased o on my own, add to that some of the best music in the series, plus I guess I was an angsty teen back then so I could relate to the characters. I love FF XII for the same reason as Heidi good call on that. Then we come to FF XIV, I guess I'm one of the few that play it; it's not the worst FF game ever like you article states every ff is the best and worst. I'm disappointed in the hyperbole of your statement, clearly you haven't played it much if at all, I would be happy to write a rebuttal but you should have taken the time (which would been a lot) to give a real observation of the game. Since you seemed to give the other 13 games a fair shake, maybe to prove your premise you should have done the same with FF XIV, very disappointed.
  • boonattack - May 4, 2011 9:47 p.m.

7 was my first FF game, and i considered it my fav game of all time until mass effect came along. However, i liked them all. Apart from 11 12 and 14. f*** mmo's and their boring **** gameplay. =D
  • Yaro - May 4, 2011 9:41 p.m.

FF VIII is my all time favorite, probably because that was the first FF I played...and I really enjoyed XIII too....weird huh...
  • Redeater - May 4, 2011 9:41 p.m.

THIS IS COMPLETELY ABSURD. Everyone knows Mike is the way to go. He was with them writing since the shows creation! Though I do have a soft spot for Joel. Wait....what was this article about?
  • oddprophet - May 4, 2011 9:31 p.m.

...But...I liked 14...
  • DrFred79 - May 4, 2011 9:28 p.m.

QUOTE : Final Fantasy V is my favorite FF game That's what I call a good point :)
  • SheperdherenoShepard - May 4, 2011 9:11 p.m.

I am not so sure of Final III being that hard, it was my first one and I managed to finish it actually with a Bard, Knight, Dragoon and a Changing Refia, except in the final part when I needed a lot of Magic and at least 20 replays, Saying that Final IV it's taking a little more of me thought to be fair is not that hard either. Also this is my first comment around, and I need to say you guys rule making interesting and fun articles.
  • Decabo - May 4, 2011 9:09 p.m.

Final Fantasy XIII was terrible. I don't find walking in a straight line and hitting auto-attack fun, especially when the characters were all annoying. I quit after about 11 hours. Maybe it gets better, but at that point, I don't care. I have FUN games to play.
  • tomasfr89 - May 4, 2011 9:09 p.m.

I agree with MattCrinos, FFIX is my favorite, mostly for it's fairy-tale book style, it's beatiful music and memorable characters. As for the others, FFVI was really good but I didn't reach far, I'm kinda sick and tired of FFVII, and FFX and FFXII can burn in hell. While being molested by Bombs.
  • Kage_No_Shi - May 4, 2011 9:03 p.m.

I'm guilty of being part of the group that completely forgets Kimahri exists >_> When I first played the game I tried to use him a bit. Not really an effective character, if I remember correctly. Later on I picked up the game again and except when he appeared for cutscenes, I forgot he existed >_> I'm part of the "Love It" crowd as far as VIII is concerned. I liked it a lot more than VII, and it certainly aged a heck of a lot better than VII, that's for sure. VII and X have aged really well IMO. ReCaptcha: magespol the first Produced a long line of heirs or something?
  • hellodesdemona - May 4, 2011 8:59 p.m.

IX and XII are my personal favorites. Despite this article saying it is a negative, games that can weave in an interesting political debate is fantastically fun and enlightening. A lot of people think the XII plot is too much like Star Wars; however, I think XII gives the Star Wars plot line the middle finger, in terms of its resolution. (Spoilers) Ashe at the end decides that taking revenge and destroying Arcadia is NOT the answer, unlike Luke Skywalker who blew up the death star and probably killed millions of innocents. Speaking of politics in games, I LOVED LOVED LOVED giving the finger (symbolically) to the council in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. More games like that, please.