• Stabby_Joe - May 8, 2009 8:32 p.m.

The multiplayer isn't a good idea either due to the sort of game BioShock is/was. Most likely more jumping around like most death matches but this time using plasmids. BTW I like how the anti-spam code has the word "rehash" in it lol!
  • Ravenbom - May 8, 2009 7:49 p.m.

Yeah, it's just about everything I hate about sequels. The one thing you didn't mention that really infuriates me is the multiplayer addition. Bioshock, more than a lot of series, was a really complete single player experience, and doesn't benefit from multiplayer. I mean, I felt that Gears 1 and 2 were very complete experiences and the multiplayer felt as tacked on and pointless as I thought it would be. I bought Gears 1 and 2 because it was a very complete single/coop experience and it felt like a $60 experience. Just like Shadow of the Colossus didn't need a multiplayer deathmatch of horseback archery to make it a more complete package. It already was a complete, fulfilling experience that didn't need to have a diluted multiplayer tacked on. The other point is: there is ONE better sequel to Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, which is more than just mechanical repetition of Secret of Mana.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - May 8, 2009 7 p.m.

the fact that there is multiplayer in there also dissapoints greatly :-(
  • CountZero - May 8, 2009 6:54 p.m.

Well i'm curious to see what's become of Rapture in the aftermath of the events of the first game. And interested to see how they'll change up the gameplay and mechanics. If all you want is the exact experience of the first game, just go play it again. No one can take it away from you.
  • Grenade - May 8, 2009 6:47 p.m.

Clownsarescary and TheHonorableReverendHobo = You two make some solid points, and are absolutely right.
  • Clownsarescary - May 8, 2009 6:05 p.m.

David Houghton, sir, I absolutely agree with you. It's downright naive to think Bio 2 isn't just one big cash-in on the Bioshock name. The ideas the developers have put forward reek of a 'formed by comittee' process, while anyone hoping to revisit the same sense of awe they first had stepping into rapture will be sorely dissapointed. This looks uninspired, stale, and most criminally, dull. Move on, people.
  • jamboy199three - May 8, 2009 5:33 p.m.

whoot minority
  • crabbo - May 8, 2009 4:55 p.m.

It truly is sad, that we live in a world where, money is our highest priority. We throw away our integrity, and uniqueness in the pursuit. Bioshock 2 has some interesting concepts, but overall it seems like nothing more than a "cash in" on the franchise kind of deal. I'm intrigued by some of the concepts, but I'm absolutely loathing the results. Great article... I couldn't agree with you more!
  • firefox706 - May 8, 2009 4:28 p.m.

The first one was and still is amazing but whose to say the second one won't be just as amazing despite the first being complete
  • quicksilver_502 - May 8, 2009 4:17 p.m.

i think i'll wait till i play the game before ranting about how bad the game will be.
  • Schuultz - May 8, 2009 4:05 p.m.

You're bringing up some great points. There is little to no chance of Bioshock 2 reaching the same heights and creating the same emotions as the first one, but I've gotten used to this experience through so many franchises. You have to think of Bioshock 2 as what it really is: A sequel to the gameplay and story of Bioshock, not its spirit... As you said, the spiritual successor will arrive some time - just not with this game...
  • Bossco - May 8, 2009 2:16 p.m.

I agree with everything in this article, I desperatley want Bioshock 2 to be as good and as inventive as the original but I know it wont be. I will still buy it though as it will probably be a decent shooter.
  • Collymilad - May 8, 2009 2:11 p.m.

I dont get it. Why does it matter if they make a sequel? You can just ignore it if you choose to, and even if you can't it's not like it changes the first game at all. It's still exactly the same and as brilliant as it ever was.
  • helix92 - May 8, 2009 1:36 p.m.

The 1st one was amazing and this one may not be as good but wait for it to come out. It could be equally as good if not better than the original.
  • iKOemos - May 8, 2009 11:37 a.m.

I know this can't be as the good as the original. Bioshock was an absolute Masterpiece. But I know this game will be very good and I look forward to playing it.
  • rxb - May 8, 2009 11:34 a.m.

I think this is one of those situations where you just have to ignore the rematch/sequel to preserve the love for the original. Just like Terminator 3 or superman returns. I can see you think they are doing it wrong but after the money Bioshock made can you really expect them not to make another?
  • AfricanWoolf - May 8, 2009 11:32 a.m.

From my thoughts to your pen.