• taokaka - February 10, 2012 10:15 p.m.

My personal winner would be sony just beating nintendo by a smidgeon, I just hope that the vita doesn't become a paperweight like my 3ds with games like uncharted and gravity rush I'm optimistic but hopefully the 3ds can get used again with much better games on the horizon than there were last year.
  • shawksta - February 11, 2012 8:06 a.m.

Thats the strength there, the 3DS started horribly but it got back up on its feet, and its got a jet plane rush through this year. Vita already prevented the mistake 3DS did at launch but certain standards might cause it its own problems, we just need hope it goes well. Sony and Nintendo are of my concern as they are my perfered companies, Microsoft, i can care less other than their console, the only reason i even care is because i own one, but next gen ill more likely shift
  • Hobogonigal - February 11, 2012 11:15 p.m.

Of course you would say that you Sony fanboy! I have to confess that this year Sony will smash Microsoft with its great exclusives but Nintendo just has too much in its favour with even more exclusives and a new console launch.
  • taokaka - February 12, 2012 4:02 a.m.

Of course you would say that you nintendo fanboy! I have to confess that this year nintendo will smash microsoft with its great exclusives but sony has too much in its favour with even more exclusives and a new console launch.
  • Hobogonigal - February 13, 2012 12:32 a.m.

Touche, my friend but we will find out in 10 months time.
  • Krazee - February 12, 2012 7:07 p.m.

Haha, exclusives? You mean Nintendo games?
  • Hobogonigal - February 13, 2012 12:14 a.m.

If you can't find them on other platforms, that would mean they are exclusives.... not too hard to grasp.
  • hester2 - February 10, 2012 10:07 p.m.

I don't think any console or console-maker will win this year (PC's, which I am partial to, included). We're at the point in this generation where exclusives are few and far between. We'll see a lot of great, and I mean GREAT, multi-platform games, but I don't see a clear winner. Wii U is still questionable (unless it impresses the hell out of me at E3, I'm calling it as another Dreamcast that has four great games before getting overshadowed). I can't weigh in on the handheld side because I honestly don't care about those, but if you do, more power to you. In other words, the winner of this year will most likely be the same as last year: us. Until the next gen, the console wars don't matter. Whatever one console is missing, it makes up for with what it has. This is most likely the last year of great games for everyone before the wars start up again.
  • augdog - February 10, 2012 9:56 p.m.

ummmmmm... excuse me.... but "Nintendo" is not a console....
  • GoodOleTones - February 10, 2012 9:46 p.m.

I cant wait to get a Wii U this year!
  • codystovall - February 10, 2012 9:46 p.m.

Also is talkradar coming up in the next hour?
  • garnsr - February 10, 2012 9:40 p.m.

Every year I read that Nintendo is getting back to being the Nintendo of my youth, but I still haven't gotten any reasons to care. I'm getting tired of so much love and hope being heaped on a company that doesn't seem to be anything but nostalgia to me.
  • adrianc1982 - February 10, 2012 11:12 p.m.

dude, nintendo is doing fine in another circle. My soon to be wife, cant stop playing the same old wii games, and I cant make her play anything other than mario, kirby or donkey kong. I have to admit, sometimes it even looks like fun...
  • codystovall - February 10, 2012 9:32 p.m.

Hope the Wii U falls flat on its face like 3ds before making its millions of dollars. Sorry Im still just bitter about the Wii. Hopefully there wont be 10 more years of good games made bad and a little less...yknow...complete crap. Who knows the Wii U may surprise/impress me but Im definitely not buying it at release.
  • tiben36 - February 10, 2012 9:28 p.m.

PC: diablo 3 is multi now winner, wii u, really? you are disapointing me GR
  • D0CCON - February 10, 2012 9:32 p.m.

It's not a win for Wii U, it's a win for Nintendo. First, we aren't certain what the Wii U is capable of anyways. Second (and the reason I agree with them), is that for every game I'm excited for that comes to consoles/PC this year, there are 2 I am equally excited for on 3DS.
  • jmcgrotty - February 11, 2012 1:35 a.m.

*pats D0CCON on the head* Aww, how nice. Truly wonderful, the mind of a child.