Topics

Halloweek

• codystovall - October 27, 2011 6:05 p.m.

A moment in harry potter 2. Then nothin for a long time then that moment in arkham asylum where croc bashes against the door.
  • spawny0908 - October 27, 2011 5:57 p.m.

(Sees whole article) I KNEW IT WASN'T JUST ME!
  • spawny0908 - October 27, 2011 5:55 p.m.

I was playing Bioshock for the first time and I was in my room lights off, door closed, my bird was covered and asleep. I was in the medical wing and I go into the dentist area and fog comes into the place. when I can see again nothing changed so I keep going. I grab a diary and a plasmid in the corner and the fog comes back. When I can see again I turn around the creepy ass dentist is RIGHT BEHIND ME. I blow him away with my shotgun before he had a chance to hit me. He scared me so much I turned the lights on, opened my door, and woke up my bird. That a**hole got me good!
  • Redeater - October 27, 2011 5:50 p.m.

That bathtub scene in Eternal Darkness scared the crap out of me. Now I'm even more scared but the fact that then went on to make Too Human and X-men.
  • ninjastrike34 - October 27, 2011 5:50 p.m.

Definetly any given moment in Amnesia.
  • Fenderstat - October 27, 2011 5:50 p.m.

Is Pokemon and Professor Layton the only games Carolyn has ever played or what? i kid i kid. anyways my scariest game moment was Goosebumps for the PC, a fmv point and click adventure from mid nineties. The scene isyour in this room and its filling with sand and you had to do this puzzle or suffocate slowly and the sand slowly filled your lungs killing you and your 11 yr old mat e in a grisly off screen death. Traumatizing for a 7 yr ol.
  • Moondoggie1157 - October 27, 2011 6:01 p.m.

...Christ, looking back Goosebumps was a f*cked up kid's series... P.s. It kept correcting "children's" is that not a word? I'm going to feel like a fool if it isn't... both contexts were wrong as well, with and without the apostrophe... strange.
  • lordgodalming - October 27, 2011 6:21 p.m.

As an English teacher I feel compelled to answer this no matter how pedantic it will make me seem. You were right all along! Children's is a word and is grammatically correct. However, "f*cked up kid's series" should have read "kids' series" because it was made for many children. The way it's written it sound like it was a series made by a f*cked up kid. :P
  • lordgodalming - October 27, 2011 6:22 p.m.

And then the end of MY post should be "...sounds like..." with an "s." Grammar in internet forums is always a losing battle, especially with no edit button.
  • Moondoggie1157 - October 27, 2011 7:03 p.m.

Gotcha, the plural changed everything haha. Thank you for the correction :)
  • Manguy17 - October 27, 2011 5:44 p.m.

Three words Amnesia.Water.Monster
  • blakebeauchamp - October 27, 2011 5:44 p.m.

Playing Amnesia through in one sitting in the dark, it was terrifying.
  • bigwill1221 - October 27, 2011 5:43 p.m.

When I was really young, some reason OoT freaked me out when it turned night as young link... with all the wolves and crap bunker in with the shield!...
  • TheDarkslyder - October 27, 2011 5:40 p.m.

The demon wall boss fight in Final Fantasy IV. When I first ran into this thing, the frantic music and scary design of the enemy had me fumbling around, wasting precious seconds as the ATB system ticked away. I died and didn't try again for a while...
  • Moondoggie1157 - October 27, 2011 5:36 p.m.

So glad this article was written, I was actually thinking about this today haha. the scariest moment in gaming for me, was in the Hilltop zone in Sonic 2. There is that one cave section where lava is quickly rising, and you can either risk jumping all the up to safety, or grabbing the hidden invincible shield. Seeing as my uncle was my gaming guru, I would only play that far in the game when he was around so I could get him to beat it for me. Give me a break... A close second would be in the original Dino Crisis. I was dared to play the game with no lights, after midnight... Yea, I couldn't do it. Once the T-Rex first showed up and chewed that scientist, I said f*ck it, time to play pokemon... Don't even get me started on my Lavender town nightmares... The music... Oh, the music.
  • Fenderstat - October 27, 2011 5:53 p.m.

Yeah that lava was frightening as a kid. Im gonna be burned alive! Dying in a game was a big deal when I was young as i would visualize the aftermath. I still do but now its more entertaining then anything
  • Moondoggie1157 - October 27, 2011 5:58 p.m.

Exactly!! ahaha I'm glad I'm not alone on this one :P