Topics

Nintendo

• DryvBy - July 5, 2010 3:42 p.m.

Better graphics. In the 80s and 90s we tried this 3D crap. It fails after a few years. Yet, here we are.
  • Elemental - July 5, 2010 3:38 p.m.

I'd like to play Doom & Doom 2 in 3D. But on my xbox (because of the surround sound and custom soundtracks). The argument about better graphics ect is redundant in this case.
  • HDBawllz - July 5, 2010 3:31 p.m.

3D is fine on the 3DS since that's what it was made for. As long as 3D doesn't start polluting other consoles or handhelds, I'm fine with it. But, just like JohnnyMaverik said, I also require some narrative meat on my games, not just gimmicks.
  • Wolverine08 - July 5, 2010 3:22 p.m.

Unless they can make 3D cheaper, I'd prefer better visuals, plus I'm not convinced about 3D just yet. Because, this is what'll happen, you'll be playing 3D quite happily for a few weeks, then you'll start to get used to the 3D perspective, making it less special. Then you'll be playing, thinking, god I wish this game looked better. I'm sure all your eyes popped out when you played a game in HD, but after a long time it gets less special. Just keep the visuals progressing for now.
  • Felixthecat - July 5, 2010 3:22 p.m.

They should spend more time making graphics better, and not instead replacing them with the biggest gimmick since motion control.
  • JohnDagger - July 5, 2010 3:19 p.m.

Honestly I don't care if the game is in 3D or top of the line graphics. As long as the game has fantastic game play, or an amazing story I'll love it.
  • JohnnyMaverik - July 5, 2010 3:14 p.m.

Also 3D isn't 3D. Polygonal 3D is a way of creating spaces on a 2D surface that make our brains go "oh yea, this isn't flat cuz I can run around here and look at stuff from different angles, and there's depth and shit", gimmik 3D is the same, but with a little more depth and a lot more rendering, technically it's still a flat surface, and isn't "real 3D", just more fake 3D, which is fine but isn't the massive revolution some people want you to believe, and doesn't make everything look better, in fact if anything making something look good using the 3D tech will probably be harder. If it's used well it could be great, if it isn't it could still be great, either way I couldn't give less of a crap. Anyway, rants over, I know that wasn't relevant at all and added nothing to the discussion you wanted to have, but if it's any consolation I feel a lot better now.
  • JohnnyMaverik - July 5, 2010 3:06 p.m.

More diverse, interesting and meaningful narratives. I coulden't care less about the graphics in games, looking nice is nice but I've played and loved some shit looking games, I meen see Deus Ex, people thought it resembled arse when it released never mind today, but it's still one of the best games ever created. More of that please, less off: "story? LOL... oh shit your serious? Well... we only spent 5 minutes on it really... I mean it could be good... maybe, we're not really sure cuz we never read back over it. Look here's a really, really pretty tree, now available in 3D so you can almost touch those leaves. Look at that for a while and you'll forget all about stories, I mean seriously who plays games for stories, pretty trees, that's why you play games right?... To look at pretty foliage?... 3D... Avatar... you like? amirite? O.o". No thanks -_- Roll on Deus Ex 3, Portal 2, Mass Effect 3 and The Last Guardian.
  • Dragonflame - July 5, 2010 3:06 p.m.

I am pretty sure the increase in graphic quality is night inexistent, they build this system with 3D in mind afterall so i am pretty sure it is not like they will have twice as good textures available just because they dont use 3D. Idd say we shoudl wait until somone launches a game which does not use 3D and then we can compare.
  • JakandDax3 - July 5, 2010 3:05 p.m.

Graphics. 3D is cool for like 10 minutes, then it gets frustrating.
  • SumthingStupid - July 5, 2010 3:01 p.m.

Both all games look good as it is, plus it is about gameplay and having fun. 3D tvs cost a lot and the glasses too, i'll probably buy a 3DS
  • Tygerclaws - July 5, 2010 2:33 p.m.

I think it's a question of 3D vs. better framerate, at least to me. I could care less about graphics (every console ever says hi), but 3D is a gimmick to begin with, and if it starts effecting performance to the point of halving the framerate, then it's a leech as well. If the standard framerate is 30 per second, then what's going to happen when you suddenly have a lot happening on screen? Are our handhelds going to have slowdown issues, too?
  • SgtSlushy - July 5, 2010 2:32 p.m.

I would rather have better graphics because 3D would get old really quickly and its already taken over movies now its gonna take over games? Whats next 3D books?
  • TheElephantManchurianCandidate - July 5, 2010 2:32 p.m.

I'd say stick with 3D for 3DS games. It has a lot of potential to do some really impressive stuff. If I want to play a game with amazing graphics I'll play it on a console. Having the best graphics hasn't done the PSP any good most of the time you were just playing PS2 games on a smaller screen.
  • KingArchie55 - July 5, 2010 2:30 p.m.

3D! Because we have good graphics on consoles! If you want good graphics, go get a console! If you want 3D, get a 3DS. Besides, isn't that the point of the system? If you want 3D and good graphics, get a PS3.
  • thesuperspacejew - July 5, 2010 2:26 p.m.

As soon as they put out a real solution to the glasses issue, seeing as the head tracker, as it works now, only one person can view the 3D properly, as far as I know. Fix that, and I'd kill for a good 3D game.
  • twewy13 - July 5, 2010 2:24 p.m.

i'll have to go with 3-D, despite the fact that it's somewhat gimmicky 3-D affects the actual gameplay of a game since it gives depth and all that,graphics don't though so i'd say 3-D ftw!
  • H2A2I00 - July 5, 2010 2:24 p.m.

better graphics because the last thing i want to see is a pixelated mess popping out of my screen
  • deadbrownrabbit - July 5, 2010 2:24 p.m.

better graphics. I really dont care about 3D. it also seems like it would reduce processing capability for whatever it was running on.
  • Persona - July 5, 2010 2:23 p.m.

Personally I'd prefer prettier games without 3D. This whole hype about 3D is actually rather then well, making me curious but making me more annoyed. We're digging up a old piece of technology and giving it a little polish then selling it off again to the market. Now I'm not asking for perfection but something that won't kill your eyes. How would other people perceive your game if they aren't wearing 3D? Also for the 3DS would your eyes be even more affected if your playing in say a bright location with plenty of sunlight? Or a pitch black room akin to movies and the cinema.. But to contradict everything I just said. It be helluva awesome to see a enemy charge at you in 3D, I'd drop my controller and try swat the enemy away with my pinky.