• RonnyLive19881 - December 1, 2012 8:43 a.m.

Bump the production costs for each game to about a billion per title and I guess you can have just that GR Lmao I don't see the next generation being that huge of a leap in graphics. Prettier textures, jaw dropping lighting and particle effects will dominate with some new tricks not possible with the old clan but that is about it. Sure, characters will look better and the basguys might react to your playing style in the exact way you don't want them to learning the technique you have used against you in a genius counter attack but really... in the end. They don't have Nintendo game and that is all that matters to me. I may get a PS4 on black Friday 3 years after release like I did the PS3 but until then I will have my Wii U and hopefully all of the PS4's best games are bargain bin prices... although with the way yall make it sound those prices may be what we pay for full price games these days being $120 new Lol
  • gazzc - December 1, 2012 8:50 a.m.

I would not really have confidence in sticking to nothing but a wii u for the next 4 years, I epxect some great nintendo games will come but there would be so much more you will miss out on and I do not expect it to be a system any serious gamer will use as their main system.
  • RonnyLive19881 - December 1, 2012 9:52 a.m.

I'm a Nintendo gamer. Pretty much the only games I buy day one, all others I wait for price drops Lol
  • PoisonWar - December 1, 2012 12:03 p.m.

All I want is great chraracters and writing.
  • VashM16 - December 1, 2012 10:02 p.m.

Don't forget about the completely load-less world in Jak and Daxter TPL! That was so fun, being able to seamlessly travel from place to place.
  • ertywerty - December 1, 2012 11:20 p.m.

What can we expect from future consoles..... Explosions, Lots of Explosions
  • Rub3z - December 2, 2012 3:25 p.m.

"...but it could also transform video games into the most emotionally engaging medium of entertainment." Umm... they already are. Video games are the only medium (seriously, name me another one aside from the possible exception of books, which have been around forever) that have the power to resonate emotions in their audience (the player) on an intimate, actually PERSONAL level, owing to their interactivity. I didn't need to tell this to you or anyone who frequents this site. But I felt that I really needed to after reading a statement such as that one. Honestly, you guys have already said stuff in support of this, see: http://www.gamesradar.com/why-the-notion-that-games-need-photoreal-graphics-to-tell-better-emotional-stories-is-backward-nonsense-whatever-2K-boss-says/ A game, or even a freaking motion picture, does not need to even remotely approach "real" or "photoreal" in order elicit strong, impactful emotional resonance in its audience. And as usual, Mr. Houghton, probably my favorite writer, like, ever, is there to support me. He says it better than I do, so you should read that piece of his if you haven't already.
  • tailsJacks - December 2, 2012 11:04 p.m.

put black ops with all dlc content on that on a single disk say that its 4-5 player co-op win win
  • digiart247 - December 5, 2012 7:23 p.m.

I just hope consoles can have no up-scaling and anti-aliasing! the graphics will probably improve but if they upscale and ignore aliasing problems then it will be worthless. PC almost always has options for this even on older games, i feel this is an issue that should have been fixed on consoles this gen. Games like FF XIII and the 2nd one whether or not you like the gameplay and story you have to admit they look gorgeous so I know it is possible this gen. but huge games like say skyrim I would understand they wouldn't have addressed these on current consoles. I think games are great where they are at and next gen if they tweak little issues like this then suspending disbelief will be that much easier!