• 7-D - November 30, 2012 5:27 p.m.

I love games
  • Genericide - November 30, 2012 4:07 p.m.

At first I thought this article would be all "MOAR GRAFFICKS", but was pleasantly surprised. I'm personally more interested in the things that directly effect gameplay, like AI and such. When a AAA title these days falls short, it's rarely because it wasn't graphically powerful enough. Perhaps the art direction wasn't good, but it's important to remember that that's a separate thing from graphical power. Instead, I hope gaming technology in the future starts pursuing ways to make the current stuff we have easier and cheaper to use, like procedural content. Because it seems to me we have far more problems with games of a certain scale being expensive to make (and thus homogenized since they need to sell a lot) than games being too primitive graphically. Not to be a downer, I'm still totally excited for the new visuals modern tech will provide. I just hope that the industry remembers that focusing solely on things like pixel shaders and lighting effects can actually be a detriment if they're not careful with costs.
  • Aarononymous - November 30, 2012 2:19 p.m.

This is one list I'd especially love to be able to view. Unfortunately, Chrome is still giving me the middle finger. How has this not been fixed yet?
  • filipe-alves - November 30, 2012 2:29 p.m.

Chrome and Firefox mind you.... I can only see this articles in IE which I hate
  • Kinara - November 30, 2012 2:48 p.m.

Imma just go view this on Chrome/Firefox <3 Since I can.
  • nintendo365 - November 30, 2012 3:20 p.m.

I havent used Firefox or IE since Chromes release, and Im on GR every day. I dont know wtf is up with your browser...
  • MadMan - November 30, 2012 3:58 p.m.

Something is wrong with your chrome. I am viewing this just fine on chrome with vista os.
  • brickman409 - November 30, 2012 6:08 p.m.

It could be a problem with an addon or maybe some settings need to be changed
  • JMarsella09 - November 30, 2012 1:42 p.m.

All I want is a console that won't break within the first year.
  • garnsr - November 30, 2012 1:34 p.m.

Most of these things are the same things we've been promised, and sometimes have gotten, since at least the PS2. It'll probably be mostly the same games as we've had since then, but prettier, as it has been.
  • Gunthur - November 30, 2012 12:49 p.m.

So, basically...a bunch of the things that PC gamers have been enjoying for years. Minus the mods.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 30, 2012 1:29 p.m.

...And this is why no one likes PC gamers. As I have said before, you are the cyclists of the gaming world, no one likes you except for other cyclists. you get in the way, you have superiority issues, and you're usually overweight... Fucking cyclists.
  • ddg4005 - November 30, 2012 1:48 p.m.

And it's comments like yours that paint console gamers as petulant whiners with neither the skills to build a decent gaming PC nor the good sense to know that consoles have held back for quite some time.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 30, 2012 2:21 p.m.

Oh no, the skills are there, I just lack the motivation, time and desire. See, the difference is that console gamers don't go whining in PC based articles, whereas PC gamers make sure to go out of their way to comment on console based articles. It's a big difference bud... You can grasp this, yes? Anyway, my comment stands and your rebuttal has only reinforced it haha :P Now when it comes to consoles holding back anything, well, that's just silly. Not only are PC games usually cheaper, they are also more advanced when it comes to graphics and performance (and arguably controls)... So, how is console holding anything back from anything but itself? Lastly, and probably most importantly... The majority of gamers agree that PC elitists have become nothing but annoying trolls. What's funny is the fact that every year I consider building a rig, but then someone comes along spewing PC fanboy bullshit and then I am just pushed away again... I don't want to be a part of that demographic... Kinda like non-smokers and cyclists... Fucking cyclists. Man, sometimes I feel like an asshole, but then I look in the mirror and realize I'm pretty fucking great. It's good to be me.
  • The_King_of_Nothing - November 30, 2012 3:24 p.m.

Because you don't go on other articles to brag when yours is worse. They don't go out of their way to comment on other articles, they're already there and leave a comment before they leave. This paragraph makes no sense. Seriously. I can't figure it out. To answer how consoles hold back games...developers build smaller less graphically demanding games so consoles can handle them and PC don't break a sweat and all gamers suffer because of it. If you won't buy a PC because other PC gamers annoy you, well I just don't know what to say other than you're loss. Are you afraid you might become a douche? Well, more of a douche. Maybe you might just realize that you're wrong in this fight. You have the ability to get a PC, but don't want to be around some idiots and fanboys? Newsflash, consoles are filled with far more idiots and fanboys than gamers that even own a gaming PC. You're an idiot. This part proves it.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 30, 2012 3:39 p.m.

Wow, I didn't know things had become so personal, I guess I'm an idiot all of a sudden. Christ, it's like i'm being bitched at by a 14 year old girl. See, I'd agree with you if PC games were being held back... but they aren't. They are still years ahead of what any console can deliver... So what does any console news matter to PC gamer? When it comes to building my own gaming PC, I just don't have the energy or desire to do it. And honestly, I've played many games on a tuned PC and in the end I feel no loss whatsoever when I return to a console. I guess I'm a douche though. Your post has only cemented my position on elitist PC gamers (not all of you are like this). You are just like religious fundamentalists... You start off with a snarky, usually superior comment, then resort to name calling when someone calls you on your bullshit comments. to top it off, my personal favourite... I love the fact that your argument consists of absolutely nothing but name calling and insults...Dude, c'mon. You're better than that right? Wait, sorry, guess not... Game, set, match... Bitch. Aww yee.
  • The_King_of_Nothing - November 30, 2012 4:03 p.m.

Just following your example on namecalling. Does "fanboys", "trolls", and "elitist" ring any bells? You said them all. I said 2 insults, you spewed at least 3. Again, you're an idiot. Consoles have held back gaming, but I can see you don't know how to listen to reason. If you feel no loss on consoles, then more power to you, but sure don't seem happy. I love people sitting saying they win in their comments when all they do is find ways to avoid me pointing out their inaccuracies. Most of your rebuttal was on saying all I did was name call when I did it less than you. You even did so in this comment while acting superior as if you haven't. Have I mentioned I play more games on my PS3 and have always seen the need for consoles? I purposefully waited because I knew you see me as a PC elitist with no reason to be here. Even before I got a gaming PC i knew they benefits of a of PCs and consoles.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 30, 2012 4:20 p.m.

Well the difference there is that my insults are justified. You're an elitist, fanboy troll. See how that works? Now, if you put any reasoning behind your post, I might be able to learn from it, but unfortunately no sense was made... 0 points to King of Nothing *womp womp* AAaaaaaand again, instead of backing up your claims (heh almost sounds like clams) all you d is repeat yourself. And come on, I'm not an idiot. I'm a special snowflake, a unique creation of GOD-DUH. Please, bring something of substance to the table, if not then stick to name calling. Remember, I'm not the one who made the original claim, I just replied to it. It's your job to sound coherent... Thus far... well, yea... sorry dude. On another note, I just captured 520 Pokemon, fuck I rock. 3 shinies!
  • The_King_of_Nothing - November 30, 2012 4:33 p.m.

Well, if that comment wasn't the biggest fail of all time, please show me what is. You didn't provide anything contrary to my points and that first paragraphs was just pathetic. Again you fail to realize you did more name calling than I did so you're just insulting yourself anytime you bring it up. You need an education in what coherent means. You still play Pokemon? LOL