• supadupasumo - May 31, 2013 4:20 p.m.

Just discovered Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were remote play today, and now that all games will be remote play? Makes my vita seem like a much better investment than I thought. Still haven't bought a single game for it, with PS+ and all, but now I know I will be playing next gen games on the can, or when the wife is watching some bollocks TV? Count me in. If there was ever any doubt about buying a PS4, it's almost certainly gone now. Anyone had any experience of remote play across t'internet?
  • FAT47ITY - May 30, 2013 8:07 p.m.

Let us all remind ourselves that the phrase "will use ___" does NOT necessarily mean "___ will be an absolutely necessary requirement for ___" However, why stop at Remote Play? Mr. Yoshida thinks that "it will be great to play PS4 games on PS Vita." So, why not actually make games which can run on both the Vita and the PS4? Imagine playing Assassin's Creed 4 on your PS4, then transferring your data over to your Vita and continuing from where you left off while on the bus. If you want to wow us, Sony, don't just give us Remote Play, give us Everywhere Play!
  • cannot_online - May 30, 2013 7:39 a.m.

i thiught sony said plaging ps4 games via cross play
  • Sinsational - May 29, 2013 6:08 p.m.

Okay... I think the title of this article is extremely misleading. Remote Play isn't **required** to play PS4 games. It'll be supported for PS4 games. You can still use your controller, you can still play PS4 games if you don't have a Vita. Requiring Remote Play is like when Sony made Trophies a requirement. It does nothing to harm your gaming experience, it's looking to make it better. So for anyone that misread that and thinks you need a Vita to play games.... don't worry. You're fine without one (unless you want to buy one for the fun.. few games it has ;D).
  • ZeeCaptain - May 29, 2013 11:43 p.m.

Yea I don't know what's up with GR lately, misleading tittles to attract people, just so they can make an ass of themselves in the comments, because you know the fanboys never actually read any of this, then they get berated because they don't know what the hell they're talking about. It makes for a laugh but seriously, we need better headlines.
  • mafyooz - May 30, 2013 10:45 a.m.

I think they've hired the same people to do their headlines as Cracked.com use, because they don't usually tie up to the article properly either..
  • pokepark7 - May 29, 2013 3:35 p.m.

that sucks!!! i don't have a vita :( !!!!!
  • CUFCfan616 - May 29, 2013 1:47 p.m.

I'd hope for a price drop with the Vita to go along with the PS4 launch or at the least a bundle. Might this slow development of some games down though?
  • JMarsella09 - May 29, 2013 12:25 p.m.

I hope it works better. Every time I tried the remote play, it never worked right.
  • rainn'sgaydar - May 29, 2013 12:02 p.m.

I've only used remote play a couple of times via PS3, but anything that justifies my purchase of the Vita is welcome. I wonder if they'll be able to make it work any better across Internet networks though. Streaming works great on my home network, but the second I tried to stream from someone else's house, it was terribly laggy.
  • FoxdenRacing - May 29, 2013 11:03 a.m.

I'm not sure how comfortable I am mandating any optional peripheral support, but I can see why they're doing it; it removes one of Nintendo's aces in the hole [WiiU TV-free play]. They can't leverage it like Nintendo can [because there's no guarantee everyone will have one], but from a purely strategic standpoint it's a smart, if discomforting, move.
  • BladedFalcon - May 29, 2013 11:31 a.m.

I guess it just depends of how hard it'd actually be to implement it. I mean, all it is is a conversion I suppose, since I don't think Sony would demand it to use the PSV's specific capabilities, just that the games can be played in the PSV at whim. So as long as that isn't like, a super time-consuming process, I wouldn't think it would be that much of a problem? As someone who isn't interested in the Vita in the slightest, I couldn't care less. But if I owned a vita, I'd certainly would love to have the assurance that all the PS4 games could be played in it.
  • FoxdenRacing - May 29, 2013 11:39 a.m.

This is why I'm torn. On one hand, if it's a pain in the neck it'll discourage cross-platform support for the guys that target the XBone as the initial development system. On the other, it's a really cool feature with no other downsides. I can see devs going either way. The XBone is the logical target system; the smaller operational RAM and weaker video card make it the 'If it works here, it'll work on both' system of choice. On the other hand, with Sony mumbling about bending over backwards to support developers [including making dev as easy as possible], we may see a huge number of medium-and-smaller studios target PS4, and port to XBone if they can/if they feel like it. I don't have a real solid insight into which way devs will go, and that bothers me on a wholly different level; for as closely as I watch the industry, I shouldn't be in a position of flying blind for something that important. This is where more industry contacts would be nice...
  • BladedFalcon - May 29, 2013 11:46 a.m.

...Dude, are you into the whole stock market thing? :P Because it's starting to sound as if predicting who's going to be the "winner" for you is more than a matter of personal satisfaction :P
  • FoxdenRacing - May 29, 2013 11:51 a.m.

I'm too poor to own stock, :P I do wish I would've had the money to gamble on Ford/GM a few years back, though! It's a pride thing, and a 'maybe someday have my own website' thing; games are a huge part of who I am, and as a result I try to keep an eye on what all the major players are up to. Having a huge blind spot like that bugs me...says I'm not doing a good enough job of keeping tabs on things.
  • ZeeCaptain - May 29, 2013 11:46 p.m.

That seems sort of aloof of you BladedFalcon, you're usually one to rally for new non-main stream ways of replacing the generic mouse-keyboard/controller. I do agree though, I like the novelty of the Vita as a controller but it seems to much like Sony's retaliation to the Wii-U.
  • BladedFalcon - May 30, 2013 5:43 a.m.

...Have I really given that impresion? ._.
  • PatHan-bHai - May 30, 2013 8:29 a.m.

impression* :P
  • ZeeCaptain - June 1, 2013 5:42 p.m.

Nah I was just kidding mate, you were having an argument over the gimmicks that are motion control/dance pads/etc... I though it was funny so I was just having a laugh.
  • BladedFalcon - June 1, 2013 6:14 p.m.

*Laughs* alright, sorry if that went over my head, I'm rather terrible at distinguishing sarcasm on written form without cues ^^;