On: Xbox - OUT: Late 2004
THE PITCH: Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict introduces new elements to the Unreal universe, most notably the opportunity to play in both first and third-person perspectives. Other tweaks include improved player agility and ability boosting adrenaline powers. The honourable pastime of fragging your mates with no quarter is accommodated via Xbox Live.
- Hand-to-hand weapon combat is a first for the series, as is playing in first and third-person perspectives.
- Level design, a third-person perspective and improved player agility is all geared to give mobility a greater role.
- New adrenaline powers increase your players prowess in a number of ways.
- The game has been optimised for Xbox Live. Direct system linking is also supported.
- Single-player fragging is provided via a two-part tournament campaign.
THE BUZZ: The series has had its ups and downs but pure frag-fest fun is its meat and potatoes and The Liandri Conflict promises plenty of gut-wrenching action toward that end.