• ChrisCultista - July 19, 2011 4:36 p.m.

1."People want creative and new ideas! YEA!" 2. Make a rail shooter, on of the oldest and most done game types 3. Make a :[ when you figure out that at the core your game is just a pretty rail shooter. Use Kinect/Move BS to trumpet your game and 'act' like it is some new shit. 4. The game bombs. I haven't played it yet, but from what I have seen (which dictates what I buy) it looks like a rail shooter with piles and piles of graphics. Also you can use Kinect, but who give a shit, really?
  • reson8er - July 19, 2011 4:16 p.m.

@Pruman I love schmups as well, and the difference with Rez and a typical shooter is the experience. Rez and by extension Child of Eden are "experiences" with interactive elements, in this case shooting. Its about the overall (music, visuals, whats happening in the game, style, etc) game and not the nuts and bolts of the mechanics. Mechanically this game IS a simple rail shooter, but again its not about only the mechanics.
  • reson8er - July 19, 2011 4:08 p.m.

@samsneeze 100% agree with you. Critics especially are annoying, constantly harping on the same old shit. We get it, you hate it when x,y,z. You know what? variety is the spice of life. Hate motion controls? Cool, so do I in general, but I'll be damned if I could deny that some people like it. To each their own. Live and let live, right? Let people enjoy the shit they like, instead of waxing poetic about how horrible it is. Its such a very closed minded position. Funny how they are guilty of spouting the same old tired cliched shit as well, except in the case of critics its words not "exploding barrels".
  • Pruman - July 19, 2011 4:07 p.m.

I'm a die-hard shmupper (ranked in the top 1k in Ikaruga on XBL), and I really don't get all the hype behind Rez and this. They're basically Sin and Punishment on an acid trip. Flame me if you want, but I'll take that game's balls-out insanity over that any day of the week.
  • samsneeze - July 19, 2011 3:56 p.m.

People are so damn cynical nowadays. They think everything is a scam to get over on them or something. They say they want different fun stuff and then when the company gives it to them, they just complain and say it's crap. They think motion controls are the devil and believe that when it's completely optional, it's being forced on them and shoved down their throats. In short, I think the industry's core gamers are the one's killing it. BigKingBud, you're not that bright are you? That's the only logical conclusion I can come up with for saying L.A. Noire is a game for people who don't like video games. I mean, have you even played it?
  • gypsie - July 19, 2011 3:53 p.m.

Pre-ordered this on the PS3 for £15 from a well known online retailer! Lovely jubbly.
  • KREATIVEassassin - July 19, 2011 3:47 p.m.

There were three things that turned me off of buying this game. One, the price was ridiculous. Two, it brandished Kinect bullshit on the box. And three, I found out it was a rail shooter. Rail shooter? No thank you.
  • GR_DavidHoughton - July 19, 2011 3:34 p.m.

You don;t actually have to use Move though. AS with the 360 version, motion control is only an option.
  • therawski - July 19, 2011 3:26 p.m.

With a release date in September, the asking price would make sense if it was a move controller combo, but by itself ridiculous. But from seeing it I can understand people getting move if they don't have it, but only for 1 game?
  • reson8er - July 19, 2011 3:24 p.m.

Funny because here in the states they most certainly did not learn their lesson, as its still priced at $49.99 MSRP. In fact they have actually exacerbated the problem by releasing it in the release packed month of September. I bought the original Res on PS2 at launch, but will be waiting for this to hit the 29.99 or lower. Its a shame, but such is the cost of being late to the party, and not learning your lesson.
  • ChrisCultista - July 19, 2011 3:22 p.m.

I would play this on PC with a mouse, but most definitely not with a 360/PS3 controller, and MOST MOST definitely not with the Kinect bullshit. I bet that if this was released on Steam as a download for 20-30$ it would have gotten over 200k sales easy. This is a beautiful, gorgeous, rail shooter. Rail shooter. Rail shooter... yea I see why this sold so poorly now.
  • derfllewdib - July 19, 2011 3:12 p.m.

I'd happily buy it on 360 for $20, but no way for $40-$50.