Topics

Top 7

• jonas-souza - October 8, 2013 9:57 a.m.

goodasddsssssssssssss sssssssssssss ssssssssssss
  • jcarlos986 - October 8, 2013 7:29 a.m.

i wonder if Humans in the pokemon universe are also pokemon, and their ancient relatives were primate like pokemon like aipom and those elemental monkeys
  • Cwf2008 - October 7, 2013 6:19 p.m.

I've only heard of a couple of these theories but they're all pretty convincing
  • shawksta - October 7, 2013 5:19 p.m.

You guys were right on the podcast, this is awesome. The bigger theory is definitely that Ditto's are failed experiments, especially since you see a lot of ditto's around the cave mewtwo is found
  • g1rldraco7 - October 7, 2013 3:08 p.m.

I never heard of these Pokemon theories except that wildly crazy Ash;s Coma Theory. Still at least Digimon isn't that disturbing to cause nightmares.
  • GOD - October 7, 2013 2:42 p.m.

Going along with the Pokemon are energy and can convert matter theory, Pokemon are practically immortal. They can be beaten up and caused to faint in horrible battles repeatedly without permanent damage and cannot be killed from fighting along. The only way for them to die is to give up on life and submit to death, or for their physical forms to become so overrexerted that they use up to much energy and exhaust all of their life leaving behind only their physical form. This would explain the how there are fossilized Pokemon and that if given enough energy the fossilized corpses can be brought back to life.
  • a-little-bit-epic - October 17, 2013 10:22 p.m.

Pokemon the Movie: Mewtwo Strikes back. Ash is dead and the Pokemon use their combined energy to restore him to life. Evidence to support this theory.
  • super2j - October 7, 2013 2:19 p.m.

This just makes me remember that amazing explanation for the Mass effect 3 ending that everyone on the internet came up with. And how it made so much sense I believed it, only to be let down by Bioware when they eventually released the updated ending. I wouldnt put it past Gamefreaks to have no idea that these explanations are even required.
  • GameManiac - October 7, 2013 1:49 p.m.

...#2 nails what I'm going with in my ongoing Pokemon FanFic series. For those curious, here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3204673/
  • ObliqueZombie - October 7, 2013 12:49 p.m.

This was a great list! Some of these make too much sense to not be true, buuuut it's fun to speculate.
  • slimjim441 - October 7, 2013 9:36 a.m.

Dat #1. Wow.
  • JarkayColt - October 7, 2013 9:29 a.m.

Nice. I hadn't heard of 6, 4 and 2 before. I'd always figured that Arceus' 1,000 arms weren't literal and that it was just a part of the myth; people couldn't comprehend that it had the power to create the universe alone, so it must have had 1,000 arms. I never did notice the connection to Unown from the Sinjoh Ruins. My personal favourite theory has always been the Ditto one though because it's mega plausible. I know this is a more specific theory, but another one of my favourites is the implication that Blue's Raticate is killed in Red/Blue and FR/LG. When you find him at Pokémon Tower he says something about none of your Pokémon having died, and his team no longer has a Raticate. He is the only Rival who actually removes a Pokémon from his team in this way, so people believe that it died and he was there paying his respects, even going so far as to assume that it was you, the player, who killed it indirectly after an earlier battle.
  • RayPaw - October 7, 2013 9:23 a.m.

I'm no poke-expert but my favorite poke-theory is that Kirby is a pokemon! After all, he looks very similar to Jigglypuff and some Kirby fans even call his species "puffs"!
  • Shyplay - October 8, 2013 10:40 a.m.

Unfortunately, Kirby is on another planet entirely, (the planet of Popstar,) and is not part of the same evolutionary environment as Pokemon. The chances that he evolved the same as a Pokemon given his different environment are next to none.
  • pl4y4h - October 7, 2013 8:44 a.m.

Man, remember when jynx was black? Good times, good politicallyincorrect/sensitivepopulace times
  • BladedFalcon - October 7, 2013 8:39 a.m.

This was a fantastic and very interesting top 7! And yeah, I haven't heard about any of these, honestly, but they are all pretty cool theories. I specially like the idea that pokemon are energy beings, and that Dittos are corrupted versions of mew. It's really hard to think they would have so many coincidences... specially them weighing the same.
  • J-Fid - October 7, 2013 7:13 a.m.

Surprisingly, I haven't heard of most of these. Cool!
  • F4G1TR0N - October 7, 2013 7 a.m.

Gonna be honest! First time I read completely through a top 7, interesting read and hopefully the beginning of some sorta Pokemon week haha
  • C.King - October 7, 2013 6:33 a.m.

so fun! i hear genesect is a modified kabutops since they have the same body type and pokedex entries mention they are from the same era. pretty much all i got, forgot where i heard it from. oh wait, butterfree and venomoth were switched last second.
  • shawksta - October 7, 2013 5:21 p.m.

The butterfree venemoth shenanigans is just as ridiculous as Magikarp supposedly being Dragonite and Dragonair being Gyarados It's all simply a similar color coincedence