Topics

Top 7

• GamesRadarCollanderCooper - May 7, 2013 6:45 p.m.

The only thing multiplayer does is ruin your chances of getting a Platinum trophy. Tons of games require you to play 100 online matches just for a Bronze trophy. I don't even want to play one match
  • nadsat - May 7, 2013 4:45 p.m.

What a horrendous article. DRM doesn't even affect pirates, all it does is affect paying customers. How much did EA pay you to write this?
  • Relzen - May 7, 2013 9:17 p.m.

I can't be the only one that really wants to see whoever always says "How much did EA/Activision/ect pay you to write this?" get a savage beating.
  • winner2 - May 8, 2013 4:28 a.m.

No, but you're probably one of fewer than you might expect.
  • Bones96 - May 7, 2013 4:15 p.m.

"Except... gamers have brought this onto themselves." "Have gamers earned their punishment? You bet your ass they have." So you're saying that someone that has never pirated anything in their lives deserves dealing with bullshit DRM?
  • DeeEss - May 8, 2013 8:51 a.m.

Yup! We brought it upon ourselves by sharing a hobby with people who pirate. QED.
  • awesomesauce - May 7, 2013 4:07 p.m.

I find the comment about DLC bs. Any game that comes out with a season pass the moment the game comes out is lieing. You expect me to believe that COD & Injustice (and i loved injustice) didn't have time to work on the game so they released 4 packs of DLC on a monthly schedule? A bundle on the other hand I can believe. Something like Red Dead's undead collection where you buy them all AFTER all the DLC came out. Plus they released more DLC for free after that so i can believe that.
  • gadjo - May 7, 2013 3:02 p.m.

I've got some disagreements here. Not with the yearly sequel thing- I may not like COD but I understand why they do it- but with DLC. No one likes to buy DLC. It's a pain in the ass and usually (and by usually I mean "if it isn't fallout new vegas") it's either something that should have been there in the first place, or some pointless side mission with little thought put into it. I mean, does anyone like that halo games release with a pitiful amount of maps, then release them at 10 dollars per pack over the course of a year or two? On that note, I did love the DLC for new vegas. They were great side missions with great characters and stories that built on the established game. THAT is what DLC should be.
  • slimjim441 - May 7, 2013 1:46 p.m.

Online passes? Fine. Shoe-in multi-player? Fine. DRM? That's a pain, but completely reasonable because people are asshats. But I will never think yearly sequels are ever worth more than $20 add-ons. Additionally, all DLC isn't bad, but day-one shit and stuff you know should really have been included from the get-go, I will never let that slide. 'most people actually like being able to spend a few bucks for additional content...' Bitch, please. Extra costumes and weapons/map pack here and there are one thing, but if you're trying to tell me that people enjoying paying extra cash for material that's legitimately important to the game (I'm looking at you, Mass Effect 3's From Ashes), you're delusional. There are few things that make me as furious as when I 'download' some big $15 DLC and realize the download size is some ~50KB (for those who are unaware, small downloads like that mean the content is already completed and on the disc and all you paid for was the 'unlock'). That's bullshit and there's no saying otherwise.
  • sephex - May 7, 2013 1:21 p.m.

It's the week of hate dammit. I can hate whatever I want.
  • FunkyPickle - May 7, 2013 12:53 p.m.

I'm sure this has been said multiple times, but DRM does nothing but hurt paying customers. Blaming the entire gaming audience and saying that they "earned their punishment" is so hilariously ignorant. Please improve your articles in the future.
  • token2k8 - May 7, 2013 3:08 p.m.

Hell DRM wouldn't be necessary if most developers didn't put out shit game or gave us demos even. Whatever happened to giving us a fair shot at what we were spending our money on. Aliens Colonial Marines is a perfect example of people wanting to pirate stuff now. I'd be highly upset if I wasted $60 on that game.
  • GR HollanderCooper - May 8, 2013 2:59 p.m.

And here's the piracy justification I love to see.
  • ObliqueZombie - May 8, 2013 9:21 p.m.

Bam.
  • AwkwardTurtle42 - May 7, 2013 12:44 p.m.

While multiplayer can work well in some games, Mass Effect 3 isn't a very good example in my opinion. To get a high enough 'galactic readiness' score the game made me play the multiplayer, when I had no interest in the multiplayer and just wanted to continue with the story which is the point of the series anyway. It's good that the Extended Cut DLC fixed this but it shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. I'm not a fan of the yearly sequels idea either, I stopped playing the Call of Duty series after Black Ops I because a new game was being released every single year and in my opinion each one was too similar to the last. I just got burned out on the series. Ubisoft have gone down the yearly sequels route with Assassin's Creed as well. I've been an AC fan since the first game, and I liked how Assassin's Creed II improved and expanded on it, but in my opinion the yearly sequels are just too much. Ubisoft announced AC IV: Black Flag before they had even finished releasing half of the DLC for AC III, for example.
  • ObliqueZombie - May 8, 2013 9:22 p.m.

I got max galactic readiness without multiplayer. It's entirely possible.
  • fagner-martinelli-ferreira - May 7, 2013 11:11 a.m.

7 Casual Games No, nobody hates casual games, hardcore gamers hate when big companies leave the area major franchises wanes to devote to casual merely for financial reasons. The truth is that sometimes even a casual can generate more revenue than a hardcore game, whereas investment in production is minimal and the spectrum of target audience is huge, but not in the least mean that the big games are not profitable, yes million profit with them, is that sometimes the casual give millions more than the hardcore, and this is pure greed. Online 6-pass Kct but you do not understand any fucking game even ... game second hand should be fully usable. Previously any game came with the option to create the user's own server on your particular machine, and any racing game or strip should remain so. The company's own dedicated server should be an option and not an obligation, then it is pure banditry to earn more money. And yes, you bought, should be yours, but there is no "use agreement" a current game turns it into a service that can be sessado limited, prevented or withdrawn at any time, the amount you pay today is just the right to use the game for now, and yes, this is pure greed. 5-Multiplayer present in all games What justificativazinha most ridiculous, yes, there are titles with multiplayer totally expendable, and give ... also has essentially multiplayer titles ... the problem is that nowadays want to shove the multiplayer on anything to justify DLC, online pass etc ... and yes, this is pure greed. 4 Games-Free-to-Play Works for MMO, but what we see is that they are trying to shove down the throats F2P philosophy of any player ... pretty much what you buy today is a demo of the game and the rest is only distributed over payments DLCs, virtual items etc. ... is a little shame. And I know of no game Free-To-Play is all false advertising and the fact that there are companies making a lot of money that is no reason for me not to hate it, in fact it is the opposite because they are ruining great titles such as the racing series Forza thrusting it at all. And yes, this is pure greed. 3-DLC What bullshit, 99% of games are sold and mutilated their content base is delivered through more money on DLCs that this is the truth, and if you do not see it going to work with something else because of games you do not understand shit. And yes, DLCs are the classic examples of a great idea spoiled by pure greed. Threads 2-year Evolves anything, most times it is a lot of slot machines, no player claims of good sequences annual claims it delivers often a part of the game or use the same material to mount another game and so on. Do well done because game is also art that nobody complains, but insist on doing everything by pure greed. DRM-1 I want to know the source from where you took that 90% of PC games are pirated. DRM only hinders those who paid for the original, and who deserves a kick in the ass is you who do not understand shit or games or gamers. Go Herbalife sell and do the world a favor. What is better than to have access to raw sensationalistic, by pure greed.
  • Azymuth - May 7, 2013 1:06 p.m.

You, sir, use a lot of word to prove your ignorance.
  • fagner-martinelli-ferreira - May 8, 2013 2:43 p.m.

And you use almost any word to be a flatterer...
  • luckyseven - May 7, 2013 9:23 a.m.

"And why they really shouldn't?" way to commit Coop