Topics

Top 7

• bebl09 - October 28, 2013 11:28 a.m.

Oh and Ravenholm from HL2 (which I know you mention at the end) should definitely be on there somewhere. When I first played that game I had to use the devmode to turn the AI off because those screaming headcrab zombies made me shit myself every time I heard their scream!
  • GR_LucasSullivan - October 28, 2013 1:07 p.m.

Haha yeah, I almost included Ravenholm before I realized that the first Half-Life had all those airduct headcrab jump scares, so horror elements weren't uncharted territory for Valve. But yeah, those howls were a trip. I also read that when you light the zombies on fire, then play their death screams backwards, it's a man screaming "HELP ME"
  • bebl09 - October 28, 2013 1:18 p.m.

That's true. I also thought that the article is 'scariest moments' and Ravenholm is a scary level rather than just a moment so it makes sense not to include it. Valve also show their horror chops in Episode 1 (I think it's 1 at least, might be 2) where you're in the multistorey carpark and all the lights go out and you have to get the power back on in pitch black with headcrab zombies coming at you, that was so intense! Oh god, it's true, I looked it up and found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhD-vd7PXY4 That sound was bad enough but knowing that makes it so much more disturbing.
  • bebl09 - October 28, 2013 11:26 a.m.

Wtf, I didn't even notice the pictures changing until the 4th or 5th slide, would probably have been scarier if I had been concentrating on the picture itself rather than reading the text and barely noticing it though :P
  • Cyberninja - October 28, 2013 11:40 a.m.

I saw it on the pokemon screen and thought I imagined it for a moment.
  • antiAntag0nist - October 28, 2013 11:22 a.m.

Another week, another awesome Top 7. The Winter Lodge in Fable 2 caught me COMPLETELY off guard. That area was so warm and inviting, then turned into something absolutely dreadful in the blink of an eye. The spiders in the Dragon Age series always creeped me out as they were as big as bears and had a lot of detail; I should also mention that I am not a big fan of spiders in general. in DA 2, there is a mission to go clear out a cave infested with the poisonous buggers. I went in expecting to fight spiders and I was right in a way. What I wasn't expecting was a big ass, room filling Mother Spider, accompanied by her brood. I let the A.I. fight for me as I could barely stand to look at the screen.