• jack-breen - March 13, 2012 12:01 p.m.

HEAVY RAIN!!! How is it not on here!?
  • samsneeze - March 13, 2012 8:15 p.m.

Because it's terribly written, horribly acted, and barely a game at all.
  • iHateFatPeople - March 15, 2012 9:25 a.m.

Brutal - but true...
  • robotdickens - March 13, 2012 11:49 a.m.

Red Dead Redemption because it was a story of how a man just wanted to write his wrongs and save his family and no matter what you did, you couldn't escape the fact that he would be shot down by those heartless bastards after he helped them. The next would be Arkham City. Talia got killed by the Joker and then the Joker basically kills himself. So Bruce takes his arch nemesis' body out to Harley who can't help but cry. I know he was trying to kill us and everything but he was really just a mentally unstable man who just wanted Batman to laugh or smile.
  • ShadowReaper666 - March 13, 2012 9:34 a.m.

Gears 3 was much more upsetting than the second
  • lordgodalming - March 13, 2012 9:24 a.m.

1000 Words cutscene in Final Fantasy X-2. That crap messed me up.
  • VHSdream - March 13, 2012 9:07 a.m.

Cried like a bitch at the end of To The Moon...
  • Morland10 - March 13, 2012 7:16 a.m.

Lost oddysey is harder when you remember that the sick woman who dies was Kaims daughter and the kids are actually is grandkids
  • Morland10 - March 13, 2012 7:16 a.m.

sorry his grandkids
  • Nomado - March 13, 2012 6:38 a.m.

Ofcourse To the Moon should be first in anyway. Spent 4 hours playing To The Moon, But a week thinking about it. This Game is Just amazing (maybe not like other games in terms of gameplay). I would never ever expect this ending again. Poor Johny just cried when Joey died :(( For those who asking WTF is To The Moon? Just go play it. Its only 4 hour game and u will thank me afterward. U wouldn't feel this feeling again even if u played and cried when Aerith died in FFVII of in Shadow of Collosus.
  • mbavalo - March 13, 2012 6 a.m.

Definaely red Dead Redemption... could not go on playing after the marston died...well the dad that is
  • DecoyOctorok - March 13, 2012 5 a.m.

How about Rosalina's story from Super Mario Galaxy? I know I'm not the only one.
  • reaperman22 - March 13, 2012 4:28 a.m.

The Darkness, Red Dead Redemption and surprisingly Arkham City are my saddest game experiences, especially the darkness though. I was nearly in tears when Jenny died which just made Jackie's quest to kill Paulie feel so personal and that feeling was so strong it made he scenes with Jenny in the sequel all the more emotional.... plus the ending to 2 was pretty depressing to begin with without having to think about what is going to happen in the next one considering that cliffhanger
  • Vordhosbn - March 13, 2012 2:03 a.m.

I'm glad Lost Odyssey was on there, I completely agree about the "little stories" in that game, they were incredibly well written and *just* short enough to not feel like a complete distraction. On the other hand, the gameplay itself was pretty bland, so I don't remember much else of the game. Also, I'd have added Illusion of Gaia to the list, if only for the part where "someone's pet" does something and the music goes all sad (not going to spoiler it, even if it is many years old).
  • mubobi7593 - March 13, 2012 1:29 a.m.

I remember tearing up pretty bad at the end of Okami (spoilers, I guess) when everyone was roused by Issun to pray for Ammy. And, more recently (spoilers again) was Mass Effect 3, the middle choice. I bawled like a goddamn baby.
  • psycho ninja 4 - March 13, 2012 1:13 a.m.

I've only cried while watching a movie/playing a game/reading a book etc. Twice. Heavy Rain and the spongebob squarepants movie. Thats right, spongebob.
  • bass88 - March 14, 2012 5:26 a.m.

I know what scene you are talking about in SpongeBob SquarePants. That scene was surprisingly heavy going.
  • Fox_Mulder - March 13, 2012 12:30 a.m.

Heavy Rain, Any Zelda game (tears of joy)
  • jesusfrk15 - March 13, 2012 midnight

mass effect 3 and red dead redemption.
  • Byph - March 12, 2012 11:14 p.m.

Homeworld... 3rd mission (Return to Kharak) with Barber's Adagio for Strings playing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXRJBK8oJSA
  • NoblePariah - March 12, 2012 10:48 p.m.

The Darkness series should've been on this list. Both games had their moments that made you want to start bawling.