• 10fingersmikey - November 11, 2014 7:28 p.m.

Did no one else cry when Joel loses his daughter Sarah ten minutes into the beginning of The Last of Us? My god I did not see that coming.
  • Bloodstorm - November 12, 2014 4:26 a.m.

Very much so. Man, that was all the indicator I needed going forward that I was playing an amazing game.
  • Mafu - November 11, 2014 6:59 p.m.

Well, in Mass Effect 3, I cried like a little girl. But, the strongest part was the last goodbye with Garrus. I couldn't avoid the tears. The best bro-companion of gaming.
  • BladedFalcon - November 11, 2014 5:32 p.m.

While not sad for the most part, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward has one character ending that just flat out had me bawling, while also making one of the best cases in sci fi media about how Artificialy Intelligent beings can be just as, if not more human than us even while working within the classical framework of Azimov's robotic laws.
  • pirateluigi - November 11, 2014 5:03 p.m.

I can't play that song in Elite Beat Agents without bawling. You know the song.
  • BladedFalcon - November 11, 2014 5:26 p.m.

You know our love is meant to beeee! The kind of love that lasts... forever... And I want you here with meee! From tonight until the end to time! No joke, I could recite the entire song by memory, all because of that game.
  • winner2 - November 11, 2014 3:30 p.m.

The post credits scene in MGS4 had me tear up a bit, when big boss is slumped up against the tombstone and you just watch him and snake there for a minute. Then, after staring so intently you can see the cigarette fall from his hand as he dies on the boss' grave, the both of them having come to pay their respects.
  • AtmosFear - November 11, 2014 3:18 p.m.

Super Paper Mario definitely should have made this list. For some reason that game just got me.
  • homestar99 - November 11, 2014 2:52 p.m.

Soooo, um, I can't cry. I can't do it. I know when I'm supposed to feel sad and I genuinely do but I just can't cry. I find this painful. I want to express how I feel on the outside the way I do on the inside toward those moments. But I can't.
  • cptnoremac - October 6, 2014 8:06 a.m.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons was pretty sad. It had my wife crying. Not just at the ending, but also about the griffin-like animal.
  • joko99 - July 20, 2014 12:28 p.m.

I honestly believe that Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days should be on this list. Right off the bat you meet xion and develop a connection with her. Through out the game you see her form a friendship with Axel and Roxas. Than she becomes extremely depressed after her fight with riku and you begin to see her question her existence. You really feel for her than at the end of the game she is defeated by roxas and begins to fade away. When you see the way Roxas reacts you just begin to tear up because you realize that she is gone and nobody remembers her.
  • NoblePariah - June 22, 2014 12:04 p.m.

The lack of the orphanage scene from The Darkness and the ending segments of Bioshock Infinite make this an average list at best. The fact that you have Gears of War 2 on this list over either of those 2 is absurd.
  • skyler-drew - June 1, 2014 4:07 p.m.

the subtle realization of what happened after Persona 3 really got to me, but hands down the all out tear jerkiest moment came in Persona 4. YOU KNOW THE ONE. if that game didn't send you on a tear stained emotional roller-coaster along with the main characters then you obviously weren't playing it right.
  • winner2 - November 11, 2014 3:23 p.m.

Oh god that moment, I seriously started crying.
  • 10fingersmikey - November 11, 2014 7:10 p.m.

Nanako~~~~!
  • johndoe1337 - May 24, 2014 12:44 p.m.

what about the ending of the mass effect 3 citadel dlc, that was more saddening than all these put together. after literally about 125-150 hours of gaming and then seeing your crew standing outside the normandy, shepard voicing his doubts and then a crew member reassuring you it'll all work out, it almost made me cry. What makes it even more sad is that we know how it ends and that crushes our hearts.
  • Colin.B - April 9, 2014 1:28 p.m.

Call me crazy but I think Ocarina of Time should be on this list. The score being played in the background while Princess Zelda thanks you and tells you it is time to say goodbye and it will be as though none of the relationship you worked so hard to build happened...Yeah. Thanks Nintendo.
  • King_Icarus - November 6, 2013 8:45 p.m.

Dang people, what about Heavy Rain, or Beyond Two Souls, now that was sad, i mean, just play it, or watch a play through, the end is the worst part.
  • PMD24ever - October 29, 2013 6:44 p.m.

What about PMD? Grovyle's sacrifice, Disappearing, Igglybuff being forced to leave his master, and grovyle disappearing with celebi and dusknoir.
  • morbid_curiosity - August 18, 2013 11:28 a.m.

What about Heavy Rain?! Surely that was discussed as a possible entry onto this list. I believe the subject matter was sad enough to have included it even if it meant adding another entry or two.
  • g1rldraco7 - January 18, 2013 8:21 a.m.

Dante's inferno should have been on the list!! If the story didn't make you cry then you must be a robot!!