Topics

Top 7

• trikeman - March 28, 2012 3:27 a.m.

All I have to say is...all he wanted was to run tests on seashells? Did he not deserve that after everything he'd been through?
  • Midiala97 - March 25, 2012 8:24 a.m.

What picture is that first picture from??? I think the first character is Aerith from final fantasy but the second character I have no Idea and it's driving me crazy!!!!
  • Yoshino-Yosh - March 21, 2012 11:37 a.m.

Spoilers for Shadow of the Colossus; I know he said he wouldn't go into ending details for SotC, but I'm sooo glad that it was in this list. I almost gave up after Agro "died." I mean, the other games made me really sad, but Agro...I just sat there and silently cried. And, yeah, around Phalanx, I began wondering why I had to kill the Colossi, and what they were doing before I came along. God, I hate Dormin.
  • billyfab - March 19, 2012 5:24 p.m.

I haven't played SH:Shattered Memories, but I guess it is a remake/"reimagining" of the original Silent Hill, which contains one of the saddest moments that I can think of in a video game: you are stuck in this desolate place with very few others, and after you become attached to the most sympathetic of them, Lisa Garland, she deteriorates into one of the monsters. I remember feeling so alone and abandoned when it happened.
  • BOOOM headshot - March 16, 2012 6:27 p.m.

final fantasy X ending everything about it is sad
  • Mr Box 360 - March 16, 2012 4:40 p.m.

SPOILER for Metal Gear Solid The whole Metal Gear Solid saga had emotional moments for me, from Grey Fox's brave death, to finding out the truth about why big boss turned traitor...but nothing tied everything in like Metal Gear Solid 4. So many incredible moments, key characters death, Raiden's moment in the Shadow Moses Chapter...Snake collapsing when he reaches the final room in Outer Heaven, Naomi's speech. The biggest for me was the feeling of nostalgia when you first go back to Shadow Moses, hearing the ghostly echo's of the scenes that occurred in the rooms. Just seeing how much has changed in that place, makes you reflect on how your life has changed in the same period of time. I read in an article thats exactly what Hideo Kojima was trying to connect us to and it worked perfectly, its why the man is a genius in his field. Other emotional gaming moments would have been the ending for Heavy Rain, Nathan Mar's story in particular...and also the brief section with the two brothers which i wont go into detail because its a spoiler and its really something that you should experience with an open mind. I def agree with the Gears 2 article. I've recently finished the 3rd one and Dom's story once again delivers and until now thought it was actually sadder. But just watching that video clip had me welling up, Epic really exceeded themselves when its came to writing that scene
  • lemur - March 15, 2012 3:29 p.m.

mass effect 3 had a few tear jerking moments. When I was speaking to Javik on earth and he said that he will kill himself after the reaper threat was gone brought a tear to my eye. Also when I saved the Rachni queen and grunt almost died made me start sobbing. It looked like he was gonna die right there!
  • alexbyrom - March 20, 2012 9:09 p.m.

I cried when Thane died and said a prayer for Shepard.
  • BossFight - March 15, 2012 3:07 p.m.

As far as the Aerith death scene goes, for me it depended. It definitely was sad, but opposed to having like Vincent and Red in your team, you just give a look and walk on, put both Tifa and Yuffie in your party at this part in the game. You'll feel the sad coming on.
  • BlaqChyna - March 15, 2012 11 a.m.

Definitely wasn't expecting the Carlos/Maria scene to be so tearjerking in GOW2...Actually starting tearing up. So, I 100% agree with that choice :) I thought that the Russian Airport scene in MW2 was pretty sad, having to go around as an undercover agent and shoot up innocent civilians in an airport...
  • BlaqChyna - March 15, 2012 10:57 a.m.

SPOILERS AHEAD... I will never forget the airport scene in MW2 when you had to shoot up the civilians in that airport...That was pretty sad as an undercover agent being forced to do that... I 100% agree with the Gears of War 2 Carlos/Maria scene...I have never teared up during a video game and I definitely was not expecting to do so during a Gears game!
  • EvilYoda666 - November 23, 2012 2:03 p.m.

Sorry, this is a bit of a spoiler but I think you should add The Walking Dead. At the end Clementine (an eight year old girl who you have to look after) has to shoot Lee (the storyline protagonist and player character) to stop him becoming a zombie, and is therefore left alone in a world full of only zombies.
  • elovejr - March 15, 2012 10:19 a.m.

halo reach when Noble one crashed the ship into the spider walker to save noble three and noble six I think?
  • joesph-roach - March 15, 2012 10:10 a.m.

i don't really cry at games not really but seeing the last image made me think of metal gear solid 3 *spoilers* when the boss dies at the end of mgs3 and its explained that her patriotism ran so deep that she let her name be run into the ground and be labeled as the worst criminal on earth just for her country. but, of course i have a deep respect for patriotism.
  • Mr Box 360 - March 16, 2012 4:42 p.m.

Ive just mentioned that same moment for MGS3, for me MGS4 was the most emotional out of the lot but each one of them had a really emotional moment, and i agree for mgs3 that was it for me
  • CitizenWolfie - March 15, 2012 1 a.m.

I find it quite fitting that you ended with a screenshot of MGS4 since I pretty much was sobbing like a girl at the end scene where... *SPOILER* Old Snake puts the gun to his mouth, ready to kill himself. After almost a decade playing as the man himself it really affected me seeing him preparing to end it all. But yeah, Shadow of the Colossus also pulled at the heart strings.
  • ZidaneAlcor - March 15, 2012 12:47 a.m.

I don't care what anyone says, Aeris will never be the saddest death to me. I think I was numbed beforehand, back in PSIV, when Alys sacrificed herself. It was the same kind of thing, too. A quick spell or a trip to the inn and everything was all better.. then... it wasn't. All of a sudden, one of the strongest, coolest women in games (IMO) was gone forever. I still boil with fury when I see Zio, and tear up when she's on her death bed. Aeris is so famous for dying, but Phantasy Star did it first*. That's just what I think. (*PS probably wasn't FIRST, but I don't want to do the research. Bite me.)
  • talleyXIV - March 14, 2012 2:57 p.m.

"Saddest video games that will make you cry." This title is officially redundant, unnecessary to say "Saddest," "Video games that will make you cry" would have sufficed. Figures that would annoy me, as it came from my least favorite writer, Mr. Holly Cooper.
  • samsneeze - March 14, 2012 3:42 p.m.

It's not really redundant actually. The title is saying these are the saddest games of all the sad games that will make you cry. Basically by adding "Saddest" to the title, it's saying that these are the top sad games, which is why it's called top seven. Or rather, these are the saddest games that will make you cry. They're the most tear jerking of their medium. That said, if you're just going to complain about something this trivial why even bother posting.
  • GR HollanderCooper - March 14, 2012 4:45 p.m.

Aw, I'm number 0? Also the reason I have saddest and cry is because some games are sad, but won't make you cry because they just have a sad tone, and some games will make you cry because of difficulty/bugs/whatever, but aren't sad.