Topics

Top 7

• Sinosaur - December 12, 2011 7:35 p.m.

I bought Shadows of the Damned not long after it's release. I started playing it and then, after setting it down while not feeling especially excited about playing it, never felt an urge to pick it back up again. I don't know if I just didn't get far enough in to get to things that were really good (I played for at least two to three hours, I'm not sure honestly), but nothing about it spoke to me. Normally when I put down a game, it's because some outside force is saying 'hey, you've got other stuff to do' or 'you need to take a break, you've been playing for quite awhile.' With SotD, it pretty much just reached the point where I said 'Huh, not really having fun.'
  • avantguardian - December 13, 2011 1:54 a.m.

this happened to me with darksiders. the worst thing about it is that you almost feel obligated to see it through, if not for the monetary investment (darksiders was $10 so the sting was lessened), but also because you want to see where it goes, and ultimately, if it can redeem itself and captivate you. it's not always the right time or place for every game. conversely: sometimes, a duck's just a duck.
  • HeavyTank - December 12, 2011 7:06 p.m.

Maybe the fact that Rayman costs (almost) as much as its competitors was a contributing factor to the game's poor sales.. Which would you rather buy if you only had money for one: an epic, open-world RPG that lasts hundreds of hours or a hardcore 2D platofrmer that lasts..well, much less? Just sayin'
  • Canvas_Of_Flesh - December 12, 2011 6:42 p.m.

I loved Shadows of the Damned. I've got El Shaddai but have yet to play it. Outland looks cool but I have a hard time shelling out that much money for a digital download game. I'd like to get Rayman but it seems like it's heavily focused on co-op and I'm just not a big fan of that.
  • BladedFalcon - December 12, 2011 6:21 p.m.

Well, I played 4 out of 7 of these games. Outland, Rayman, Shadows and El Shaddai. And Ace Combat is a game I'm looking to play as well. All 4 are damn amazing games, specially Rayman, and I AM damn proud that I supported them, even if obviously more people should have.
  • fanfundy - December 12, 2011 5:57 p.m.

Shadows of the Damned should be praised, if anything for its musical composition. The game has flaws, but it is also very entertaining, and the atmosphere is terrific.
  • liadz - December 12, 2011 5:45 p.m.

Rayman Origins needs a pc version!! Read: I need a pc version of Rayman Origins ;_;
  • codystovall - December 12, 2011 5:25 p.m.

I feel rayman origins wouldve done better had it not been/starred rayman and had instead been some new character.
  • dvdsucks - December 13, 2011 12:15 a.m.

(facepalm)
  • Yeager1122 - December 12, 2011 5:24 p.m.

I only have one of these i know im a bad person.
  • Net_Bastard - December 12, 2011 5:21 p.m.

Hard Reset. It had flaws, sure, but it's a Serious Sam-type game set in a cyberpunk universe! It had amazing engine optimization and the final boss was really epic! What's not to like? Well, besides getting stopped by random pieces of geometry when running backwards from a horde of Flashes... I would also say Serious Sam 3, but that was only overlooked because reviewers thought that they should compare the color palette and enemies to Serious Sam 2 even though the fans hated SS2 for the color palette and enemies.
  • Ninja-Monkey-91 - December 12, 2011 4:48 p.m.

Completed Shadows but got stuck near the end of Ghost Trick, havn't played it since. Rayman is excellent reminds me of the orginal and is great fun to play! Also good for getting the gf to join in (We're both playing through just now.)
  • shawksta - December 12, 2011 4:51 p.m.

Seriously? Get your butt off and Complete Ghost Trick, im suprised you stopped at a critical time!
  • FrozenImplosion - December 12, 2011 4:35 p.m.

I have to say, Shadows of the Damned was one of my favorite games in the past few years! I'm really glad you guys made this list, these amazing games scarcely got enough of the recognition they deserved!
  • talleyXIV - December 12, 2011 4:30 p.m.

I played the Rayman: Origins based on all the hub bub you guys made and I was really impressed. I just don't want to spend $60 on it right now but if it comes out for 3DS I will buy the shit out of that game.
  • talleyXIV - December 12, 2011 4:30 p.m.

Rayman: Origins Demo.
  • ThatGamerDude - December 12, 2011 4:30 p.m.

Ive played all of these except for Ace Combat but I know what it is like and I plan on getting it in the near future!
  • AxiamWolfe - December 12, 2011 4:27 p.m.

I only know El Shaddai due to its Meme-Tastic Reputation in Japan.
  • thelazymackenzie - December 12, 2011 4:14 p.m.

Yakuza 4?!?! When did that come out?
  • Hishen - December 12, 2011 3:51 p.m.

Does it make me a superior person that I own a lil over half of these games?
  • DarkTone - December 12, 2011 3:38 p.m.

Really? I thought Ghost Trick would have taken Number one.