Topics

Top 7

• DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - December 13, 2011 7:10 a.m.

I blew my "Supporting the Arts by Buying a Quirky Game at Launch" budget for the year on Shadows of the Damned. I played the Rayman demo, though, and it was so freaking beautiful that I wish I had the money to buy it at $60.
  • lancevance821 - December 13, 2011 5:52 a.m.

great games with artistic design will always get less attention then the military shooters. That is just the sad world we live in now.
  • sleepyMexican45 - December 13, 2011 5:13 a.m.

were Rayman and Outland "overlooked"??? I was expecting a lot quieter games...
  • BladedFalcon - December 13, 2011 8:48 a.m.

They might have not been critically, but commercially, they both certainly were ovorlooked. Considering the quality of both games, they should have made at least 5 times more money than they did.
  • inkyspot - December 13, 2011 4:44 a.m.

Till looking to pick up Rayman, bu the others, not really inspired to do so, Maybe when they hit the bargin bin. I am interested in Outland though, the demo was fun.
  • CitizenWolfie - December 13, 2011 3:53 a.m.

I hadn't even heard of Outland until your "Best Downloadable Games" feature last week. Might pick it up. I wanted to get Ghost Trick, but my DS (and even 3DS) is gathering dust and there were other console games I wanted at the time. I'm tempted by Rayman but have yet to try the demo. The animation and sprites look lovely though. As for Shadows of the Damned I'm afraid I just can't muster up any enthusiasm for it. I'm sure Suda51 makes great games but pretty much all his recent efforts (despite being based on stuff I like) seem to inspire no reaction from me at all. I want to feel as psyched as the GR staff but I'm afraid I do not. I'm surprised Catherine didn't get a mention. For all the articles on this site about it, its release seemed to go largely unnoticed. In the UK at least. I don't remember seeing it in the new games section of Game and Gamestation.
  • KidKatana - December 13, 2011 2:28 a.m.

Outland's dirt cheap on the download at the moment! Or at least it was a couple of weeks ago, it's been sitting on my hard drive for a while. Once I've finished it, Crysis and BG&E, I'll get cracking on El Shaddai and Shadows. Now back to Skyward Sword...
  • avantguardian - December 13, 2011 2:24 a.m.

gotta say, the fact that what i'd heard about the most concerning shadows was dick related (as opposed to ANYTHING else)kept it off my radar.
  • SOLAMON77 - December 13, 2011 2:21 a.m.

I am proud to say that I bought Rayman Origins, Shadows of the Damned, El Shaddai, and Outland on the day they were released.
  • marioman50 - December 12, 2011 10:36 p.m.

Rayman Origins is on my Christmas list.
  • epicdominican91 - December 12, 2011 9:59 p.m.

Where the fuck is Catherine on this list?
  • shawksta - December 12, 2011 10:10 p.m.

Catherine was awesome but thats why, it sold very well and its unique theme attracted allot of attention, these are the best games people overlooked and most likely ignored.
  • sleepyMexican45 - December 13, 2011 5:14 a.m.

I expect lot of teen boys bought it judging it buy the cover lol...
  • shawksta - December 13, 2011 6:55 p.m.

Yes, which is sad in a certain degree considering its the sex appeal while their other awesome game Trauma Team got ignored for being a surgery game(BEST.GAME.EVER)
  • xarab4lyfex - December 12, 2011 9:44 p.m.

Played the demo for Rayman Origins and it's amazing, especially the co-op. It's just hilariously fun to punch people around and the game looks great and controls better. I wish the co-op was online so we didn't all have to huddle around a t.v (even though it's still fun to do sometimes). I might wait till it hits the 3DS because i want it for that system, especially if it has online
  • kingsmikefan - December 12, 2011 9:17 p.m.

Shadows, Ace Combat, and Rayman are on my list to play after I beat the ones I really wanted to play. I'll buy them new, too.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - December 12, 2011 9 p.m.

I have 100%'d Rayman and beaten Ghost Trick. Shadows has been on my list as well and Outland has been one I've had an eye on. After watching the Assault Horizon trailer I'd say that's earned a spot on my list. Tried the demo of El Shaddai, wrote it off as something that would easily be a cult hit but wasn't for me. Yakuza... I dunno, never really been into them.
  • garnsr - December 12, 2011 8:13 p.m.

I think I'd recommend playing Yakuza 3 before 4. 4 did improve some things, but playing just as Kazuma for a game will make 4 better. I'll probably pick up El Shaddai and Shadows of the Damned after I get through the last couple big games of this year. Hopefully they'll finally be nice and cheap in the new year.
  • MrSuitMan - December 12, 2011 7:47 p.m.

Should've been called "Top 7... 2011 Okami Awards"
  • Sinosaur - December 12, 2011 7:35 p.m.

I bought Shadows of the Damned not long after it's release. I started playing it and then, after setting it down while not feeling especially excited about playing it, never felt an urge to pick it back up again. I don't know if I just didn't get far enough in to get to things that were really good (I played for at least two to three hours, I'm not sure honestly), but nothing about it spoke to me. Normally when I put down a game, it's because some outside force is saying 'hey, you've got other stuff to do' or 'you need to take a break, you've been playing for quite awhile.' With SotD, it pretty much just reached the point where I said 'Huh, not really having fun.'