Topics

Top 7

• iskander-oliva - September 26, 2012 9:27 a.m.

Why do people keep bringing up Kratos? Do they know how to read? This list is about the characters that were introduced in the current generation of gaming.
  • Rowdie - September 27, 2012 3:02 p.m.

Tons of Kratos suggestions and afaik not a single Master Chief or Mario suggestion. Hmmm...
  • Zbandit - September 26, 2012 9:18 a.m.

Where's Wesker?
  • slayerzomby1994 - September 26, 2012 9:07 a.m.

What about Kratos(God of War) War and Death(Darksiders)?!?!
  • wendy-pineau - September 26, 2012 8:59 a.m.

Oh, and what about Dante? They should've made it the top ten! :)
  • wendy-pineau - September 26, 2012 8:53 a.m.

My first thought, when asked who was missing from the list, was "What about Nathan Drake?!". Then I thought, well, although he's a pretty awesome badass, I guess he's not quite in the same league as most of the others mentioned in the list. But then I saw someone mention the one character I can't believe wouldn't be in the top three. What about Kratos?!! Honestly, he could chew up and spit out at least half of that list. LOL
  • kachigop - September 25, 2012 9:39 p.m.

You could definitely make an argument for Jim Raynor from the Starcraft series. He's constantly kicking Zerg Swarm ass while fighting the dictatorial rule of the Dominion and saving his hot girlfriend who got turned into an evil (yet still sexy) bug queen. Almost everyone in that game just oozes bad-assery.
  • thorvath - September 26, 2012 1:48 a.m.

Raynor's been around since '98 so he's a few generations old at this point. And back then C&C Red Alert's Tanya would mow him down easy too =P
  • larkan - September 25, 2012 9:17 p.m.

Throw out Bayonetta, throw in Big Daddy and Kratos maybe? Kratos basically destroyed the entire Greek mythos casts by himself....yet he's missing from this list? And he did have games in this generation, so it does count.
  • wheresmymonkey - September 26, 2012 5:53 a.m.

No Garcia 'F***in' Hotspur or Travis Touchdown. Come on both are pretty damn bad ass. One of them drives a motorcycle straight into hell and then kills everyone. the other Drives a motorcycle into a house full assassins and then Kills them... Ok then Julliet who ride a push bike into school full of zombies and then... kills them all. I think i've unwittingly found something out about SUDA51s characters and games. THEY'RE ALL BADASS!
  • solidsnake445 - September 25, 2012 4:27 p.m.

Adam Jensen from Deus Ex Human Revolution. He's the ultimate badass!
  • D0CCON - September 25, 2012 3:58 p.m.

Of all the Gears of War characters, I always thought that Baird was the closest thing to a wimp, he also seemed to be the most incompetent. I can see arguments for him being the most interesting, but I wouldn't call him the most badass. Based on consensus from my friends and others in my high school and college, Cole Train consistently ranks among them as the most badass.
  • jackthemenace - September 25, 2012 1:32 p.m.

Agree with pretty much everyone on this list, except my John Marston- but that's only because I didn't like Red Dead Redemption. Especially happy to see Baird there. A lot of people don't seem to like him, but he's always been my favourite. Bayonetta, too, was a nice addition, and not someone that immediately sprung to mind.
  • Ilyere - September 25, 2012 11:07 a.m.

I will also give a shout-out to Asura from Asura's Wrath. When you can make Dragon Ball Z look like small-fry compared to it, you know something's up. XD
  • onetimebuster - September 25, 2012 11:06 a.m.

No claptrap how sad .
  • XxDAMAG3_INCxX - September 26, 2012 9:49 a.m.

Claptrap isn't Badass. Just awesome.
  • Lemming - September 25, 2012 9:37 a.m.

Should've mentioned Bayonetta punched God into the sun. From Pluto (or was it Uranus?) Seriously. Hard to top that. Jeane also gets a close second as she used a motorcycle to jump off angels onto a rocket launching into space, while fighting more angels that got in the way.
  • Scammeleon - September 25, 2012 9:08 a.m.

I'd put Chell in there. She strolls through mind-boggling death traps in an underground metallic cage of hell, murdering psychotic robots and blowing up whatever gets in her way with nothing but a gun that shoots science and a silent, no nonsense objectiveness as more and more insane bullshit gets thrown at her. All without breaking a sweat.
  • ChristopherDalley - September 25, 2012 10:48 a.m.

This. Wrapped in bacon.
  • Rowdie - September 25, 2012 8:23 a.m.

Good list. Guess you could have made it 8 and gave Brick from Borderlands some luv.
  • Clovin64 - September 25, 2012 3:19 a.m.

Ah, who else could occupy the No. 1 spot other than the G-Man? I'd also like to give my vote to Gabriel Belmont. He's voiced by Frank Begbie and he beats the shit out of Satan. Also just watch the trailer for Lords of Shadow 2. Surely thats more badass than unlocking doors?