Topics

Top 7

• shawksta - September 26, 2011 7:34 a.m.

Awesome list cundy, I agree, especially Sonic Adventure, Red Dead and Fallout. Despite certain games still being good, its a rash on me to know that developers let this happen and all they do is "Bugs? Eh, we'll patch it later", certain DLC aspects (not all) and updates are making developers lazy Now. You dont see that crap on the wii, they dont have a chance and must make it right the first time. I hope future consoles gets rid of patching so developers can learn to do it right. Theres a difference between fixing a game and making it better.
  • DukeNukeThem - September 26, 2011 7:43 a.m.

Id actually agree with the Wii bit, tho ive only played Nintendo first party titles, ive never had any bugs while playing on my Wii. Only afew crashes on Wii Sports.
  • shawksta - September 26, 2011 8:37 a.m.

Im not saying there arnt, there are some games, my point is that once they mess up, thats it, they cant fix it. Thats why most Nintendo First Party games and 3rd Party that arnt shovelware and people give a damn about, dont mess up.
  • Sjoeki - September 26, 2011 7:32 a.m.

I never finished Fallout: New Vegas cause of all the bugs, but I platinumed (is that a word?) fallout 3, loved that game!
  • sjneow - September 26, 2011 7:14 a.m.

Maybe reviews should include a "Bug" score(which is out of 10) apart from the normal score. For example Fallout 3 could be a 9/10 or 10/10 in it's bug score. There are gamers(like me) that couldn't tolerate bug. And time and time again I've bought games with a high review score but filled with bug(again, Fallout 3, I regret playing that game).
  • rabidpotatochip - September 26, 2011 6:54 a.m.

That paintbrush video was amazing. I wanted to work my way through Oblivion again before Skyrim comes out and I know what I'm going to do with that time now!
  • Mooshon - September 26, 2011 6:52 a.m.

My main one is 'Company of Heroes' rts on the pc. Amazing game but is completely broken from retail install. Had to scour the net for someone who had a replacement .dll file or whatever just to run it. All subsequent patches are required to play by the DRM and removed the fix! Funking hate/love that game. The other one is Black Ops (360). Worked just fine after launch for weeks, but then freezes forever at the same point between levels. Every month or so it seems to allow me to progress 1 more level before doing the same thing further along though?!
  • PrancingCera - September 26, 2011 6:30 a.m.

I must have been quite lucky, as I didn't see any glitches at all when I played through RDR.
  • Tatts4Life - September 26, 2011 6:22 a.m.

Man I never even thought about doing that with the paint brush glitch on Oblivion. I ended up just getting the PC version and having fun with that one.
  • minimaxi - September 26, 2011 6:21 a.m.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. was Gears really that buggy? back then I was still pirating games (I always buy my games now :) ) so I pretty much never patched Gears 1 but never once did I see any game-breaking or at least spectacular glitches. but of course I didn't play multiplayer.
  • Baron164 - September 26, 2011 6:14 a.m.

I never had any weird glitches in Gears of War on the 360. I was also fairly lucky with Fallout 3 because my glitches were limited to the system lockup variety. I still haven't play New Vegas since they are still releasing broken DLC. Saints Row 2 should have been added to the list. The game was awesome but playing it coop was full of issues, but most of them were just hilarious.
  • croatianmaniac232 - September 26, 2011 6:12 a.m.

Dead Island and both Fallouts are some of my favourite games out! Imagine them without the bugs... Gaming perfection!
  • DukeNukeThem - September 26, 2011 6:12 a.m.

Die for 'no' reason i meant. Id also add test drive unlimited aswell. Falling through the road into the magical world of nothing-ness was always fun, or driving up into the sky, or driving halfway through a tree before becoming completely stuck. Good times.
  • EiGrOn - September 26, 2011 6:10 a.m.

Lol, just funny. I love how Dom breaks the dance floor.
  • bamb0o-stick - September 26, 2011 6:10 a.m.

Dead Island is great fun, but it's painfully clear they let it out too early. The game has been in development for several years and it's still rough around the edges. Like did anyone try pressing CTRL + letter keys and get Xbox symbols on the PC? I mean, seriously...
  • DukeNukeThem - September 26, 2011 6:05 a.m.

Haha great list. Id add Saints Row 2 to that list, man that was crazy, ud die for reason, but a great game.