Topics

Top 7

• jack-hentschell - February 25, 2013 12:10 p.m.

You could have filled this entire list with Metal Gear games.
  • bedelicious - February 25, 2013 12:04 p.m.

I remember the "you're in a computer game" part in Max Payne :P There were more in the series, but this is one of my favorites :P Also, Colonel Campbell in MGS2 :D Raiden, turn the game console off right now :D
  • Ironarm - February 25, 2013 11:50 a.m.

Virtue's Last Reward broke the fourth wall in some pretty great ways.
  • Stillnotlola - February 25, 2013 11:32 a.m.

Awwwh I was hoping to see No More Heroes. When Travis and 'final' boss Jeanne casually mention how they might affect the age rating of the game, as well as how their actions might actually get the game delayed... I had the hugest smile on my face; it was great. But anywho, great list!
  • GR HollanderCooper - February 25, 2013 9:40 p.m.

Didn't they specifically say, like, "No More Heroes Forever" or something? I remember that.
  • ObliqueZombie - February 25, 2013 11:17 a.m.

Good list, that Eternal Darkness one would scare me shitless.
  • Errrrbo - February 25, 2013 11:14 a.m.

"...for a short while later we were introduced to Psycho Mantis, the game’s first boss fight." Unless I'm misunderstanding, this statement is incorrect. Revolver Ocelot is before Psycho Mantis.
  • GR HollanderCooper - February 25, 2013 11:49 a.m.

Fixed!
  • jack-hentschell - February 25, 2013 12:10 p.m.

Not to mention a fight against Vulcan Raven in a tank.
  • Pruman - February 25, 2013 11:13 a.m.

How about the very end of EarthBound, where all of the characters in the game appeal to YOU, THE PLAYER specifically, to pray for their victory? Aside from the awesome fact that it actually worked, it's still one of my favorite game moments of all time.
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - February 25, 2013 11:13 a.m.

How about every game ever made by Grasshopper?