Topics

Halloweek Top 7

• zombi3grim - October 29, 2012 2:39 p.m.

Awsome list!
  • RODTheMaster - October 29, 2012 2:12 p.m.

I'm also disappointed that the Haunted Majora's Mask cart wasn't included. It was a great horror narrative/ ARG that played on the subversive nature of the already-creepy Majora's Mask.
  • tomasfr89 - October 29, 2012 2:02 p.m.

Somebody NEEDS to make that Killswitch game (of course, they would have to exorcise the twisted souls of the Karvina CEOs to get the rights).
  • KnightDehumidifier - October 29, 2012 1:23 p.m.

So many Pokemon myths that it's hard to fathom: The idea that Ditto is a failed Mew clone hypothesis. The Cubone/Kangaskhan correlation. That Blue visited the Pokemon Tower was to mourn the loss of his Raticate, which has never been seen after you fight him.
  • ShowMeYourKitties - October 29, 2012 2:54 p.m.

Gengar is Clefairy's shadow The strange lack of young and middle-aged men in R/B/Y is due to a war Oh, and the "Lost Silver" myth.
  • robertpopovic - October 29, 2012 1:07 p.m.

Totally love these urban myth stories like the random folks in the background on some levels of Mario Galaxy 2 (or was it 1?)
  • shawksta - October 29, 2012 6:03 p.m.

It was 2, in shiverburn galaxy
  • Lucario995 - October 29, 2012 1 p.m.

Love the list, but you forgot to mention the story of Ben from Majora's Mask.
  • GutFunk - October 29, 2012 1:17 p.m.

Yeah, the Ben story from Majora's should definitely be on this list
  • CUFCfan616 - October 29, 2012 12:57 p.m.

I'd be quite disappointed if my last thoughts followed the plot of FF8 and had not one character who wasn't completely annoying (or annoying in some small way). Maybe it is actually a horror game. Seeing Seifer cut apart Odin was scary enough in that an annoying sub boss defeats a FF legend
  • Thedigitalg - October 29, 2012 12:33 p.m.

I remember the FF8 theory, which I thought was really cool. Most of the points are wrong, but it did make me think.
  • ultimatepunchrod - October 29, 2012 11:20 a.m.

Some of those are actually pretty creepy. I really like theories like the FF 8 thing in games.
  • Apastron - October 29, 2012 3:26 p.m.

I love the theory that Sorceress Ultimecia is actually Rinoa. I know a lot of it doesn't hold water but I like to think that gaming stories are whatever you make of them (usually due to a lot being so poor/mundane/hole-ridden) and it's that angle that contains the most meaning to me personally. Of course, this negates the above story, but I don't like it as much anyway.