Topics

WTF

• Balaska - September 23, 2010 6:40 p.m.

I actually like all of the above, aside from hammering buttons to open doors, controllers are expinsive dammit.
  • Mattattack - September 23, 2010 6:32 p.m.

Hacking and Lock-picking never bothered me as much, but I HATE Alchemy and Escorting some dumb arsehole around.
  • flare149 - September 23, 2010 6:03 p.m.

I actually really liked the Plumbing puzzles of Bioshock. They were pretty challenging and much more engaging than other ones like ME2's "click the matching symbols". However, the ME2 one where you sift through code is actually really cool haha
  • DynamicJul - September 23, 2010 5:37 p.m.

Climbing in Assassin's Creed is the best thing ever.
  • suicidali - September 23, 2010 5:25 p.m.

"exasperating load of old swan's cum" ... I had to read that a couple of times...
  • gilgamesh310 - September 23, 2010 5:06 p.m.

I completely agree about the stealth sections and the escort missions but I quite like climbing sections, at least if there dine right. If your not going to be hammering a to climb you're likely going to be hammering RT to shoot at something so it isn't much of a problem really
  • stevenbrianp - September 23, 2010 4:01 p.m.

I have to disagree with the lockpicking, hacking, and alchemy parts. The lockpicking and hacking feeds the intrique of what is behind that door and makes me really want to get in there. The alchemy satisfies my inner chemist I think it is fun to go on a hunt for rare ingredients. Definately hate the escort missions though.
  • IRIsH - September 23, 2010 3:55 p.m.

socializing....dont like it, dont want to do it.....
  • JADENkOTOR - September 23, 2010 3:34 p.m.

I guess you forgot about your game of the year, Batman AA, which is an action game that pulled off stealth pretty well... and nobody likes stealth enough to play through a whole damn game of that shit anyway. This is why the majority of people hate Splinter Cell, which just recently started catering to the masses with decreased emphasis in this area. And no climbing? What the fuck... Thats what those games are about. You know "climbing games". If you didn't want to climb why are you playing a climbing game? That sounds familiar, I should probably cite the source. Sterling, Jim. "Things Im Sick of Games Making Me Do". Gamesradar.com 2010. Septemberber 22, 2010 <http://www.gamesradar.com/f/things-im-sick-of-games-making-me-do And I only half disagree about lock picking... If you increase this area of your stats and are able to pick the really hard locks, it makes you feel like you are getting the good shit nobody else has. That aside, it is boring and lame. I absolutely hate escort missions and couldn't agree more about Ico... Shitty.
  • philipshaw - September 23, 2010 12:38 p.m.

Agree with this list except for the last point because Ico is amazing because the whole game is a fantastic escort mission
  • laxsiber - September 23, 2010 12:35 p.m.

This is dumbest thing I've seen on gamesradar. I think that more games need to have climbing. I agree that Prince of Persia had best climbing but I want to see that in more game. And what's wrong with hacking and lockpicking? About stealth I don't even need to say anything. I hate games that's just one thing (like sport, fighting or mindless shooters) games should be more diverse.
  • Blackfox34 - September 23, 2010 11:59 a.m.

Terry Schiavo would have been a more effective ally than that ridiculous bitch. Quote of the century right there
  • Clovin64 - September 23, 2010 9:38 a.m.

Lock picking in Oblivion SSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. With regards to the Hacking section, is that screenshot from the hacking mini game in Bioshock 1? It looks bloody horrible! Bioshock 2's hacking mini game is so much better. Also I loved Ico from what I've played of it. Can't wait for the HD re-release!
  • amguitarman - September 23, 2010 8:55 a.m.

Hell yeah! Prototype owns inFamous. That game is fun just to aimlessly run around New York.
  • infernox - September 23, 2010 8:35 a.m.

deus ex had no lockpicking or hacking minigames and some critics thought it made it too easy. it also let you play how you wanted, so you didnt have to use stealth.
  • TheWebSwinger - September 23, 2010 7:51 a.m.

Well well well, quite the controversial lil article.
  • kiddoblivion - September 23, 2010 7:31 a.m.

And yet with all those tasks listed, not once is "shooting things" mentioned. I'm so tired of every other game telling me to march around gunning down scampering, AI-piloted character models. When did gaming and gunning become so synonymous with each other? When exactly did America's gun culture hijack video-games? The gaming industry is so desperate to be taken serious as a medium yet it finds itself constantly pandering to the juvenile "Cowboys & Indians/Cops & Robbers" mentality of it's audience. Even a game like Assassin's Creed 2 which was set in the friggin 15th century managed to slip in gunplay to sooth the frustrations of this "cap poppin" game-playing majority. A "truly innovative game" these days would probaly consist out an adult game with mature themes, story and setting but WITHOUT anyone ever pulling a trigger. Unfortunately I doubt they could ever manage such a feat. So thanks but no, I'll stick with escorting a "bitch" in Ico, it may not appeal to the "majority" but atleast a breathe of fresh air is better than a mouth full of...well, ya know.
  • jmcgrotty - September 23, 2010 6:42 a.m.

You didn't include the biggest one that is overdone: online/co-op play. God, the honeymoon is over on that crap.
  • publicanemone - September 23, 2010 6:36 a.m.

The mix of the time limit and impossible escorting ruined Dead Rising for me. Hope both are gone for the sequel.
  • PapaPessi - September 23, 2010 6:26 a.m.

Speaking of shitty escort missions... DEAD RISING anyone? Worst escort missions EVA!!!