Topics

Worst of 2010

We Recommend

• AuthorityFigure - December 16, 2010 8:55 a.m.

I actually didn't mind some of those covers.
  • humpiedumpie - December 16, 2010 8:49 a.m.

Hahaha Kim Jong Il made me laugh out loud in class thanks gamesradar
  • Corspufo - December 16, 2010 8:44 a.m.

Remmington Super Slam Hunting: North America was probably my favorite. All of nature decided to converge as one unified mass upon these two gentlemen in the woods. Thankfully they were armed. Mikel probably my favorite article of the year, keep up the great work.
  • RicePuddingUK - December 16, 2010 8:22 a.m.

Definately agree with the James Bond One, it's like some sort of fan film cover for a youtube film. The rest aren't real games so they don't really count.
  • jimmdogg - December 16, 2010 7:47 a.m.

Another winner.
  • mattdark - December 16, 2010 7:47 a.m.

Also, Just Dance 2. Kim Jong Il aside, the first thing I noticed is that the central characters look more like theyve been caught in a sexual act, rather then dancing.
  • mattdark - December 16, 2010 7:46 a.m.

Great article, and after seeing the Taz-ball entry on there, I want to nominate Marvel vs Capcom 3's cover for next years list, seeing as most of the characters look like they were dwarn from memory. (I imagine the guy being unable to remember what the hulk looked like and happened to recall eating some green giant peas and grabbed the can for reference)
  • icbacomingupwithapropername - December 16, 2010 7:17 a.m.

Look at the crusoe box art look to the far left look at the guys face then look at the womans hand and gun. A rather unfortunate incident that makes him look like he has a metal penis and she is jerking him off.
  • AntiGuardian - December 16, 2010 6:41 a.m.

It may be hard to tell because of all the rain, but the crab feels. Guilt. Regret. It's crying, and all it wants is forgiveness. Lets give it to him. Lets put him on that machine gun, regardless of what the crew thinks. Let The crab Fight for what it believes is his only way pass this. Let it go, man...let it go.
  • rickrossthaboss - December 16, 2010 6:11 a.m.

this is always one of my favorite features of the year. Good work! i'm laughing my ass off here at the moment.
  • NanoElite666 - December 16, 2010 6:09 a.m.

Wow, that stuff's pretty damn bad. Save for Singularity, I got no beef with its box art. The rest is just baaaaaad. And a large portion of them are Wii games...
  • CH3BURASHKA - December 16, 2010 5:35 a.m.

It's hard to get me to straight-up laugh out loud, but I did just that when looking at these. I thought you had a winner at #25, "Mystery Cookbook", because of how fake everything looks and how fucked up the pig looks, but RIGHT under it was the true gold medal, #26: "Wildlife Camp". Just, wow. I laughed for 2 minutes straight, no lie, looking at that fucking lion cub. It's like that picture of a wooden panda bear (incidentally, Drawed's avatar in the forums), where the longer you stare at it, the more you realize how seriously fucked up it is. JUST LOOK AT THAT FUCKER. By the way, everyone who doesn't know, look up the Quick Look of Hollywood Squares on Giant Bomb if you haven't already. It's as funny as the boxart, if not more. Tangentially, the dude from "World Party Games" reminds me of a book I read a while back, "The Dream of Perpetual Motion" by Dexter Palmer. It's literally a random association that barely relates to the book, but I loved it so much that I want to share that with you people. Pick it up - you won't regret it (but if you do, it's not covered by our warranty).
  • kicking222 - December 16, 2010 5:34 a.m.

I have to be honest: Before scrolling down to the zoomed-in shots, as soon as I first saw the "Just Dance 2" cover, I thought to myself, "Wow, is that Kim Jong-il?"
  • ElMikkino - December 16, 2010 4:30 a.m.

Yes! I look forward to this article every year, thank you GR!
  • KnightDehumidifier - December 16, 2010 4:20 a.m.

GODDAMNIT CRAB, IF YOU KEEP UP THIS BULLSHIT WE'LL SEND YOU TO TLC TO CO-STAR IN SARAH PALIN'S ALASKA. DO YOU WANT TO SPEND A SEASON WITH THAT WOMAN? WELL DO YA?
  • joshjacobs - December 16, 2010 4:03 a.m.

I work at Best Buy and I am surprised and happy to say I've never seen any of these games.
  • Robusken - December 16, 2010 3:16 a.m.

"Bad Crab! Bad!" I was looking out for your zoom in picture and I wasn't disappointed.
  • StickyLungs - December 16, 2010 3:14 a.m.

Gross
  • mahabat - December 16, 2010 3:14 a.m.

So Canada Hunt features "Bonus elk and turkey hunting" huh? what the hell else does it have? the only thing on the box art is turkeys and elk... that would be like saying about the next call of duty, " Now with bonus Russians and terrorists fighting." btw the comment about the guy in the pink shirt killed me. way to go man
  • ThatGamerDude - December 16, 2010 3:13 a.m.

Wow, I'm amazed at how this stuff even happens. Don't they have people inspecting these things. I'm now officially scared for 2011's worst box art. <:( Oh yeah the article, yes this article made me laugh til I fell to the floor but at the same time gave me nightmares. But really there is A LOT more worse box arts than these but that doesn't matter at this point.