• kit07 - September 6, 2010 8:40 p.m.

going to have to really disagree with the bayonetta one. i would have switched it with the orange box and just put it in honourable mention. load times? to me they were not that bad. my only real issue was the screen tearing but that doesnt really effect the gameplay for me. the orange box on the other hand? my god. i never got the chance to play HL2 on PC so i am going through it over this past weekend. and it feels like a chore. i know that this game is amazing and fun, but on the PC. there is way more unnecessary load times on the ps3, game seems to slow down a ton, plus the audio, when sh!t hits the fan really makes my ears bleed. bayonetta isn't the piece of garbage u make it out to seem, it's still playable and probably one of my fav games of the year. that is all.
  • JADENkOTOR - September 6, 2010 8:16 p.m.

@phoenix_wings and KaiokenKid: I can't believe both of you got through that conversation without getting mad... props. I also have both and the only real difference I notice is that the framrate on PS3 can be a little choppy but it doesn't happen very often. I buy all my multiplatform shit on 360 for extra content, the live network (much better than psn), and 360's controller. Other than that, there is very little difference between the two and it really just depends on what game you are playing. As for the list, this was another good one, and I agree with all that made the (unfortunate) cut. I still can't believe you guys pulled off a Top 7 as being cool and different, when in actuality, its probably just laziness. Oh well, keep the unique ideas coming and you will never lose me to IGN or Gamespot.
  • CJLopez - September 6, 2010 8 p.m.

Just to be fair with Dead Rising: Chop till you drop, they used the Resident Evil 4 engine, not the MTFramework which they udes to develope Sengoku Basara 3 on the wii, and looks at how many enemies are on screen, even on split screen multiplayer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF5oQYeIWO0 I demand a report of dead rising for Wii on the MTFrameWork engine. You know what, i'd rather have either lost planet 1 and 2 for Wii, or give us a new 3rd person shooter. Hell, i'd rather get a Dead rising Spin off, case zero would be pretty nice
  • KaiokenKid - September 6, 2010 7:09 p.m.

@phoenix_wings-Ive p;ayed both versions of Asylum and RE 5, and both of them looked better on 360. Im not sure performance wise, both seemed fine to me, but they sure did look better on 360.
  • phoenix_wings - September 6, 2010 6:40 p.m.

I'm thinking that RE4 for the PC and RE4 for the iOS were pretty bad. But honestly the worst I've seen was RE: Deadly Silence. @ KaiokenKid - In Arkham Asylum, RE5 and Saints Row 2, I've found the opposite to be true. I had slow-down issues in the 360's SR2 to the point where several sections are nearly unplayable, but it was fine on the PS3--and this was having SR2 installed onto the HD. I thought that multiplats had to be engineered to the least-powerful console (aside from handhelds).
  • KaiokenKid - September 6, 2010 6:33 p.m.

Have PS3 multiplats really improved that much is my question. I mean, weve had 3 games this year so far that were markedly worse on PS3 (RDR, bayonetta and Mafia 2.) and honestly, even if they arent as blatant as these, the 360 version still gets better stuff in tehir version like Better textures, better framerate, less screen tearing, better lighting or a combination of these things or even more. I mean, I like my PS3 and all and I do think its a bit more powerful then my 360, but really, havent the most powerful consoles always had the better multiplats? or is this gen the exception to the norm? And it does kinda bother me because if PS3 could get its stuff together and really get them the exact same, id probaly game on that more because of blurays (which dont scratch easily and youll never see a multidisc PS3 game) and the fact I dont think my PS3 will go thermo nuclear on me.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - September 6, 2010 6:31 p.m.

Great feature Dave.
  • Ded - September 6, 2010 6:11 p.m.

@Violate Urm.. because Capcom make great games? Even if a couple of old ports aren't done well..
  • garnsr - September 6, 2010 5:44 p.m.

Pac Man is probably my earliest game memory, I was just old enough to hold the joystick. I was never very fond of Pac Man anyway, but I don't remember it being so terrible to my 5 year old self. And Bayonetta got WAY better after the install patch, it was really bad at first, but fine after installing.
  • scsmith1 - September 6, 2010 5:37 p.m.

When I was a kid I had a 2600 and Pac Man. And yes it was awful. I've been playing Mercenaries 2 on my Xbox 360 and it doesn't look that horrible.
  • CARDYKEV - September 6, 2010 5:14 p.m.

Surprised the pc port of GTA IV wasn't worth a mention and i guess sadly that is why there are currently no plans to port RED DEAD :(
  • DannyZuko - September 6, 2010 4:20 p.m.

Mieks good article if i remember it correctly in Final fight: In Japan Poison is a Pre-op tranny. In America she's post op. And in the European release she was replaced with sid and billy. http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Poison
  • rxb - September 6, 2010 4:05 p.m.

Good read, very funny. Also Dave I thought we were 'internet friends' but that picture of poison means I have to think things over.
  • batmanboy11 - September 6, 2010 3:16 p.m.

Good list. (Or should I say bad list?)
  • DarkTone - September 6, 2010 3:07 p.m.

SPOILER! That zombie with the diet coke is the final boss.
  • Sala106 - September 6, 2010 2:56 p.m.

Wow to think i was actually thinking about getting Mercs 2 For PS2, Good thing i bought a X Box 360 Before i made my decision
  • n00b - September 6, 2010 2:48 p.m.

wait, wasn't platinum games first game MadWord for wii?
  • thefreakysurgeon - September 6, 2010 2:39 p.m.

oh, and that videogame store is close to where i live
  • thefreakysurgeon - September 6, 2010 2:38 p.m.

Dude... a videogame store that sells used Atari 2600 games actually has Pac-Man... and E.T.
  • 8bitBaby - September 6, 2010 2:30 p.m.

"sigh"... i had that atari version of pac man. sooooo disappointing.