Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• Conman93 - May 24, 2010 5:57 p.m.

Very intresting article, even if I could predict most of the entries. I think that Resi 5 really improved on the mercenaries mini-game, but thats about it.
  • jpalz - May 24, 2010 5:41 p.m.

I forgot: Rock Band 2. Great game, but nearly identical to Rock Band 1.
  • jpalz - May 24, 2010 5:38 p.m.

I thought that maybe Guitar Hero 3 could have made the list, or any of their band spinoffs. Sure, they can be pretty fun (specially Metallica), but in the end they're nothing more than glorified track packs. Ditto for Lego Rock Band :P
  • Ded - May 24, 2010 5:37 p.m.

DMC2.. Hideki Kamiya didn't direct it.. that was asking for trouble from the start. And you're so right about Soul Calibur IV, I got my 360 just for that game, as I was such a fan of the first Dreamcast one.. such a disappointment (the game, not the console). My favourite character Ivy was turned into an abomination :(
  • junkheep - May 24, 2010 5 p.m.

im gonna say the lego games no matter if its the star wars versons or batmen and the other there all the same id say
  • IronGuy410 - May 24, 2010 4:49 p.m.

i think just a new story and tighter controls are enough for me. and maybe a few new abilities and some interesting characters, but i'm not really picky as far as sequels go as long as they're just as fun or more fun than the first game. like resident evil 5 or mua2.
  • ventanger - May 24, 2010 4:31 p.m.

I'm going to get boo'd, but Gears of War 2. It added in many more on-rails events where the objective to not die was impossibly vague (shoot the locust in the cockpit, kill the corpsers FROM RIGHT TO LEFT). It made every attempt to inject some cinematic atmosphere, at the cost of enjoyable gameplay. To top it all off, your AI partner was slightly dumber.
  • garnsr - May 24, 2010 4:24 p.m.

I liked Samurai Warriors, it had some additions that as far as I know never made it into Dynasty Warriors, like having several different missions you could choose, or miss. Dynasty seems even simpler than that pretty simple game, I don't know how they've produced so many.
  • Spacegrass - May 24, 2010 4:18 p.m.

I thought the clothes changing in Soul Calibur IV was the worst thing about it; I bought the game to fight, not to play dress-up.
  • dslayer99 - May 24, 2010 4:08 p.m.

lol i have every dynasty warriors game and the only difference is the graphics!
  • Chewrocka - May 24, 2010 3:50 p.m.

I think you could argue that all though the options for Soulcal IV's character creations were less the actual depth was much greater. Different gear granted different attributes and abilities, I have like 6 of the same character because each does something different. And I think MarioKart Wii might have been a better choice, they tried to ad TONS of stuff to it and it just ended up a disappointing mess that shames MarioKart64.
  • Eaxis - May 24, 2010 3:41 p.m.

This is a great top 7.
  • johngrybos - May 24, 2010 3:41 p.m.

Typo @ RE5: 'falir' rather than 'flair'
  • TyeTheCzar - May 24, 2010 3:38 p.m.

I seriously hope Sengoku Basara will be a true Dynasty Warriors-killer when it finally comes out over here.
  • CARDYKEV - May 24, 2010 3:37 p.m.

Wish Splinter cell conviction was on this list
  • allthegoodnameswheretaken - May 24, 2010 3:34 p.m.

>It's simple if the demand is inelastic, drill that shit, and keep pumping out sequels. Lol economics I have several dynasty warrior games you cannot tell the difference between them And in some cases the get worse
  • sgloomy - May 24, 2010 2:47 p.m.

I think there shouldn't be any major improvement if the game is working (i.e. God of War III, SSF4) but if there are flaws with the first game, they HAVE to be addressed in the sequel (Assassin Creed 2).
  • gilgamesh310 - May 24, 2010 2:39 p.m.

Why exactly isn't Halo 2 or 3 on this list. Surely if Resi 5 is there than at least one of the Halo sequels should be. The only improvement that Halo 2 had over the original was duel weilding and absolutely nothing else besides. The story developed into a convoluted mess. I long for the day when the halo sequels are shown up for what they really are.
  • spencerisgod1990 - May 24, 2010 2:02 p.m.

i felt like Red Dead Redemption is a sequal to GTA4, its the exact same game in the west, with regenerating health, horses mixed with a few more minigames that you think is brillient till you remember darts and bowling from gta got old quick. you only do them for the achievements/trophies. ReCAPTCHA: the claims
  • nadrewod999 - May 24, 2010 1:38 p.m.

I just hope ACIII, SW:TFU, and inFamous 2 don't eventually end up on a list like this one. Ezio FTW!!! XD (just realized that, if you take out the W and the : from the acronym for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, it reads STFU! Take that, n00bs!)