Topics

Top 7

• TehKnuck - July 31, 2011 1 a.m.

Seeing Dark Wizard at least mentioned in this article via box art at the end makes my heart happy. I spent HOURS playing that game in middle school.
  • thochaos - May 21, 2011 8:33 a.m.

Shining and Force and Shenmue are what I want back!
  • Gob - May 14, 2011 9:34 p.m.

I play Orta on my 360 on occasion, and was extremely taken with it when I first got it for Xbox original. It, and Jet-Set need to return, badly.
  • bast902 - May 14, 2011 3:48 p.m.

I'd kill for a new panzer dragoon, or at the very least, a release of Orta on xbox live originals, as i can not for the life of me come across a disc copy for sale anywhere.
  • rxb - May 13, 2011 1:30 p.m.

I would do a hate crime for a new Jet Set Radio
  • darksongbird - May 12, 2011 5:15 p.m.

The majority of these games I've never played. I have experienced Toe Jam & Earl (which isn't that great) and Streets of Rage (fun beat em up) but just about all the others I've never had a chance to even get into. I bet most of them are fun though! And the music to Panzer Dragoon was kick ass!!
  • Tomsta666 - May 12, 2011 8:11 a.m.

What? NO ALEX KIDD??? Absolutely unforgivable
  • MtnMax99 - May 12, 2011 12:48 a.m.

Toy Commander is overall my favorite game of all time
  • 80sMullet - May 11, 2011 11:54 p.m.

As always - great podcast but I have to raise an issue - I'll post this here because someone might read it - make your website easier to navigate. It's like someone handed it over to the programmers with no real people filter.
  • Jayseph - May 11, 2011 9:51 p.m.

The original Toejam and Earl is one of my most favouritist games of all time. I'd love to see them back in a new adventure. Hate the idea about making them more 'relevant' though. That would be just plain embarrassing, like your dad trying to be cool, talking about "hippety-hop" I loved Shining Force and it's proper sequels and I've been pining for that franchise ever since my Saturn. I was heartbroken when SF3 Parts 2 and 3 didn't get a Western release. Valkyria Chronicles is a worthy spiritual successor but it's just not the same without Slade and Gerhalt tearing the place up.
  • Wolfman3000 - May 11, 2011 7:08 p.m.

#6 should be #1 and #2-7 should be streets of rage.
  • LBD_Nytetrayn - May 11, 2011 6:53 a.m.

What? No Alex Kidd? And to everyone who keeps saying Power Stone (or Breath of Fire), the list is for SEGA's franchises, not everyone else.
  • JBizFoShiz - May 11, 2011 6:37 a.m.

The reason Sega makes movie games is because they're guaranteed money-makers (to be fair, they're not USUALLY outright terrible - just not good games) Did you read the article? I love JSR and JSRF as much as the next guy, but they flopped HARD. I bought Jet Grind on day one. My friend waited until it was $10... The fact is, other than Sonic, Sega has nothing going for it in the 2011 mainstream. Also, unsure if an earlier comment took care of this, but the Power Stone series belongs to Capcom, not Sega. Skies of Arcadia is a game I'd like to revisit or have a sequel made of...but that too flopped big time. Or imagine a revamped Jet Set Radio with online gameplay. So. Much. Drool.
  • DeathbyFira - May 11, 2011 2:27 a.m.

Dude JetSetRadio is sooooo awesome one of my favorite games of all time and alot of people missd out on this and i wish i could go on a Jay and Slient bob bender and punch them in the nuts for that this game so needs to come back i love it if they made a new one of crap a ds or psp remake
  • jasonn1231 - May 11, 2011 1:02 a.m.

um SHENMUE ANYONE????
  • Modroneman - May 10, 2011 9:24 p.m.

I used to own a copy of Shining Force for the Sega Saturn. Bought it for $80, but I sold it a couple of years ago for $120.
  • DizzyDial - May 10, 2011 9:19 p.m.

Shenmue, Power Stone, and above all else, Skies of Arcadia.
  • CoryM1134 - May 10, 2011 7:48 p.m.

Supah Blothas! I had my Dreamcast out a few weeks ago and played through JGR again. The controls and camera show their age, and the game is really short (if you don't spend a lot of time with time trials, etc.). Given a good team, though, a brand new one could be amazing. There is just something about playing JGR that you can't get from any other game, ever.
  • Zanthis - May 10, 2011 5:37 p.m.

Yes, we need more Jet Grind Radio
  • bulletswine - May 10, 2011 5:29 p.m.

I'd give up my left nut for a new Jet Set Radio game!