Topics

Nintendo Top 7

• RepublicOfDave - August 31, 2010 6:06 a.m.

Those CD-I videos never fail to make me laugh. Great Top 7 Henry.
  • wcatdoor - August 31, 2010 4:41 a.m.

Legend of zelda oracle of seasons brings bak some good memories
  • ShrimpyMan - August 31, 2010 2:36 a.m.

I think Earthbound (Mother 2) should be on this list =(
  • batman5273 - August 31, 2010 1:46 a.m.

Awesome top 7 list, cant wait to hear what the guys say about it in TalkRadar 117
  • SausageLozenge - August 31, 2010 1:11 a.m.

I think Nintendo made the right decision by going with Phillips instead of Sony.
  • gamewriter - August 31, 2010 1:07 a.m.

No suprise that ssb was on there and pokemon durrr
  • Thuperman - August 31, 2010 12:54 a.m.

Great list Henry every choice was spot on but i probably would have made DKC higher but thats just because i love that game so much
  • Silentboy - August 31, 2010 12:44 a.m.

DINNER!
  • WickedSid - August 30, 2010 11:43 p.m.

Why Henry, Why? I had just forgotten about those CDi games. Ha, I love you Henry.
  • EsotericFerret - August 30, 2010 11:33 p.m.

I never really knew that Pokemon started as a Nintendo game. I always thought it was a cartoon or something first and then turned into a video game. Learn something new everyday. Thanks Henry.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - August 30, 2010 11:33 p.m.

How come Metroid Prime isn't on here? Come on, guys. and yay, CD-I Zelda again. That never gets old. NEVER. Me and my friend still quote those AWFUL cutscenes from time to time- for comedic, effect, of course.
  • Onepersonwithnoopinion - August 30, 2010 11:27 p.m.

Oh that makes sense.
  • mahabat - August 30, 2010 11:22 p.m.

i could have sworn that retro was a second party i.e. under contract for only wii games but still able to make their own stuff
  • Thequestion 121 - August 30, 2010 11:04 p.m.

Great list. I think I've played all of them.
  • Crabhand - August 30, 2010 10:37 p.m.

This is a great top 7 list, one of the few lists where I actually played a majority of the games ;) I was also expecting Metroid Prime, but I wasn't aware Nintendo purchased them prior to the release. Very prudent move on Nintendo's part. And Pokémon is definitely deserving of that number one spot. I loved it as a kid and I love it today as a grown ass adult. Then again, I suppose I can say the same about all of these games =P
  • CH3BURASHKA - August 30, 2010 10:36 p.m.

@Imgema: Retro was acquired in May 2002, and released Prime in November 2002. Technically, they were first party at the time of release.
  • CH3BURASHKA - August 30, 2010 10:32 p.m.

I remember the Game Freak logo at the beginning of Red/Blue, but I didn't know that they weren't part of Nintendo at the time. Just as fascinating as the Pokemon phenomenon is the DKC "phenomenon". What was a simple platformer about a dude climbing up a tower spawned an entire franchise, complete with its own lore, characters, Mario-calibre items and powerups, etc etc etc. Rare most assuredly blew Donkey Kong out of the water with Country. I wonder if they'll ever allow another studio to take a crack at a real Mario game. Personally, I think they won't.
  • Khatru - August 30, 2010 10:13 p.m.

Great Top 7! I loved the Pokemon section!
  • JADENkOTOR - August 30, 2010 10:12 p.m.

GOLDENEYE trumps everything on your list... While Rare had an exclusive publishing deal with Nintendo, it wasn't owned by Nintendo. And DKC should be #2
  • Imgema - August 30, 2010 9:57 p.m.

Seriously, tell me that you forgot about Metroid Prime by mistake. Dudes, METROID PRIME! The best Nintendo game made by a third party, ever! Also, i agree with Shigeru Miyamoto about F-Zero GX. It was a great game, but not nearly as good as F-Zero X.