• santaclouse37 - November 1, 2010 7:52 p.m.

Where the hell is the one-hit kill of The End from MGS3? His wheelchair explodes for God's sake!
  • JohnDagger - November 1, 2010 5:59 p.m.

I loved the one hit kill from Spiderman 2 against Mysterio. He had like five health bars fill up before the fight and when you punch him just once they all drain to zero and the death cut scene begins. I laughed so hard the first time that happened.
  • TNK2 - November 1, 2010 5:57 p.m.

For Resident Evil 4 u should of put the Salazar battle because u can kill him in 1 hit with the rocket launcher. I just notice something, u can kill every boss in Resident Evil 4 in 1 hit with the Rocket Launcher lol. wow. The game could make the whole top 7 list of one-hit kill bosses.
  • matt588 - November 1, 2010 5:47 p.m.

yeah I have to ask, did anyone just use 1 bullet at the end of red dead redemption? it seems like everyone says they shot the guy until the clip runs out, with the high power pistol for poetic justice
  • Samuel870 - November 1, 2010 5:46 p.m.

Agree with Pruman completely. Paxton Fettel should have been on this list!
  • Aletheon - November 1, 2010 5:44 p.m.

Platinum games has delivered 2 of the greatest action games of this generation. Vanquish is perfection!!! That final gunshot scene reminds me of something you'd see in MGS4.
  • Tfish - November 1, 2010 5:35 p.m.

Even though mysterio from spider man 2 was 1 punch and not 1 shot, I think it deserves honorable mention. I remember freaking out right before that fight when his energy bar charged up like 8 times.
  • FalconMbuster - November 1, 2010 5:28 p.m.

You know, these endings usually are the most satisfying. During most boss fights, your so busy trying not to die/causing death that you miss what your last hit was. #7 is still my favorite though. Love that campy witch.
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - November 1, 2010 5:05 p.m.

@frootaloom For me that was like a ten shot kill, then like 30 shots from my shotgun to push his carcass into the river. Damn I hated that guy.
  • XSgtShootemupX - November 1, 2010 5:02 p.m.

Part of me wants to say The Boss on MGS3. That last moment where everything but the wind is Silent, Snake just standing over her with The Patriot pointed at The True Patriot's head. But I suppose I do have to take into account that actual fight before hand.
  • NeelEvil - November 1, 2010 4:43 p.m.

Mysterio should have been in, the way it builds up with his 10 tier energy bar just so you can puch him once was hilarious. And to VTheSystemV, the article was called one-hit kills, not shot.
  • Crabhand - November 1, 2010 4:40 p.m.

I would argue Lucian in Fable II. True, many people disliked that ending, but I thoroughly enjoyed what it represented. While Jack of Blades was an epic sling arrows until dead boss fight, Lucian was just a regular man whose ambition had nearly doomed Albion. You were a hero, you survived the very same fate, but the days of the heroes of old were long gone, and Lucian being a fairly pedestrian villain signified that. It's also more humorous to let Reaver do it.
  • VTheSystemV - November 1, 2010 4:17 p.m.

I would have said Mysterio from Spider-Man 2, but that's a punch, not a shot. Dammit.
  • Pruman - November 1, 2010 4:04 p.m.

I can't believe they left off Paxton Fettel in F.E.A.R. Near the end of the game, you go into a dream/possession sequence, and see him kneeling on the floor. Thinking it was just another hallucination, I blasted him in the face, only to snap back to the real world and watch his body go tumbling against the wall. The Replica forces all being frozen in place after his death only adds to the eerieness. Also...yanking the knife in MW2 is way better. I've never gotten more into a QTE, and nearly broke my keyboard hammering the E key!
  • Felixthecat - November 1, 2010 4:03 p.m.

DanteofFlorence already said it.
  • ninjastovall0 - November 1, 2010 3:56 p.m.

i mean after all that sexual tension between them. her constantly being grabbed and taken away and he boldly after her....he just says no thanks. Darn you Ada wong, it was really just all for you.!
  • KnightDehumidifier - November 1, 2010 3:49 p.m.

You forgot about a classic, Naval the Piranha Plant from Yoshi's Island, where you can bypass the entire boss fight by bouncing an egg to kill the pre-evolved monstrosity. Also to see Kamek flip out over not having a chance to kill you with his magical creation and bailing out.
  • Frootaloom - November 1, 2010 3:49 p.m.

I thought the final kill with Jack at the end of Red Dead Redemption was pretty satisfying, but it's not scripted as a one shot kill. THen again, the guy might not even be considered a boss.
  • tareq - November 1, 2010 3:35 p.m.

What DanteofFlorence said
  • MrAnthonyDR - November 1, 2010 3:25 p.m.

HAH great article