Topics

Top 7

• terdferguson - April 17, 2009 9:15 p.m.

First of all the onion is a satirical news source so they meant the opposite trust me they said that Obama committed a double homicide, also I find assassin's creed is a great game and Pokemon was fun then not then i picked it up again then it sucked and now I'm glad I don't play it.
  • tehsandvich - April 17, 2009 2:49 a.m.

I like all of them (except space girrafe never played it)
  • Pkmntrainer - April 13, 2009 10:10 p.m.

Ok the person doing the negetive reviews of these games is probably the person who would READ A BOOK other than play a video masterpiece and if you dont have any thing nice to say about great video games dont say any thing (or type anything) at all.
  • Nevingunner42 - March 30, 2009 10:16 p.m.

Nooo way assassins creed rocks
  • thepageman2 - March 28, 2009 5:47 p.m.

I played assassins creed i liked it at 1st but it got repetitive in the killing style after a while.. but that happens with all games like wanted:weapons of fate(knife kills) and turok(knife kills)... I cant wait and see a game that never has the same type of kill.. and yes ik tht is pretty much impossible but whatever i can imagine
  • mitch10022 - March 23, 2009 10:45 p.m.

assassins creed is a awsome game
  • CLEIP - March 23, 2009 10:05 p.m.

All of these games are great, exept that giraff thing, well actually i haven`t played it so i don`t know.
  • noobmasteroftehworld - March 22, 2009 12:38 a.m.

i don't think that the christian reviewers even actually played the games. How some one can consider something so pure and fun like pokemon or GH/RB as evil is beyond me. I think that with my experience as a catholic and a rampant gamer, i can say that those reviews were complete BS
  • LazerrsGoPewPew - March 21, 2009 2:55 p.m.

Assasins Creed is Fun, but after you beat the game there isn't much you can do.
  • DabilahroNinja - March 20, 2009 11:23 p.m.

PIKACHU WILL EAT SMALL CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!
  • gmilf71 - March 20, 2009 10:22 p.m.

I must be the only one who's half way with halo. I only kinda like it. the rest were totally true though. espesially rock band/guitar hero. or as southpark and i call it, guitar queero. someone always gets pissed when i dis that game, so noone even bother posting a comment to try to insult me.
  • NinjaCake - March 20, 2009 3:17 a.m.

in my opion i liked assassians creed even if it was a bit dry, but halo is one of my favorites. it's not a pile of shit, but it's not jesus sauce either it moderatly enjoyable mainly becauses bungie updates it unlike most companys that forget about their games in a year
  • Roast_Pork - March 19, 2009 11:43 p.m.

The most notable game so far is Doom & Doom II; Word!!!
  • Red - March 19, 2009 3:05 p.m.

Dead Rising is one of my all time favorites. I think it would have gotten 10's all around if not for two specific issues. How easy it is to be interupted when talking to Otis on the radio, and the near mind-numbingly bad AI survivors. Everyrthing else really is small patatos in comparison. The small text really isn't THAT bad.
  • theschwartzb - March 18, 2009 10:16 p.m.

with what rtechie said about how the people who were bashing music games, and how they are probably upset that less people will play real instruments because of the game. i started playing guitar hero a year or two ago, and although im sad to say it took me this long, but about a week ago i went out to buy a guitar to learn how to play, and i probably never would have actually gotten around to trying out a real guitar if i had not first played guitar hero.
  • rtechie - March 18, 2009 10:09 p.m.

I'd like to point out that the criticism of Guitar Hero/Rock Band is very unfair. If you read the negative "reviews" posted you'll see that all the posters are musicians that don't play video games. They're basically luddites that feel that the game is "threatening" to them in some way and somehow discourages their kids from playing real instruments. Not one of them played the game themselves. In fact, there is strong evidence that the exact opposite is true. Sales of rock instruments like electric guitars (especially cheap ones) have spiked since Guitar Hero was released. Anecdotally, I've heard a number of stories about kids picking up gutars after playing Guitar Hero. All of the other games on this list are the subject of legitmate disputes among GAMERS, but the people attacking Guitar Hero don't play video games at all. I'd also point out that many of these games are niche games, like Space Giraffe and Pokemon. The "they suck" side is vastly larger than the "they're aweseome" side becasue these games are delibertly designed to appeal to a small "hardcore" niche. Dynasty Warriors is the classic example of this. Halo was better than any other console FPS when it was released. The only really legitimate criticism of Halo was/is the general criticism that the control scheme (gamepad) was unsuitable for FPS gameplay (vs. mouse + keyboard). The mouse + keyboard people are right, gamepad control of FPS' sucks.
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - March 18, 2009 9:19 p.m.

ive never met anyone who was good at halo who didnt like it, and im not an xbox fanboy i was sony till ps3 i couldnt afford it
  • jmtinfinitet - March 18, 2009 8:44 p.m.

dood, the_lurcher chill out who cares if people put nice article, how can you say you know someone didn't read it? your just going to assume that with no evidence? ok...? wow, you really showed them didn't you and you've obviously stopped the nice article posts now haven't you? be smart and just express your humble opinion and move on with your life without putting in your unnecessary negative input. thanks.
  • chucknorris - March 18, 2009 1:53 p.m.

assassins creed-good, but gets too repetive. Gh/RB- i think there fun for parties, but not alone. killzone2-i never played it because i dont have a ps3, but it looks really fun. space giraffe- never played it. never even heard of it. pokemon-the first 150 were awrsome then they killed it. deadrising-save system is terrible,but other then that a fun game. halo-i have an xbox360,and i think halo isnt that fun. i mean its just a futuristic shooter. if you want really good multiplayer. play call of duty 4 or call of duty WAW
  • P0ck3tC1am - March 18, 2009 1:43 p.m.

Oh and all those other games Assassins Creed-Loved it. but to repetitive Dead Rising- loved it. but I had to beat it like 6 times to get the true ending Guitar Hero/Rock band- I don't want to hear how fast you can press five buttons, or you amasingly listen to rap and auto maticaly know a song from the 80's that you heard on the game and then you liked it, No you don't like rock, you just know the song from a game. assholes need to leave the rock alone, no wonder whay rap is dying your runing out of things to talk about in rhyme. Pokemon-....It was fun....when i was 12, Its becoming the Power Rangers with its 2 billion seasons. The other games I have yet to play, they look fun. LEAVE ROCK ALONE! IN THE WORDS OF BRIAN JOHNSON: "ROCK AND ROLL AIN'T NOISE POLUTION, ROCK AND ROLL AIN'T GONNA DIE!" for all you nobodies what is the name of that song and classic rock band sang this song, if you guess it right you get two tickets to the "awsomely cool show" and good news they have on-stage passes!