Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• joshquixote - July 27, 2009 11:56 p.m.

Hey, I love beat-em-ups! The X-Men and Turtles arcade games were the greatest thing ever when I was a kid, simply because my brothers and even my dad would all play them together. However, I do remember the Godzilla NES game, and as a Godzilla fan, I was heartbroken over how much it sucked. At least DuckTales and Darkwing Duck were awesome licensed NES Disney games...
  • WBxRelentless - July 24, 2009 5:07 a.m.

@DabilahroNinja Sonic Adventure 2 Is probably the best sonic game i've played. (not saying much..) THANK YOU! Someone agrees with me that Super Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back is harder than tits. When i was four i remember crying cuz i was soo bad at it and i threw my controller at the t.v. Now i only do that when i play with immature people online on sports games. XD
  • Dyfan - July 10, 2009 4:23 a.m.

BTW, for FFVII... you forgot to mention that the game has a horrible glitch which prevents Magic Defense from functioning properly. which dosen't really matter because the game is damn easy in the first place.
  • kodesy - April 20, 2009 3:14 a.m.

Tell 'em GR, FF VII is over-rated..Legend of Dragoon was better AND it was a larger game..FF VII STILL sells for ridiculous prices USED for chist sakes! Chrono Trigger and the Breath of Fire games were WAAAY better I'd say..Squaresoft gems before the advent of Square Enix (and PSX) and it's reliance on "Never-ending" Fantasy games (though Star Ocean is wicked)..they just never seem to be "Final", do they? Let them go goddamnit. Best thing to come from FF VII was the Advent Children CGI movie
  • Jedekai - March 31, 2009 8:23 a.m.

Wow. Every damn thing I've said since the mid-90's. Right there. Aerith/Aeris' death was better... When it was Nei in Phantasy Star II in 1989. I thought the idea of having a character who suffers from amnesia and doesn't realize he never did anything he remembers was great also... In Ultima VII: The Black Gate in 1991. The fact that the main villain was a spell was even cooler... You see where this is going? The most original idea that Final Fantasy VII had going for it was that Nintendo's 64-bit cartridge-based travesty would have been the perfect place for 8,354 ideas that were outdated before the game started development. I don't know which is WORSE: That this won the Association for Idiotic Aggregate Sales (AIAS you illiterate Ritalin junkie products of the Helicopter School of Parenting) Game The Year against THREE (!!!) games that were so groundbreakingly original they're STILL considered the most original titles seen, twelve years later! Palm greasing is the only way to explain how this beat Fallout (Fallout 3), System Shock (You know System Shock 3 as "Bioshock") and Panzer Dragoon: Zwei (Panzer Dragoon Saga)- all of which were games that had stories that NEVER resorted to drivel to get you to keep playing with pretenses of "Happily Ever After" - you played through them knowing that the end would be as far from rainbows and kittens as humanly possible. That BAD STUFF was going to happen. That YOU MOST LIKELY WILL NOT make it out alive. But you had to keep playing, if you didn't you'd think you let the protagonist go through Hell for no reason. Square did that in Final Fantasy 3 (not 6 - I live in a proper country where we don't purchase underage girls' panties from vending machines) and has never returned to that form since. If they did maybe I'd respect them more than just "That company that makes pretty cutscenes and has everyone look like they were in an Old Navy/Hot Topic that got hit by a tornado."
  • ALazyMonkey - March 28, 2009 11:44 p.m.

I actually thought the sonic adventure games were good, and I think that today. People need to chill, it is just final fantasy... you don't need to say all your opinions on how you like the game in a paragraph, just say you thought it was good.
  • doolahee - March 21, 2009 6:49 a.m.

Actually i think GR just writes these to piss people off because they have nothing else to write about and people like me comment on them because we have nothing else to do.
  • vine1313 - March 21, 2009 5:50 a.m.

While I love FF VII, I have to agree wIth some of the comments made by GR. To me it was no shock when Aeris died, I actually was surprised more when I talked to friends about it and they were devastated that they killed her. I didn't, and still don't, understand all the hype surrounding her, she is a good character, but disposable. I also have to agree that FF VII has been put on such a high shelf, some 12 years after being released, that it is in the way of new and better games from being the standard by which all games strive to surpass. It was revolutionary for its time, but that was 12 years ago, let it go people. This game is the reason for a lot of the really bad games out there. For examples, just go to your local Video game stores, all the games that they have Used. If they have more then five copies of it Used in their store, it is a bad game, and probably because it used FF VII as a guide.
  • jimsondanet - March 17, 2009 2:59 p.m.

hmm yes couldnt have said it better myself, sephiroth was an intimidating character. he actually inspired dread. kefka, however, was a clown. a freaking CLOWN!!!
  • XNewAgeWarriorx - February 10, 2009 5:23 p.m.

im playing ff7 now.... for the first time (yes shock) beacuse of all the crap rpgs being released nowdays. its a great game so far and dusnt seem to be letting up the pace one bit
  • Slaanash - February 9, 2009 10:04 p.m.

I think your sort of missing the point. FF7 is better then GR is saying, but not nearly as good as your saying it is.
  • njdevils09 - February 1, 2009 12:44 a.m.

Final Fantasy VII is WAAAAAAAAY better than you guys make it out to be. The story was great, the gameplay was incredibly deep (when you finally found some incredible combination of materia that worked well against Sephiroth, it was pretty freaking rewarding), AND Aerith is better understood after playing Crisis Core, but I did walk away from the game knowing that she was way more than just some face. Please note: I played and beat this in 2007 for the first time ever. I had an N64, not a PS1 (unfortunately) so I played it on my PS2. It's my second favorite game of all-time, only to FFX. It's truly a matter of preference, but if you're really into RPGs, you'd be a fool not to appreciate the sheer depth (visually and gameplay-wise) of this game. Perhaps you don't like it, but I don't like Zelda at all. I think Zelda should be number 1 on your list. Ocarina of time, actually. Why? Because I don't like it. At all. Oh wait, I don't like adventure games that much and that's a completely unfair assessment of a game I've barely even played. Maybe I should apply for a job here.
  • leftnostril - July 27, 2009 3:11 p.m.

i can see that most of the people here played final fantasy and forgot how bad it was...
  • Cyberninja - July 24, 2009 8:32 p.m.

i love Sonic advanture if you dont like it dont talk about it but to me it was a great for Dreamcast period.
  • PlatypusFan - July 24, 2009 1:07 p.m.

i might not have any room to tak because ive never played FFVII but i did look up aeris dying and i thought it was pretty funny then i see all the comments about how it was so suprising and shocking but i mean get over it its just a video game also the graphics for it werent even that good
  • RickyV300 - July 24, 2009 2:59 a.m.

FF7 was good, sorta... i did think that Aerith was nothing but a odd character though...
  • Kotsu - July 24, 2009 1:06 a.m.

I finally found FFVII earlier this year in a random game store. I think I payed about $30 for it (along with the strategy guide. It was worth every penny. I made it halfway through the game when I finally got my PS3. So I restarted and I don't care re-seeing the story. I am glad that I played Crisis Core beforehand though. Sucks that you can buy it on PlayStation Network now for only $10 now though.
  • Frostfire - July 20, 2009 5:29 p.m.

Ya know this really made me see the light, I love ff7 and still do but now that i think about it ff6 was much better. Almost every ff7 character adheres to some stereo type(with the exception of Cid who can be quite interesting), and while the materia system is awesome I'd pick espers any day.
  • Danomeon - July 8, 2009 11:59 p.m.

Argh. I love how many Final Fantasy fanboys have ravaged these commenting boards, too stupid to realise that gaming is a complete opinion and that GR is entitled to their own opinion. There is no official "These games are better" meter, and it is complete opinion. GR is only sharing their humble opinion, and yet some people are obviously too stupid to accept the fact that just because people's opinions differentiate from theirs, doesn't mean that said people are idiots. Seriously, angry ranters, grow up, and learn to respect one's opinions rather than screaming your own at these people like they are facts. Then you will look less like a fanboy, and more like a human being capable of compassion and understanding.
  • BattleBuddy - June 22, 2009 7:17 a.m.

FFVII was a good game period. But! I my favorite of the series will always be FFII. Best rpg of all time for me, well that and Chrono Trigger.