• Defguru7777 - August 10, 2010 12:04 a.m.

Figured F-Zero and Sonic would be on here. :)
  • alexcook - August 9, 2010 11:11 p.m.

I'd have to go back and play some of the games, but I always loved the Rush games. I thought they felt pretty fast, but like I said it's been a while. That and I might be letting some bias come in to the picture. Still, Rush 2049 on the stunt tracks... man I loved those games.
  • kachigop - August 9, 2010 9:59 p.m.

Great videos in this article. One of my favorite Top Sevens in a while.
  • Jacko415 - August 9, 2010 8:24 p.m.

Most epic trackmania track ever
  • rxb - August 9, 2010 8:11 p.m.

This top seven was pure class. Mr Towell you've out done youself. Although trying to keep up with those videos almost made me blind. The idea of not being able to here your own engines in Extreme G is inspired. That GT3 glitch nearly had me on the floor laughing.
  • WickedSid - August 9, 2010 8:08 p.m.

Its quite interesting how a lot of videogame scoreboards, top speeds, etc... top out at 2147483647. Take the GT3 Glitch and the Modern Warfare 2 scoreboards for example. I smell a conspiracy! Is it because it is the Largest prime number? Or is it because it is the maximum value for a 32-bit signed integer due to an error? I suspect the Latter. reCaptcha: O(logk) iesbui - I've been found out, Oh no!
  • Weirdjedi - August 9, 2010 7:46 p.m.

I actually looked forward to playing F-Zero GX for a long time. Played it about a year ago and it blew me away. I loved going that fast, but somehow I always found myself flying off screen somewhere. I just hated the controls. The original F-Zero on the SNES will always be a part of my heart. I guess the same could be applied to Sonic Unleashed. I loved the daytime periods, but didn't like it when he became something... else. I could never get used to targeting those homing attacks. Always flew somewhere I didn't want to be.
  • EricBratcher - August 9, 2010 7 p.m.

I can't testify to it being as good as anything else on this list, but I always thought Speed Kings (2003 motorcycle racer from Acclaim on PS2/Xbox/GC) had the velocity going. Also, those damn side-scrolling levels of Battletoads. Folks are tired of hearing about them, true. But they were fast.
  • sklorbit - August 9, 2010 6:53 p.m.

was extreme G on the n64? i remember playing it but it couldnt have been on the gamecube.
  • Metroidhunter32 - August 9, 2010 6:08 p.m.

I would have killed someone if F-zero wasn't on the list. I was expecting it to take first and it's speed being everything else's on this list combined. I might need to pick up Extreme G3 though...
  • cj12297 - August 9, 2010 5:33 p.m.

bit of a boring top 7 this week. no offence JT
  • TheWoolyMammoth - August 9, 2010 5:23 p.m.

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who loved XGRA as well as XG3 =/ Excellent feature Justin, one of my favourite Top 7's for a long while. Really want XG4 now :(
  • iJizzLots - August 9, 2010 5:12 p.m.

Godammit, stop giving me reasons to love you more and more Wipeout HD? hell to the shit yeah
  • LaffPiranha - August 9, 2010 4:41 p.m.

It's times like these I feel ashamed that I never played F-Zero for the GameCube. In my defense, I heard it was mighty tough.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - August 9, 2010 4:20 p.m.

Motorbike at 30 miles an hour and you fall off - it'll shred your legs Motorbike at 60 miles an hour and you fall off - it'll shred your leathers then your legs Motorbike at 100 miles an hour and you fall off - it'll shred your leathers, your legs, the bone the leg was on and probably half your face. IMAGINE WHAT'S GOING TO BE LEFT OF YOU IF YOU FALL OFF ONE OF THOSE BIKES IN EXTREME G3 D':
  • CH3BURASHKA - August 9, 2010 4:01 p.m.

550/33 ~ 15MPH. Are you trying to tell me regular-ass hedgehogs can run 15 miles an hour? I call bullshit. I never knew about the GT3 glitch. That's just fantastic.
  • pin316 - August 9, 2010 3:55 p.m.

aaaaaaaaah, f-zero gx......fond memories of brain-cells being melted
  • CARDYKEV - August 9, 2010 3:50 p.m.

An honourable mention of the wild thing 2000? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrHqiJzd11A&feature=related
  • JoeMasturbaby - August 9, 2010 3:48 p.m.

he doesnt have 20 pop-chart hits and hasnt adopted 3rd world babies, so nobody knows who he is here in the US.
  • GR_JustinTowell - August 9, 2010 3:34 p.m.

Nigel Mansell - not only winner of the Formula One World Championship in 1992, but winner of the Indycar Championship in 1993. The only driver to win both in a row, I believe. Bit of a legend in the UK, and surely not a nobody in the US. Right?