Topics

Top 7

• rockstarsean - November 8, 2010 10:18 p.m.

Dead Space, Little Big Planet, Batman: Arkham... could well be in this list by next year. Interesting to note the number of sequels these have spawned already. Not complaining, I love most of these.
  • SillyPigeon - November 8, 2010 10:13 p.m.

Mass Effect and Uncharted the top 2. Couldn't agree more. Thanks for validating my last 3 years of gaming
  • FanofSaiyan - November 8, 2010 10:12 p.m.

Lets see... Bioshock *check* Mass Effect *check* Uncharted *check* Assassin's Creed *check* Gears of War *DOUBLE CHECK!* Two thumbs up.
  • batmanboy11 - November 8, 2010 10:12 p.m.

Great list. I agree 100%.
  • NightCrawler_358 - November 8, 2010 10:10 p.m.

haha i was gonna rant on how uncharted is gears on steroids, then i went to the third page, and now i don't have to! great list, agree with just about all of them.
  • Phazon117 - November 8, 2010 10:06 p.m.

Fantastic list, agreed with all, except maybe Professor Layton, but I only played the first one.
  • Pyrovizard - November 8, 2010 10:04 p.m.

@BK-201 COD didn't make it because the franchise was started in PS1-PS2 gen, agree pretty much despite not playing half of these because i only own a PS3 but i can't deny that Gears did catch my eye when i first saw it.
  • Darth_Griffin - November 8, 2010 10:03 p.m.

I totally agree with the #1. Mass Effect created a whole new realm of exploration and gameplay. And for the most part, it did things right. Minus the obvious tweaks and issues. Mass Effect will endure as a franchise and as a legacy for gamers. And even those who just enjoy something with a deep story
  • CH3BURASHKA - November 8, 2010 9:59 p.m.

People are always idolizing the olden times, and while I agree that a lot of the best is behind us, there's still plenty of creative juice flowing in the current games industry, as evidenced by this list. All I'm wondering now is, what will stand the test of time? Will Uncharted be remembered in 10 years? Will Left 4 Dead?
  • BK-201 - November 8, 2010 9:58 p.m.

Never got into most of those games, but I have heard of most of them from friends. Would like to see Assassin's Creed higher up the list as it told a compelling story as well as giving a lot of action that was fun, but got kinda repetitive, unless you began looking for ways to kill people that are out of the normal "rush in, create havoc, run for your life." And let me guess why Call of Duty didn't make it, Modern Warfare II and all of it's hacks and modders?
  • AlpineGuy - November 8, 2010 9:57 p.m.

I'm actually surprised you left out Rock Band, but all-in-all this is a great Top 7. I can't wait to hear Brett gush about Mass Effect this Friday. ME2 is suuuuch a good game.
  • n00b - November 8, 2010 9:57 p.m.

i think mass effect 1 was overrated but mass effect 2 is worth game of the year. (even if they gutted out most of the rpg and stats elements)
  • db1331 - November 8, 2010 9:52 p.m.

Oh and I don't know enough about Professor Layton to pass judgment, so I guess what I'm saying is I agree with BioShock and Mass Effect.
  • db1331 - November 8, 2010 9:50 p.m.

Agreed with all except Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, L4D, and Gears.
  • stuartramone - November 8, 2010 9:47 p.m.

good list up to #1. sorry but IMO biowares way overhyped.
  • bonerachieved - November 8, 2010 9:47 p.m.

Agreed, Bioshock and Mass Effect definitely deserve to be in here.
  • taco12324 - November 8, 2010 9:45 p.m.

@ ithurtstopoop Rock Band was included, look at the end of the 3rd page. @ Fishow753 GTFO, ME2 was amazing!
  • D0CCON - November 8, 2010 9:44 p.m.

I saw ME on the picture that came with the article and got more hopeful each time another game let it get closer to number one. I totally agree with it being number one. It is (or was) the best reason to own a 360 (glad to those who only have a PS3 get to join in on half the action now too). I'm already super pumped about the third game and will preorder it ASAP (which would still be in a couple years). The character choice, characters, story, action (especially in the second one) and voice acting are all spectacular. Glad to see GR agrees. And Uncharted is defiantly number 2. I replace Assassin's Creed with one of the games that didn't make it, especially Portal, LBP, or Rock Band.
  • batman5273 - November 8, 2010 9:43 p.m.

Very good article. I am pleasantly pleased that Gears of War made the list.
  • cronoman66 - November 8, 2010 9:42 p.m.

Mass Effect totally deserves first place, I may have put Gears of War higher because of it's impact on third person shooters