Topics

Top 7

• CH3BURASHKA - November 8, 2010 9:59 p.m.

People are always idolizing the olden times, and while I agree that a lot of the best is behind us, there's still plenty of creative juice flowing in the current games industry, as evidenced by this list. All I'm wondering now is, what will stand the test of time? Will Uncharted be remembered in 10 years? Will Left 4 Dead?
  • Darth_Griffin - November 8, 2010 10:03 p.m.

I totally agree with the #1. Mass Effect created a whole new realm of exploration and gameplay. And for the most part, it did things right. Minus the obvious tweaks and issues. Mass Effect will endure as a franchise and as a legacy for gamers. And even those who just enjoy something with a deep story
  • Pyrovizard - November 8, 2010 10:04 p.m.

@BK-201 COD didn't make it because the franchise was started in PS1-PS2 gen, agree pretty much despite not playing half of these because i only own a PS3 but i can't deny that Gears did catch my eye when i first saw it.
  • Phazon117 - November 8, 2010 10:06 p.m.

Fantastic list, agreed with all, except maybe Professor Layton, but I only played the first one.
  • NightCrawler_358 - November 8, 2010 10:10 p.m.

haha i was gonna rant on how uncharted is gears on steroids, then i went to the third page, and now i don't have to! great list, agree with just about all of them.
  • batmanboy11 - November 8, 2010 10:12 p.m.

Great list. I agree 100%.
  • FanofSaiyan - November 8, 2010 10:12 p.m.

Lets see... Bioshock *check* Mass Effect *check* Uncharted *check* Assassin's Creed *check* Gears of War *DOUBLE CHECK!* Two thumbs up.
  • SillyPigeon - November 8, 2010 10:13 p.m.

Mass Effect and Uncharted the top 2. Couldn't agree more. Thanks for validating my last 3 years of gaming
  • rockstarsean - November 8, 2010 10:18 p.m.

Dead Space, Little Big Planet, Batman: Arkham... could well be in this list by next year. Interesting to note the number of sequels these have spawned already. Not complaining, I love most of these.
  • mattchew86 - November 8, 2010 10:18 p.m.

Glad to see Uncharted on here. And Bioshock.
  • 510BrotherPanda - November 8, 2010 10:19 p.m.

DS and Wii are all but forgotten on this list other than Prof. Layton. And what about PSP's Patapon? Does this list require high graphics or story?
  • DataCode - November 8, 2010 10:21 p.m.

i am truly surprised halo was not up there
  • CancerMan - November 8, 2010 10:22 p.m.

Too bad I'll never play Uncharted, and I guess I will eventually play the time sink that is Mass Effect. I have played all the other games on this list and would say Bioshock is my personal favorite (it's soooooo good).
  • CancerMan - November 8, 2010 10:23 p.m.

@DataCode Halo=Last generation, you fool!
  • DataCode - November 8, 2010 10:25 p.m.

what kind of idiot says fool
  • skeletalbutton - November 8, 2010 10:28 p.m.

Yes! Mass Effect wins another meaningless list. I feel so proud of it!
  • SausageLozenge - November 8, 2010 10:38 p.m.

Talk about stirring up the hornets nest. You got balls G-dar! Great big ones!!
  • JADENkOTOR - November 8, 2010 10:39 p.m.

@ Fishow753: You can stop sticking up for PS3, you get to play ME2 shortly if you can just hold out a little longer. @ stuartramone: BioWare overrated? All they do is make quality games... They are the best dev out there and I can't even think of a close second. This was one of the best top 7's in some time and agree with everything on it... I even liked the order which you ranked everything which I can't say that very often. Good shit.
  • elpurplemonkey - November 8, 2010 10:39 p.m.

Great Top 7. I agree with the entirety of this list- especially Mass Effect. ME2 is my game of the year and one of my favorite games of all item. It just had everything- story, characters, fun shooting, RPG depth. A landmark title.
  • Clovin64 - November 8, 2010 10:44 p.m.

This list proves that its not just the old nostalgia-inducing games that should be remembered. This generation has been kick ass so far. As a PS3 owner, I'm eager for Mass Effect 2 to come out on PS3 so that I can see what all the bloody fuss is about. On a final note, I prefered Assassins Creed 1 rather than AC2. Maybe its because Ezio really pisses me off.