Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• DriveShaft - January 6, 2010 1:40 a.m.

I'd like to see Tomba and it's sequel, but considering how rare it is I doubt it.
  • FEMINISTBONER - January 5, 2010 11:09 p.m.

I would love to see an HD remix of SUPER METROID, but since it's Nintendo It will never ever happen, so I will opt for an HD HALF LIFE. PLEASE Valve give me an HD HALF LIFE on 360!
  • DasavageJ - January 5, 2010 10:20 p.m.

Uhm, I couldn't bring myself to really read the article after noticing a certain lack of Final Fantasy, lol. That said I do agree with your choices.
  • SausageLozenge - January 5, 2010 9:55 p.m.

Yes, please to all of these
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - January 5, 2010 7:55 p.m.

I want a HD remake of something cheerful and joyous. You know, the true essence of gaming? Fpoonerisms stw :D
  • jackthemenace - January 5, 2010 7:53 p.m.

OMG, GLaDOS grandma would be feckin creepy! i really wish i was alive more back then, and not, y'know, 6 when the 90's finished :(
  • Zackaro - January 5, 2010 6:31 p.m.

TEKKEN 3!
  • MrKENnedDy - January 5, 2010 6:28 p.m.

Sign me up for a Bushido Blade remake. Hell I'd take the original on PSN should Square and Sony decide to ever release it. The Twisted Metal series needs to make a comeback. Moar vehicular homicide is always a good thing (in video game form).
  • RedOutlive10 - January 5, 2010 4:56 p.m.

GR you could give more love to the Little Big Adventure series. I mean, every time I see people talking about it they bring the subject of when (or if) there will be a sequel... Even though a remake of LBA1 or LBA2 would suffice.
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - January 5, 2010 4:35 p.m.

Ensoul Thanks, i hadn't seen that, the textures look better, too bad they didn't make it look like shadow complex or something like that
  • rxb - January 5, 2010 1:05 p.m.

I loved Bushido Blade. Best thing was getting crippled then winning with a 1 legged lunge attack. Also on a side note Tekken 3 was my favourite.
  • VMPSaberwolf - January 5, 2010 12:22 p.m.

X-wing definetely needs a remake. Heck, I could name ten other games off the top of my head that need one done as well, only because they don't work on newer PCs. I actually enjoyed X-wing vs TIE Fighter and the later X-wing Alliance (TIE Fighter, launched after X-wing, is still one of my all time favorites). I also enjoyed Rebel Assault 1 and 2, even if they were short. Star Trek: A Final Unity was another great game, one of the rare few trekker games where you could pick an away team and actually go to the surface of planets with things to solve. We can't forget of course the two ST:TOS games that came before it, 25th and judgement rites. I'm hoping ST Online turns out to be great.
  • Aquasol - January 5, 2010 11:12 a.m.

I gotta say, considering Bushido Blade's POV Mode, focus on combat and environmental sounds, as well as involving swords-- a Wii remake makes far more sense than a PSN/XBLA release, as Bushido Blade was about combat realism, not visual realism.
  • crumbdunky - January 5, 2010 10:22 a.m.

Great list GR, though UI could NEVER find a copy of the first TM when it came out where I live in the icy wastes of the Lake District. I'd have to add Dino Crisis(1 or 2 doesn't matter but why not both Cappers?)to it, though, to see Regina's bob in shiny, shiny HD(and the T_Rex and crew too)would make me most excitable and bursting with tumescence! But, ah System Shock! IDK if an HD remake wouldn't kill the atmosphere us oldies remember so well, though. Bioshock was an incredible spiritual successor and after it's got it's sequel will there really be any further need to meddle with SS? It's the one I'd worry about messing up the most if I'm honest anyway.
  • Samael - January 5, 2010 8:42 a.m.

Great T7. Like others, I've got to add Soul Reaver to the list. Being the LOK fanboy that I am, it's something I've always wanted.
  • blackknight6918 - January 5, 2010 7:55 a.m.

I'd like an HD remake of final fantasy 7-9 for the ps3 like what they did the god of war 1-2
  • Vagrant - January 5, 2010 7:24 a.m.

YES @ Bushido Blade. It's a shame how the GR guys get so hung up on ye olde polygon graphics. I think the old MGS (and for that matter Parasite Eve and the FFs and the REs) still looks fine. Admittedly crap - in comparison - to current gen. But more than playable enough.
  • Taxtm - January 5, 2010 6:57 a.m.

I'm kinda surprised Sonic wasn't mentioned here. God knows that series has been beaten with a crap stick a million times over. Rather than making all the horrible games that Sega's releasing nowadays that dig the series a far deeper grave, it'd be nice to see them get smart and do what they should have done long ago, and just go back and make an HD version of the original game/games with NOTHING added but graphics. Maybe then, we can be reminded of why we all fell in love with the franchise back then. Of course, seeing as how Sega's done so far, it wouldn't surprise me all that much if they screwed up that project too, to be honest. But, one can always dream...
  • miningguyx360 - January 5, 2010 6:12 a.m.

i love the article but didnt most of these have some kind of successor in HD? system shock- bioshock MGS-MGS4 Twisted Metal- Full Auto/Burnout
  • Ensoul - January 5, 2010 5:32 a.m.

@ ihopethisisnotantistasblood Fair enough, but Rare's site has a comparison shot, and it appears more then just sharper. http://www.rareware.com/games/pdarcade/screenshots/screenshot06.html Other shots also show characters looking far less blocky. It's not Turtles in Time type remake, but it's defiantly not like XBLA's Banjo and Kazooie.