• Smeggs - October 26, 2008 7:01 p.m.

OMG! I had found one of those glowing green arrows above a bench in a tram station! I didn't think much of it though since I couldn't read the darn scribbles.
  • Jason.Darksavior - October 26, 2008 5:28 a.m.

This horror game seems sweet....Wonder if it's creepier than Resident Evil...
  • Samael - October 25, 2008 12:57 a.m.

@Ravenbom I thought the same thing!! When I replayed I saw that I had missed so many items.
  • DopeNose - October 25, 2008 12:52 a.m.

what does that last one mean? my brain hurts
  • tomservo - October 25, 2008 12:31 a.m.

Dead Space is the most intense gaming experience I have had in a long time. Genuinely scary.
  • derringer83 - October 24, 2008 11:52 p.m.

o-monk, if you weren't a gamer nerd, you wouldn't be on this site.
  • oreomonkey - October 24, 2008 11:41 p.m.

u guys talk about it like its real life, gamer nerds
  • GoldenMe - October 24, 2008 10:29 p.m.

Lol, liked the last one. Very nice article GR!
  • atomgrad - October 24, 2008 9:56 p.m.

Cool, I had no idea that was actual language. When I saw it in the game I assumed it was gibberish used only to keep the environments varied and spooky, not actual words and sentences.
  • brothir - October 24, 2008 7:40 p.m.

I. Am. So. Totally. Going. To. Buy. This. Game. Nuff' said.
  • jar-head - October 24, 2008 6:11 p.m.

• lnksmartt - October 24, 2008 2:26 p.m.

interesting feature.
  • magicwalnuts0 - May 5, 2009 1:06 a.m.

@Jarhead "Help: Has Anyone after the military ship being destroyed found a text log ssaying how theirs a rumor of Unitology that they are building Huge "mammoth" sized war ships, by the Thousands in deep space, and how " not one person has ever "confirmed" it? the log itself was just laying around like any other logs, but this made you wander, could Unitology go so far as to build thousands of warships? The log didnt say it would destroy anyone, just the fact that theirs a serious rumor that Unitology is taking it to the next level, by preparing for war." The ships they were building weren't war ships, they were called "mausoleum ships". It said that they took all of the dead bodies of dead unitologists and nobody knows what they do with them. The fake journalist who wrote this message was trying to imply that the bodies went into these massive ships. If you had gotten that message right off the bat you'd realize that that's shocking because their goal in life is to have their bodies united with the marker after they die so they can go to "heaven". So imagine how many monsters would be created from one of those.
  • 88Meters - May 3, 2009 8:41 p.m.

I am not a believer. reCAPTCHA: arguably who
  • horrordudejeff - February 11, 2009 3:08 a.m.

Whoops. Up there I meant to write: ...so that I WOULDN'T see spoilers Sorry about that.
  • lazer007 - January 1, 2009 7:01 a.m.

hi guys now i r 1 ...just got Dead Space today 12-31-08 and i have been on computers a long time..and the games get better and better..and so real you can smell blood on the walls and breath the cold stale air in the ship..let me tell ya i don't play it alone in the dark!..i'm to old to be king..and to nuts to die!!!..love this game wish i could stop sliping on the blood.
  • FatherSiin - September 14, 2009 9:36 p.m.

@Narcase I thought the same thing until i realized that the code meant by the IBELIEVE web page are actually the twelve arrows that glow green when light is shown upon them. if you notice for the +5 power nodes cheat, the code is YXYXXYXXYXXY. Which, resultantly, is twelve characters. So the twelve codes meant by the web page are actually only one code.
  • eawyne - August 14, 2009 10:53 a.m.

That's what making a great game : the background, and the attention given to it's credibility =) I really loved that game
  • horrordudejeff - February 12, 2009 1:16 a.m.

The "True Warrior" text I mention above is found on Level 6 in the map area called "Refrigeration West". It's on the wall just before you enter the zero-grav area. (The room has a stasis recharge unit in it.) The text actually reads "Warrior Truth". I was only able to read this on a 1080p 100" display... so you may have a tough time reading it. Interesting that "Warrior Truth" has twelve characters in it...
  • horrordudejeff - February 11, 2009 2:59 a.m.

Dear Matthew Pellett (and anyone else who cares): I played this game through multiple times in a vacuum... meaning that I steered entirely clear of the internet so that I would see spoilers. Like yourself, I discovered the script and set about excitedly deciphering it. (In my case, I found the "rosetta stone" on Level 6 and went from there... eventually finding my first "green light" message on Level 10.) Here's my issue: after checking and double-checking and triple-checking (on the 360 version), the green arrow on Level 12 is indeed pointing to the right. This indicates that the correct button press should be X. Yet every appearance of this "twelve level spanning mystery code" that I have found on web sites (and in your article) lists the last press as Y (or Triangle on the PS3). Any idea why? Did I miss the "true" level 12 message somewhere? I found my level 12 message on the wall in the left-hand side of the "lock down room" that you enter just after the big fight around the bridges. Also: did you find the green "True Warrior" text on Level 6? It's the only other text (beside the 12 secret arrows) I have found in the game that appears green under weapons lighting. In any event, nice work on the article. You weren't the only one out there sucked into the unitology script easter egg hunt!