• Conman93 - December 19, 2009 11:36 a.m.

I should probably get batman sometime next year Great awards. Couldnt madworld have possibly been mentioned for the gore award. Thats a pretty gory game
  • Cwf2008 - December 19, 2009 8:13 a.m.

Honestly though Arkham Asylum got boring fast. Repetitive combat, copy and paste generic villians...why is it GOTY again when there are far more deserving titles?
  • Vagrant - December 19, 2009 7:25 a.m.

Most Oh shit moments should've been the other way around. And Uncharted 2 or Episodes from Liberty City deserves game of the year. Batman does not. Also I'm glad that stupid ass Assassin's Creed 2 didn't come close. Otherwise; an enjoyable reeeeead.
  • oufour - December 19, 2009 6:07 a.m.

my GOTY? ratchet and clank:a crack ni time R&C is why i bought a ps3, and this game was the best around. i'm getting borderlands soon, so it might take it's palce, but i doubt it.
  • cosmolu - December 19, 2009 5:44 a.m.

That awesome orchestral soundtrack used in The Last Guardian's trailer is actually pulled from the Coen Brother's film Miller's Crossing. The bad news is that it won't likely be featured in the full game. The good news is that you can get the full soundtrack on CD :D
  • edw0027 - December 19, 2009 5:07 a.m.

best touch up should have been riddick
  • Harmonator - December 19, 2009 4:52 a.m.

I have to say that Batman is my GOTY as well, hands down. The predator missions... @.@ *drools* I can't get enough of the stealth in that game... anyways, I love the article, you guys do such a great job!
  • key0blade - December 19, 2009 4:48 a.m.

Damn good year for some gaming, X-Mas is gonna be shit for my wallet AGAIN
  • batman5273 - December 19, 2009 4:37 a.m.

Excellent choice for game of the year!!
  • speno93 - December 19, 2009 3:20 a.m.

great list, been waiting a whole year for this. Love the return of the " most "Oh Shit!" moments" award, classic. Can't wait for 2010's list. Great article and wraps up the years accomplisments nicely.
  • Samael - December 19, 2009 3:14 a.m.

@njdevils Name one (that really hurt the game) bug. Name one part that's "poorly made". Name one thing that's "unpolished". Otherwise, stfu and gtfo.
  • lava_lamp - December 19, 2009 3:01 a.m.

God dammit, thanks for reminding me i still need to get Batman:AA and Punchout!! :P Although I did already get A Boy and His Blob.
  • Cwf2008 - December 19, 2009 2:49 a.m.

Best website that doesnt give in to bias and hyping up...well idk i thought Assassins Creed 2 kicked Arkham Asylums ass so... reCAPTCHA: his Bambi
  • waynski1457 - December 19, 2009 2:29 a.m.

Gyromancer over PvZ??? Bullocks, I say! I'll let it pass for giving Batman GOTY. I still can't believe it took this long to get it right, and then knock it out of the park like Rockstedy did.
  • camelfro - December 19, 2009 2:24 a.m.

great awards so true about deadly creatures even though it was a pretty cool game
  • Yeager1122 - December 19, 2009 2:08 a.m.

Uncharted 2 definteley should have won in my opinion it was better then arkham asylum though arkham was amazing as well.
  • Supermanoh - December 19, 2009 1:59 a.m.

Batman was certainly a surprise, but yes... amazing pacing. My favorite DC comics based game. Definitely. @NJdevils09: ... Name one bug that actually caused you to have to restart your game/console. or one that even changed it at all. because i hunt, and couldn't find one. The only bad thing is that when you're playing the timed challenges, they're not that fun. the pacing is what makes the game that fun.
  • sgloomy - December 19, 2009 1:53 a.m.

I pretty much agree with everything on this list. now thinking back on 2009, there were ALOT f good games and looks like 2010 is going to be good too!!!!
  • linkganon - December 19, 2009 1:46 a.m.

You could have included best download only game of the year, or best downloadables (including games that are in other forms other than download).
  • phoenix_wings - December 19, 2009 1:18 a.m.

There was just something so intensely gratifying about cracking Jokers' goons in the head in slowmo.