• MagicArmadillo - April 2, 2009 7:25 p.m.

what is the song for pacific rift?
  • likedamaster - March 23, 2009 11:54 a.m.

I can come up with better ones than these, seriously wtf?!!
  • jar-head - March 22, 2009 4:10 p.m.

I'm sure Halo ODST will put you on the spot with a couple epic battles that should have been in halo 3, why? Because the chief had to End the war, you, just a regular ODST(the Irony...) Will have to save whats left of earth from the Covenant.
  • Defguru7777 - March 21, 2009 9:12 p.m.

I knew COD 2 would be on here. I always thought that the Halo 3 figurine ads were going for a "History Channel documentary in the future" kinda thing.
  • Heyexclamationpoint - March 21, 2009 12:09 a.m.

Xmen Legends was a fun game!
  • gmilf71 - March 20, 2009 10:13 p.m.

all right quit yer dam whining about motorstorm. it was obvious that you wouldn't jump out of air planes in the game. that's why the thing was filmed in live action. soundtrack was awsome, though. gogol bordello.
  • tumes - March 20, 2009 7:52 p.m.

Hmmmm. Dunno bout all of this. The Halo ad, even if it wasn't representative of the game, was one of the few bits of game advertising that I'd say has some intrinsic value outside of its target audience. I really don't get the hype over the Halo franchise, but I can connect to that ad regardless. I'd say the only one that tops it is the Playstation Double Life ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bqq38WZctA) which has prose so good it makes me shiver. With regard to the Dreamcast, I think it's a bit more clever than they say. It's like saying Obama's slogan of "HOPE" was stupid because life sucks. Life does suck, and regardless of his ability or inability to bring hope it's a good advertisement because it explores possibilities. Same with Dreamcast. To put it another way, the implication is that "Maybe 10,000 people to play with because we're a failed console" is a better slogan because it's truthful. Also, almost no one had the net in '98? I didn't have a router then, but I sure as hell had the net. I'm not trying to be overly critical here, there's some good stuff in the article. It just seems that there are also some weird generalizations and padding that harm the integrity of the article.
  • Spybreak8 - March 20, 2009 6:47 a.m.

COD 2, I've seen, Perfect Dark I haven't! Holy cow she's hot until they show her and then you're like go back to the bed sheets look lol. Gotta love marketing. Oh and the biggest thing here is that you can do a whole lot more not in real time, being a designer and all I would show off the hard work I put in the CGI as well. Still not showing in game footage, as really what the player sees with interface and all, shouldn't be condoned.
  • JohnnyMaverik - March 20, 2009 3:43 a.m.

I don't mind it when they go all artistic like in the perfect dark or Halo 3 adds for example but that HAWK add really gets on my tits, and not very impressed with the golf (cant rememba the name of the game and really dont want to either) either. I meen that HAWK add "representative of actual gameplay", bullshit, ultra fast action, panning camera angles, visuals that look they belong in a Spielburg masterpiece, it'd be great to watch but bloody impossible to run on most machines or more to the point even play. Perfect dark was still an orgasmic game though, and back when I was 10 believe me those graphics didn't look too bad... I'd have shagged her, although come to think of it I wouldent have really known how. I still play it sometimes.
  • coda_ - March 20, 2009 1:54 a.m.

That juice in the perfect dark ad looked effing delicious.
  • IceManYEA - March 19, 2009 10:13 p.m.

Were can i find Perfect dark ad?
  • Jimmyjammy - March 19, 2009 6:24 p.m.

The 'Believe' ad was fantasmagsm but the key was in the name: be-lie-ve. I waited the whole damn game for that fucking level. So disapointed...
  • Furyspittles - March 19, 2009 5:27 a.m.

I'm not trying to jump at the first site of discrimination or anything, but Did anyone else think the perfect dark ad was a little sexist? lol.
  • Yellowhat17 - March 19, 2009 3:33 a.m.

@Cwf2008 If you don't like the site and criticize for the stupidest things, why do you read it? reCaptcha:poten Michelena
  • Stabby_Joe - March 19, 2009 2:58 a.m.

Lost Planet's was also a good example, huge raging battles... but the game was confined to just your character most of the time...
  • noobeater - March 18, 2009 8:46 p.m.

admit the hawx advert looks good tho oh and i kinda liked the halo one u should all see the american banjo tooie advert i think its hilarious...(oh and so is the japenese version of banjo kazooie but ill leave u to find that do tho its great): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBYOfwi7ElQ
  • Yellowhat17 - March 18, 2009 8:21 p.m.

Perfect Dark N64: Awesome game. Even more awesome ad.
  • oryandymackie - March 18, 2009 7:19 p.m.

man, I loved the first MotorStorm. No male in my classroom had ever seen such graphics. On a school trip when we saw the PS3, complete with Motorstorm, we stood, mouths agape, for a full 45 minutes
  • ELpork - March 18, 2009 7:07 p.m.

Ahhhaha, ahhhh, Ohhh COD 2.....
  • RebornKusabi - March 18, 2009 6:21 p.m.

I remember the Perfect Dark ad... I was 11 or 12 at the time so the sex appeal kinda sold me- too bad the game was nothing like that! Did I say "Too bad"? I meant good news, because even though I had gotten the game for sex appeal (Which it didn't have >_>) I stayed for the completely badass and insanely impressive game that it was contained within that cartridge. I consider to this day that the Perfect Dark ad mislead me in a good way- my horny teenage self got a gutpunch for it's stupidity but my gamer self got an awesome game!