• sleepy92ismypsn - April 22, 2010 9:48 p.m.

the first 151 pokemon was the result of japanese guys on acid. ive had sony consoles all my life but if theres one thing nintendo got my money for it was pokemon i had a game boy color and a gb andvance sp and pretty much the only games i bought were pokemon games i bought all of them until the ds versions cuz all i had was a psp and kinda grew out of the pokemon stage. but i collected the cards for years until the end of the 3rd generation was over and i bought like 1000 packs of cards and traded them with friends and started battling them i had some rare ass cards probably like 500 holigraphics. so i may have given nintendo about half the money i ever earned. damn i could really use that money now. but i guess its too late now
  • V13Dragongal - April 22, 2010 9:48 p.m.

Golbat, Venomoth, Machamp, Gyarados, Stantler, Tyranitar, Beautifly, Shrooish, Shedinja, Swalot, Milotic, Banette, and Electivire. Read these discriptions, then imagine them happing to a human. Its pretty weird...
  • CaptainSpatula - April 22, 2010 9:51 p.m.

ugh, this actually creeped me out. mainly because I had a nightmare when I was a child that about 20 Ghastly broke in to my house, killed my parents, and dragged me to hell. This was literally days after I started playing Poke Mans for the first time. I was like 10 or something. But Ghastly still scares the crap out of me.
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - April 22, 2010 10 p.m.

Parasect is a Paras that has been completely consumed by the mushrooms on its back. The origional Paras is just a husk.
  • IIIIIACEIIIII - April 22, 2010 10 p.m.

In Firered/Leafgreen, didn't the Pokedex say something about Hypno stealing a little girl and taking her away so that she was never seen again? And in SSBB, I think Driflooms trophy states that it drags children to hell.
  • thekeith82 - April 22, 2010 10:17 p.m.

...i just threw up in my mouth.
  • lukeskywalkertakingadump - April 22, 2010 10:20 p.m.

Ha the Alakazam one was cool. Also these recaptcha images are fucking with me because I'm on acid.
  • Schnipke - April 22, 2010 10:21 p.m.

The Drifloon thing is almost correct, they try to but are to light to do anything, the Gastly, Duskull, Shedinja and Kadabra ones freak me out, with kadabra's image apparently appearing on tv screens when they're near one.
  • 510BrotherPanda - April 22, 2010 10:24 p.m.

Oh man Brett, you and Tyler should do more of these articles, it was so great! The crazy thing is that quite a handful of the Monsters are straight-up copies of Japanese mythological beasts. Like how Wiscash represents the idea that earthquakes are caused by a dude wrestling a giant catfish. Or that some people think Golduck looks like the water monster Kappa. Speaking of creepy, what about Spiritomb? It's made of 108 "lost, malevolent souls". Like how in a previous TalkRadar you or CHris referenced that possessed guy in the Bible by saying "We are Legion".
  • KnightDehumidifier - April 22, 2010 10:45 p.m.

Here are some Pokédex entries that also kind of worry me: Houndoom: (Gold entry) If you are burned by the flames it shoots from its mouth, the pain will never go away. Kids train these guys, and they can unleash a pain only curable by death if you get burned by one. Ninetales (Red/Blue entry) Very smart and very vengeful. Grabbing one of its many tails could result in a 1000-year curse. So you raise a Ninetales, and you show it to your kid, a family member, friend, etc. They accidentally grab the tail from petting it, and their lives are doomed for a millennium. Should've trained an Arcanine. Koffing: (Red/Blue entry) Because it stores several kinds of toxic gases in its body, it is prone to exploding without warning. So it's a poisonous creature that can also be a floating time bomb? It's entire means of existing is to either die and take anyone with it.
  • symphonicdeathpop - April 22, 2010 10:58 p.m.

Weepinbell: "If its prey is bigger than its mouth, it slices up the victim with sharp leaves, then eats every morsel." I just noticed this one today on SoulSilver. Seriously, isn't that a bit too much <_<
  • EricBratcher - April 22, 2010 11:28 p.m.

I voted for Cubone because of the melancholy horror of its plight. Gruesome is one thing, but poor Cubone is the saddest. It's badly in need of counseling. That said, I'm also personally freaked out by any pokemon that looks like a human - Mr Mime (which can be female - chew on that for awhile), Hitmon-anything, and especially Jinx. They look a little too much like people. Crazy people who live imprisoned in my pocket, babble incoherently like toddlers, and like to fight until someone is unconscious. Which I find terrifying.
  • michaelmcc827 - April 22, 2010 11:44 p.m.

Jesus, Drowzee's desciption is terrifying. Great art again, as always.
  • MrQuatloo - April 22, 2010 11:49 p.m.

The fact that pokemon are sent and stroed in computers has always struck me as odd. Along with the fact that you shove disks in their faces to make them learn mooves.
  • pingyoo - April 23, 2010 2:02 a.m.

Wow, Pokemon rule dude! Gotta catch em all!~ Lou www.anon-web.hitart.com
  • Kytl - April 23, 2010 3:08 a.m.

read Haunter's Ruby pokedex entry, very disturbing
  • arod123456 - April 23, 2010 3:22 a.m.

Lol. Drowzee eats 14-year old's wet dreams
  • gamer5115 - April 23, 2010 3:36 a.m.

@D4rk2triker wat version u playing? all newly hatched i got since lke orig. silver have been lvl.1
  • NanoElite666 - April 23, 2010 4:10 a.m.

Hm, I seem to recall that either Duskull or Dusclops, probably both, had rather unfriendly Dex entries in R/S/E. Don't remember what they were of the top of my head, but they certainly weren't kid-friendly.
  • shyfonzie - April 23, 2010 4:14 a.m.

Great article, cubone weirds me out too. I remember an episode of Pokemon where the psychic gym leader traps Ash and co. in a doll house and one by one they turn into dolls. I saw it when I was young and was terrified.