Topics

WTF

We Recommend

• cindylei96 - June 3, 2010 3:23 p.m.

Who cares!!! My boyfriend thinks the same with me. He- is eight years older than me, lol. We met online at an age gap dating site[_www. A G E R O M A N C E com_]---a nice and free place for Younger- Women and Older Men, or Older Women and Younger Men, to interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out or- tell your friends
  • Zzombie99 - June 3, 2010 2:01 p.m.

You should have put the Dr. Wily UFO thing sound from Mega Man. I just beat MM10 and that same "eee-eee-eee-eee-eee" that makes my eardrums want to go the way of the hand grenade was just as bad as it was in MM2(Yay iPod apps!)
  • JenosIdanian - June 3, 2010 9:33 a.m.

I'd forgotten about Cliff Racers. I hated them so much. Great article. Should have included Navi, though.
  • Imgema - June 3, 2010 7:26 a.m.

Things that are missing from this list: 1- HEY! HEY! HEY! LISTEN! (how could you forget about that?) 2- Anything that comes out from Sonic's mouth 3- GAME OVER YEEEEEEAH! (or DAYTONAAAAAAAAA)
  • ChuckB - June 3, 2010 7:20 a.m.

The Codec Beep? Really? =/
  • HawtKakez - June 3, 2010 6:45 a.m.

You know what else is a really annoying sound, the sound of the enemies in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Heck, even the static coming from your wiimote when your looking for ghostly apperitions is just as ear numbing.
  • jmcgrotty - June 3, 2010 6:39 a.m.

This article was a joke, right? Who the hell doesn't play all games muted? Seriously, you need more believable articles.
  • TheWebSwinger - June 3, 2010 5:45 a.m.

MINE GOD WHY DOES MY COMPUTER SHOW ALL QUICKTIME FILES AS BLACK BARS.
  • RabidZombies - June 3, 2010 5:37 a.m.

When I saw Zelda, I thought for sure Navi would be on the list. Her dialog got annoying fast. And I hate Cliff Racers! They're the most annoying thing in Morrowind.
  • Krhyme - June 3, 2010 5:28 a.m.

Ok at first when I clicked on the page I was jamming.....but then dat 'tick tock' NES sound clicked in and I felt the urge to start mass murdering midgets by jumping on their heads while eating mushrooms and setting flowers on fire....
  • Samael - June 3, 2010 5:13 a.m.

THANK YOU for not putting Navi on this list. I mean this in all seriousness. I am now far more annoyed by people complaining about Navi, than I ever was by her to begin with. Yes, she was quite irritating from time to time. But by constantly complaining and imitating her, you have become the thing that you and I once hated. /endpointlessrant So yeah, great article. Except for the Codec sound. Always thought it was a perfect "incoming message" kind of sound. Which is why it's currently my text message ringtone.
  • Cwf2008 - June 3, 2010 4:16 a.m.

I thought Navi would be on here
  • FrozenImplosion - June 3, 2010 4:04 a.m.

"just eat a heart, or a fairy, or whatever." This made my day hahahaha
  • GoodGuyWithACrappyJob - June 3, 2010 3:55 a.m.

The best sounds can sometimes be the ones that one does not hear until one notices/listens closely. In other words, not these grating attacks on the cochlea.
  • Ensoul - June 3, 2010 3:50 a.m.

I couldn't help but create lyrics for Wizard and Warriors when I was a kid and that sound effect would play: "You're al-most dead." @Metroidhunter32: It was a huge help for sure, but it drove me insane when I couldn't find the thing.
  • KnightDehumidifier - June 3, 2010 3:29 a.m.

If we're talking Pokémon, then you forgot about the king of obnoxious noises: the Zubat cry. Any time you are in a cave, doesn't matter which one, expect to hear a Zubat scream at least every 30 seconds until you leave said cave.
  • c1nd3rcell - June 3, 2010 3:19 a.m.

Cliff Racers: Unforgettable little bastards.
  • festafreak - June 3, 2010 2:45 a.m.

I was actually thinking metroid prime when i saw this article, not for that sound but for another song that was annoying to listen to when my cousin was playing it at the cabin. On another more personal note, Morrowind is super awesome. And yes... the Cliff racers were super annoying. You would hear the sound and look around and up and every which way, but it always seemed to be invisible until it was RIGHT behind you and hitting you already :/
  • RebornKusabi - June 3, 2010 2:26 a.m.

Ugh! Multi-tasking sucks! I meant to say I have sound off quick keyed... but seriously though, good stuff. reCAPTCHA: "dryly Tax" (what is this I don't even)
  • Crimmy - June 3, 2010 2:25 a.m.

Sorry for DP, but I think that GBA pic for Pokemon was on purpose, RandomIdoit.