We Recommend

• pikachu2000 - August 13, 2009 6 a.m.

You want inaccuracy? Try playing The Incrediable Hulk for the SNES. Here is this big bad boss, The Leader, standing near the edge of a cliff, standing there doing absolutly NOTHING just waiting for you to uppercut his ass off the cliff and that's it. No defense, no resistance, no balls. No villian worth its salt would just stand there and get his ass kicked like THE LEADER did (that's even more of an insult that you are called "THE LEADER" of all people). Show me a page where this kind of BS ever happened. This kind of crap will never happen in the comics, ever.
  • IGiveUFunkButt - August 12, 2009 9 p.m.

One of the best articals I've read in ages, but I would have liked to have got your opinion on MK vs DC, good or bad.
  • Felixthecat - August 12, 2009 12:37 p.m.

Very good article, kudos.
  • yobro03 - August 12, 2009 12:03 p.m.

I played the demo for arkham asylum on pc and have to say it looks and plays great. I'm not too fussed about all this comic canon crap
  • metalgatesolid - August 12, 2009 11:47 a.m.

Im confussed. So is Bruce Wayne dead? Here in England the newspapers said Wayne dies fighting his father who faked his death is now a crime kingpin. Or something like that.
  • Seabread - August 12, 2009 9:36 a.m.

*yawn* how boring. dont you think this article is a bit redundant? i mean, you know how long it takes for a game to be developed. how can they possibly stay up to date with canon if comics are being released during development? this is like me coming back to this article in a few years time and saying "hey, you forgot about this game or that game". i could have sworn i heard an interview that said Batman:AA had taken influence from the comics and not the films.
  • TheWebSwinger - August 12, 2009 8:31 a.m.

It's like you wrote this article specifically for me. I salute you, Hank Gilbert.
  • BurntToShreds - August 12, 2009 6:08 a.m.

I would play a beat 'em up based on Blackest Night, the current DC event. Blackest Night is basically: Black Lantern rings are given to dead people (Mostly superheroes), making them intelligent zombies. Fighting zombie superheroes would be so awesome.
  • rafa_slash - August 12, 2009 5:28 a.m.

Damn, and i thought anime was convoluted as fuck!
  • H311DUCk - August 12, 2009 5:04 a.m.

Good Aqua man's here "Aqua man go get batman!"
  • Harmon20 - August 12, 2009 4:18 a.m.

I had a feeling that the new Batman game would stray from the comics. But at least the creators are coming up with something semi-original, right? And besides, I think being able to be the predator/detective that is Batman, in a really great game mind you, is reason enough to let the lack of canon slide a bit. You can definitely tell there is rip-offs from the Dark Knight movie, but it also makes Batman seem a little bit more realistic. At least to me, anyway. But this is all my opinion on this.
  • Defguru7777 - August 12, 2009 2:50 a.m.

What about Ultimate Spider-Man? I demand a follow-up article!! LOL I don't read many comics. I usually get the compilation books (Wanted, Ultimate Spider-Man, Halo: Uprising).
  • uz_mike222 - August 12, 2009 1:14 a.m.

@norid: i doubt it dude but i don't know, could happen or not happen at all. @Hexer: Dude, i own a newly released issue of the new Star Wars Comic series: Invasion, a couple of comics based off of a fantasy book series and a preview for Max Brook's The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks. and if your in San Diego and Comic Con is going on, get a F***ing pass and get your ass in that convention center. you'll find a lot of comics that are not about super heroes in tights. But good article Henry, you should have a feature or at least something that pits between you and Brett in a comic Trivia event. that would be great for this Week of Geek
  • brazmanoqk - August 12, 2009 1:10 a.m.

Honestly, who cares if it's faithful to the comic book stories? The reason so few media crossovers are good is that they require different things to be effective so who wants a crap but faithful game instead of a great game with discrepancies? And wasn't Arkham Asylum already in development for a long time by the time Dark Knight was revealed?
  • norid - August 12, 2009 12:45 a.m.

hmmmm will Marvel Utlamate 2 feature the death of Carptian America? Oh and bout time somebody mentioned why Hal went gray
  • Ravenbom - August 12, 2009 12:39 a.m.

Actually, I'd like to point out that fairly recently a graphic novel, iirc, called "Joker" took the a lot of the Nolan design for the Joker. I only played the demo, but I really liked the compromise between comic Batman and Movie Batman with emphasis on Comic Batman. I think post-Crisis they'll take the chance to update the character designs a little.
  • Yeager1122 - August 12, 2009 12:37 a.m.

oh i meant to say dont read comics not dont read articles.
  • dweller - August 11, 2009 11:47 p.m.

Spider-man chose Aunt May over Mary Jane?!! Glad I've been out of the Spider-man comic loop for a while.
  • LeeCarvallo - August 11, 2009 10:49 p.m.

You can't blame Web of Shadows for ignoring One More Day. Everyone hates One More Day. Spider-Man didn't recover in terms of quality until Joe Kelly's run.
  • lovinmyps3 - August 11, 2009 10:38 p.m.

@Hexar YOU'VE NEVER READ A COMIC BOOK!?!?! What is wrong with you?! Didn't you have a childhood?! You need to go out and get a comic RIGHT NOW!!! You can't judge a material saying it's just about "men in tights" when you've never read one!