• Spybreak8 - January 5, 2011 1:16 a.m.

Word
  • YoungZer0 - January 4, 2011 11:17 p.m.

Excuse me, but can the person who wrote the part about the Gerstmann Gate Affair please step forward and apologize? So let me get this straight. "Although it’s never been proven, it was widely suggested" So you don't have proof but you just keep on bashing this ridiculous conspiracy theory? Since when has a publisher the power to decide which Game "Journalist" (I wouldn't call someone like Gerstmann a Journalist) can or can not keep his job? By your logic it must have worked this way: K&L gets positive previews from Gamespot. Eidos pays Gamespot for Advertisement on their website. K&L gets released. Gerstmann releases a poorly written troll-like review. Eidos is pissed, does not want to pay Gamespot for the ads any more. Ads are taken down. Gerstmann gets fired. It's all Eidos fault. How in the world has Eidos so much power to tell CNET to fire someone? What's to gain? Nothing, nothing at all. The review is out. The Advertisement Deal is off. Nothing to gain. If there really is someone to blame it's CNET. Or Gamespot. But Eidos? You blame Eidos for being pissed? What's more interesting is the review itself; which only focuses on the first three level of the game. Video footage in the background of the video review, doesn't even show the fourth level. Gerstmann's 360 Account shows that he never finished the fourth level. My Conclusion: He didn't do his job. You can get fired for that. He got fired. Still, Eidos fault, i guess. Articles like that show that Game Journalism is still a joke.
  • DJxDAxNAME615 - April 7, 2010 5:24 p.m.

im so glad i grew up during this era. unforgetable
  • CH3BURASHKA - January 4, 2010 1:06 a.m.

Wait a minute... I thought ISLAM was the light...
  • noobeater - January 4, 2010 1:03 a.m.

honestly next decade will see nintendo finally collapse and although i hate the wii nintendo have always been great. and thus i depart as my laptop has like 2 mins of juice left bring on the 10's
  • matt588 - January 2, 2010 5:23 a.m.

still find the sexbox clip funny/infuriating, but seriously, I am worried about the next 10 years, can we have a meeting before we get the virtual reality chips embedded in our heads?
  • Samael - January 2, 2010 4:56 a.m.

Wow, this was just an incredibly fun article to read. I'd forgotten about most of these (The 2006 Sony press conference is always hilarious) and I'd never heard of some of them (Holy shitcakes, there's no way that Nu-Allard is the same as the old one. They had to have replaced him). You'll have to do another in 2020...if you're still around.
  • Marvelfan13 - January 2, 2010 1:08 a.m.

I got a subscription to EGM for my birthday RIGHT BEFORE IT SHUT DOWN! I was really mad.
  • ZombieAmmy - January 1, 2010 10:13 p.m.

Ridge racer, giant enemy crab and hit its weak point for massive damage are why better then Bam! There it is could ever be
  • boondocks50 - January 1, 2010 9:14 p.m.

the ps3 conference video slayed me, "the stages of the game will be based on actual battles that took place in japan... so heres this giant enemy crab" hahahaha
  • Silvermech - January 1, 2010 8:49 p.m.

BAM! Shakalakashakalakashakalaka.
  • Conman93 - January 1, 2010 3:55 p.m.

Pretty great decade. I wonder is there any other style nintendo could have for Zelda. They have done 2d, cartoony, realistic, whats left. Hopefully it will be revealed in the next decade Oh and happy 2010 to everyone!!
  • Heyexclamationpoint - January 1, 2010 3:45 p.m.

I thought Duke Nukem Forever being put out of its misery warranted a mention.
  • Logan2911 - January 1, 2010 2:46 p.m.

U missed one thing (pandemic studios) shut down:(
  • Logan2911 - January 1, 2010 2:44 p.m.

Fox news got me all excited to see that sex scene in mass effect. and I was very disappointed when I saw that scene it showed nothing. Thanks a lot fox
  • Dill - January 1, 2010 10:55 a.m.

And I thought it was Nintendo's conference where they did the "Ridge Racer! ... Riiidddge, RACER! .. Remember that?" not Sony
  • Dill - January 1, 2010 10:53 a.m.

I remember you guys talking about the Mass Effect controversy on Talk Radar a long time ago, but that chick in the blue shirt at the end really got me riled up. It got me raged up. I commented the boobs off that Youtube video. How did I not see that until now? Great article, makes me feel bad for missing so much shit
  • Cwf2008 - January 1, 2010 10:20 a.m.

RIP old EGM. And Fox "news", i hope your "reporters" have a special place in hell. Preferably next to jack thompson
  • cigero - January 1, 2010 9:03 a.m.

I was impressed how you guys decided not to publish that Jade Raymond video on the web. I assure you that most people would make that video go viral... its ironic considering that gamers have always been known as the ice cold would-be seriel killer stereotypes the media has made us out to be! Good job GR!
  • cigero - January 1, 2010 8:45 a.m.

I remember when the xbox came out... it was just as suprising as apple making a console (which, now looking back at history, would not be suprising, the only difference bieng apple would EPIC FAIL).