Topics

Best of 2010

• sleepy92ismypsn - December 31, 2010 6:17 a.m.

*RDR Spoilers below* I cried when John Marston died. I can't believe he's dead. It's so sad. I hope there will be a prequel to Red Dead Redemption one day where we can play as John Marston in his former gang.
  • masterjoe123 - December 31, 2010 2:22 a.m.

What about Quote from Cave Story?
  • Eliath - December 31, 2010 1:05 a.m.

@Gangster You can fix Rhonda in which case you can talk to Tabitha who is overjoyed. She then peacefully leaves, which I think was in the article. That being said, I agree with you. I think meeting Yes Man was in the greatest moments of gaming article. Maybe they wanted some variety. Although RDR has been in almost every list.
  • GangsterJew92 - December 31, 2010 12:56 a.m.

Personally, I think Yes Man should replace Tabitha. Listening to Tabitha on Black Mountain Radio is funny, even hilarious. But you can't talk to her, you only kill her. Yes Man tells you about everything on the Strip and around the Mojave. Tabitha also talks in a raspy voice, whereas Yes Man talks as if everything is okay, even while being offensive towards the Great Khans and talking about killing off entire tribes of people. Also, ANY new character from Mass Effect 2 could go on this list. They're all incredible.
  • AltairFoggz - December 31, 2010 12:48 a.m.

I HATED Eleanor Lamb, though I don't know why. John Marston was my favourite character. I also liked Captain De Santa for some reason.
  • nai1210 - December 31, 2010 12:38 a.m.

Agent York Morgan from deadly premonition was one of my fave's of the year and Bayonetta
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - December 31, 2010 12:15 a.m.

John Marston is of course the best on here.
  • Eliath - December 30, 2010 11:31 p.m.

This is a great read and a great list. I tried to think of other characters I would rather see on here, but I really can't I played all of these except for Street Fighter, and I loved each character mentioned. I absolutely loved everything about enslaved aside from the few bugs. The characters and dialog in Enslaved seemed so real.
  • BrunettePride - December 30, 2010 11:04 p.m.

Tabitha, YES! And Marston. Excellent choices.
  • Dredgon - December 30, 2010 10:46 p.m.

I love Legion, he is one of my favorite characters in ME 2 along with Thane and The Illusive Man, and I can't wait to spend more time with him in 3 as he was introduced late in 2. I also loved Alan Wake, even though at times he could be a jerk!
  • Spocksjock - December 30, 2010 10:18 p.m.

No Mordin or Alan Wake? I really liked both of them.
  • Clovin64 - December 30, 2010 10:13 p.m.

I totally agree with the choices on this list. Especially Monkey, John Marston and Sazh. Marston in particular is one of the main reasons I enjoyed RDR more than any GTA, for all the reasons you mentioned. He's a far more likeable sympathetic character than any GTA hero. As for Heavy Rain, I warmed up to Scott Shelby faaaaaaaaaar more than any of the other characters. I was gutted when he turned out to be the killer. I kept thinking I had done something wrong to get a crap ending or something.
  • Onepersonwithnoopinion - December 30, 2010 9:09 p.m.

Might wanna give an honorable mention to Tychus Findley from Starcraft 2 here, but other than that great list.
  • CH3BURASHKA - December 30, 2010 9:05 p.m.

Where's the angry Asian Spoilers guy? I miss him...
  • MoChilla - December 30, 2010 9:04 p.m.

I was thinking Enslaved should win an award for something other than gameplay and it had to be for best character: Pigsy. He's great in Enslaved, but shines in his DLC. He's comedic, has a goal, great change in story telling and artwork and best of all Richard Ridings delivery. He can deliver Laughs and emotion (Spoiler: the end is touching.)
  • Yeager1122 - December 30, 2010 8:49 p.m.

Legion was great but i also do wish you could have gotten him earlier in the game.
  • Grif - December 30, 2010 8:30 p.m.

I wish Scott Shelby wasn't the Origami, I mean origarmi killer.
  • Felixthecat - December 30, 2010 8:28 p.m.

Bayonetta, John Marston, Juri and Sazh are by far the best.
  • Korvak - December 30, 2010 8:19 p.m.

I really liked Monkey but I would have gladly braved a Robot Apocalypse for Trip.
  • 510BrotherPanda - December 30, 2010 8:12 p.m.

I really like Oswald now; his re-introduction into the Disney fold made me go to YouTube to look up the silent cartoons he starred in, and I now understand what a huge success he could have been if Iwerks/Disney were able to take him from Universal... I'm also sort of biased in his favor because my family has a black rabbit. I haven't played FF13, but Sazh looked like a very likable character from the start. I wished he was in Dissidia 2, but seeing as Lightning is scheduled to be in it, I doubt he'll get a chance to reappear.