We Recommend

• oddprophet - June 22, 2011 12:15 p.m.

Aside from the long loading times, you're pretty much grasping for straws in an all around fairly decent game. Not the best game, but I enjoyed it more than Bulletstorm.
  • Manguy17 - June 22, 2011 12:04 p.m.

I just tried the demo, if the rest of the game is similar in quality to that then I wouldnt hesitate in giving it a 4
  • flabslapper - June 22, 2011 11:57 a.m.

Look I'm sorry to do this Mr. Reparez, but PLEASE tell me when you make the Frankenstein joke you meant the Doctor and not the monster...I know at this point the names have become irreparably interchanged but this is the last thing I still nerd rage over and it really bothers me so I had to leave this comment about it: FRANKENSTEIN IS THE DOCTOR NOT THE MONSTER!!! Anywho funny and awesome article as usual!
  • 8bitBaby - June 22, 2011 11:53 a.m.

did duke always talk that much? i don't remember i mean it's one liner after one liner after another. now that i think of it. did a lot of games inspired by DN have constant one liners? seems really annoying now. funny how taste change with time.
  • TheDigitalG - June 22, 2011 11:25 a.m.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise every joke in existence had to be about the economy or the weather, or other such big, grown-up subjects. You obviously can't grasp that some gamers are sick of 'upscale' humour like Portal and just want to laugh at dumb shit, and sick of serious shooters like CoD or Battlefield and want 'hamburger instead of caviar'.
  • Rhymenocerous - June 22, 2011 10:15 a.m.

I like the physics puzzles. Just sayin'
  • jasoncarter - June 22, 2011 10:13 a.m.

I am so sick of this duke bashing over and over again. I loved the game. What, are you reviewers all upset because its still selling that now we have to see whole articles bashing the entire game? Not everyone sees these things as negatives. I'm thrilled you hated it, move on. Tons of other people including myself didn't hate it.
  • yonderTheGreat - June 22, 2011 7:43 a.m.

I'm going to be bluntly rude here... "didn’t make us sit through any fucking 30-to-45-second loading screens every time we died" WAAAAAH! Stop playing PC/console games on consoles.
  • snipes101 - June 22, 2011 5:15 a.m.

This is...shockingly horrible.
  • RODTheMaster - June 22, 2011 5:12 a.m.

Hey Mikel, will you be doing a "Best moments in Duke Nukem." I actually enjoyed some sections quite a bit, and I think they're the diamonds in the crap-covered rough.
  • chrisda - June 22, 2011 4:57 a.m.

I agree with evandang, the second battlelord wasn't hard at all. i played on hard and only died once cause i didn't see the ammo cache. That being said, the hardest boss in my opinion is the Octoking, kind of difficult when the octobrains 2 shot you during the fight, but didn't take that long nontheless, but then again, i am playing PC where the loading screens don't infuriate me
  • evandang - June 22, 2011 4:36 a.m.

To be a little fair, The 2nd Battlelord is not that bad. It IS bad in that they recycled the exact same boss from just a few hours ago.