• EwoksTasteLikeChicken - June 22, 2011 8:10 p.m.

Wow this game sounds fucking terrible I'm surprised it got a 6
  • misfit119 - June 22, 2011 7:27 p.m.

Actually I think the problem is that some of us out there are so confused that there are so many man-children out there that are so amused by being able to throw feces and fake, rubbery looking titties. People keep talking about video game critics being on high horses - maybe the problem is that you guys are enjoying playing in the sewer. We're not putting ourselves above you, you're lowering yourselves to playing with human waste so you're the ones choosing to be lower.
  • Sensationo - June 22, 2011 7:24 p.m.

Wikiparaz is credit to team!
  • carlos5577 - June 22, 2011 7:17 p.m.

People are in denial that the game does indeed suck. I will never buy this game for $50 if I ever do buy it it will be for $5 on steam. And to the people that say that "reviewers should rate this game for what it is" I say that they are doing just that, rating it for what it is: A piece of shit
  • Sensationo - June 22, 2011 7:11 p.m.

Entire team of commenters is BABIES!! Do I smell soiled diaper? BABY MEN!
  • Paynekiller87 - June 22, 2011 6:51 p.m.

Part of the problem with DNF is that the humour wasn't subtle enough. Sure, in Duke 3D there were obvious things such as Duke's quotes, but a lot of the humour was based around posters on the walls and stuff like that. DNF had part of that in it (Breasts motivational poster with a bible quote underneath it made me chuckle), but they went mad over-the-top with in-your-face jokes that feel dated because the content was finished in 2009, when the jokes were relevant. BTW, I love people blaming Gearbox for everything that went wrong. They didn't really do that much. Triptych and Piranha games worked on a majority of the content and Gearbox just kinda, finished it off and got the game released. After playing it through twice, I can see why a lot of people would hate on it. I enjoyed it but could still see the issues. There were no rose-tinted glasses for me and, in all honesty, Mikel's 6 and IGN's 6.5 are pretty good review scores. Others like 2/3/4 out of 10 were probably a bit TOO much.
  • ChangingtheSpectrum - June 22, 2011 6:23 p.m.

If you wanna laugh at "dumb shit", go watch Tracy Morgan's stand-up routine on YouTube. Seriously, I don't mind immaturity combined with pure testosterone; hell, I bought (and loved) Bulletstorm. The problem is, is that Bulletstorm nailed that kind of humor better than Duke Nukem did. If you can't understand that, then don't read this stuff.
  • Turbonutter - June 22, 2011 6:09 p.m.

Most the points of this review I agree with, but not all of 'em. The Battlelord on Hoover Dam was actually one of the better boss fights in recent gaming history IMO, and I don't care what the tight-assed right wing watchdog groups think, I can't stand those pretentious assholes anyway. Screw politically correct, I'm tired of it... and this game agrees with me completely, which is probably why I like it despite its other issues. The graphics weren't that bad either, I don't get all the negativity on that.
  • ScrEAMaPiLLar - June 22, 2011 5:49 p.m.

I will say you guys are jumping on your high horses. It is like you can enjoy a good romp through what Duke is. He's always been a sexist prick. Get over it. The wall boobs are there, because boobs. It is there for silliness, enjoy the silliness. Instead of getting all uppity. Mikel I respect you as a reviewer, but this one doesn't sit right with me. The 6 score was fair. Average nothing special wait for the price to come down. Your review is mostly on par with what the game does deserve. The loading times and glitches are not there or gone on the PC version. I think you really should update the score for it on the PC version or add you played the PC version. Something. And @Dabwolf YES PC version does matter in this debate. Would you base the Orange Box on the console versions? Hell no.
  • AndIThoughtHeSmelledLikePizzaOnTheOutside - June 22, 2011 3:22 p.m.

@kyle94 I agree with you about everything except his choice of guns.Freeze gun has replenishing ammo(took me forever to stumble upon that fact) and executing the frozen baddie replenishes health. Sometimes that makes up for how long it takes to freeze them. So I wonder what percentage of people that are defending the game are PC gamers, such as myself. For some reason I found it a refreshing contrast to the COD type games. Not completely sure why. I could see how loading times would sink the game alone. There were several places I would have quit for a while rather than pushing through if the loading times were worse. I did hate the Hive level (same in 3D) and would be happy to see more toned down(?) objectification of women in a sequel. And maybe I just want to justify preordering it off of steam. I never buy shooters (except for valve ones) until they fall in price. Why was Duke different?
  • EAC73 - June 22, 2011 3:15 p.m.

The game wasn't god awful, i played it on console with the loading and it honestly didn't put me out of the mood to play the game. Is it me or is there just some really inpatient people. Also if your going to bash Duke for loading why not bash Mass Effect with their long elevator rides, that pissed me off just like Duke but i kept playing.
  • gimlimacguyver - June 22, 2011 3:02 p.m.

after all that time waiting... it was still worth the wait... but one thing puzzles me... why open the game with a blowjob? its like they want to piss people off
  • SOLAMON77 - June 22, 2011 2:39 p.m.

The elevator scene actually has numbers on the wall that show you how close to the ground you are getting. They are a bit hard to notice, but they are there.
  • LoganDeckard - June 22, 2011 1:57 p.m.

To quote Bret-Bot "fuck that game and its stupid face".
  • db1331 - June 22, 2011 1:07 p.m.

WOW. I can't believe some people paid $60 or even $50 for this garbage. After watching those vids, I think Mikel was actually a little GENEROUS in his review.
  • BladedFalcon - June 22, 2011 12:54 p.m.

*sighs* man, my face hurts after so much facepalming, reading a lot of the comments here. Okay, I get it. A lot of you guys liked the game, that's perfectly damn fine. But those of you who are spouting shit like "Oh the reviewers are getting into high horses!" are basically admitting that the game IS shit and of bad taste, and really have no better argument to try and demerit the opinions of others. Face it people, even if you didn't personally mind it, stuff like slapping wall bobs is of terribly bad taste. And it's not the only problem with the game. It's fugly, the gameplay mechanics are average, and their pop cultures are very damn outdated and exaggerated. And those are not things subject to opinion, they are facts. (facts that you can clearly see in the videos above, except perhaps for the actual shooting mechanics.) If you loved the game DESPITE these facts, good, more power to you. But don't bash on people that got annoyed by it, because they actually DO have a point.
  • Thama03 - June 22, 2011 12:43 p.m.

Ah you guys do realise that the jumping action is a throwback to DN 3D? Please tell me you got that...please?
  • myguyfromthe80s - June 22, 2011 11:59 a.m.

@TheDigitalG I totally agree with you. I honestly think the difference is that some reviewers have been in the industry that long, it's almost there job to start reviewing the game at 0% and work up, rather than the other way round. If most of us are honest, you can't replicate the mindset you had when you were a teenager. Luckily people like the DigitalG can. Games used to be bad, buggy and horribly cliché but we still enjoyed them regardless. Too much hate in this world today *breaks into song* Bar the loading times (damn u PS3, Y U Install on my HD??) I'm currently enjoying it.
  • TheDigitalG - June 22, 2011 11:50 a.m.

I wasn't expecting a personal response! I think, it's the same problem I have with movie critics. It all boils down to my action film fetish. I stopped reading movie reviews after the Expendables, because critics hated it as they're all snobs that give no merit to a film unless it's deep and breaks boundaries. We don't all want incredible plots and artistic shots. Sometimes, we just want to blow shit up, you see? It's the same with Duke. I laughed, but probably because I know every line to every film from the 70s onwards with an explosion in it.
  • GamesRadarMikelReparaz - June 22, 2011 11:41 a.m.

@TheDigitalG: You're right, it was very wrong of me to force you to click on the link and read the article. And clearly, I should have realized that if a game is unfunny and boring, it's my job as a critic to keep quiet about that, so long as it doesn't take itself seriously. Glad to hear you enjoyed the game (no sarcasm there). I thought it had some enjoyable bits and a lot of problems, and that it could have been a hell of a lot better. Please don't take that personally.